Posts by yjyj

Psy is a very great performer and entertainer. Despite not being a fan, I always enjoy watching his live performance and on TV show (his fantastic duo stages were legendary)

If I remember correctly, Gangnam style also took a while to hit viral too.

Yeah Psy is an amazing performer. The Sungkyunkwan University performance looked insane - the crowd was going absolutely wild. No doubt his performances and their virality play a part in his songs becoming bigger hits. It's interesting to me though that he didn't start with very high initial ULs (unlike how other anticipated, well-known acts start off with massive numbers before dropping to a respectably high plateau) since he's a big name, had Suga producing and featuring, and I would've thought there was hype because of the long time between comebacks.

No none of his songs have reached close to those ULs - I think his two biggest songs ULs-wise are Trust in me, which peaked at ~200k, and the OST Love always runs away, which peaked at ~265k.

However, his strength digitally is not peak ULs, it's longevity (his ULs have not dropped much from peak levels 2 years after release for Trust in me and 7 months after release for Love always runs away) as well as high and consistent hourly ULs

Small error on my part, was looking at the wrong song, his title track actually sits at around 195k ul.

Which would mean his total album uls is above 900k+.

I think your initial statement is technically not incorrect - the song with 130-140k ULs (If we ever meet again) is a title track. Our blues (the one with 190kg ULs) is also a title track but it's the one that was released a week earlier and is also an OST for that successful drama with Lee Byung Hyun and Shin Mina

Credit to the LYW fandom but its just dumb at this point. His title track peaked at 127k ul.

It will be interesting to see if melon is going the change how the charts work again in 6 months or so when lyw is still charting with the same ten songs in top 20/30. Imagine if the realtime chart was still in place.

I knew LYW's 24hr ULs would be unimpressive but his listeners are even fewer in number than I expected. I was expecting If We Ever Meet Again to get close to Love Always Runs Away ULs of ~230k since there would also be GP and casual listeners tuning into the title track at least initially, but not evening getting to 130k ... So looks like his insane fandom (the ones that stream the entire album hourly without fail) is ~25k, his very dedicated fandom (the ones who streaming at least daily) is ~60k, his regular fandom is ~120k and maybe ~100k casual listeners who listen more to his OSTs ... the number of albums his fans must've bought to get 1 mil sales in a couple of days 😳

And melon top100 is an eyesore atm but LYW b-sides surprisingly already starting to lose steam? His b-side bomb is occupying the 30s and 40s rather than the top 30 (except early morning and late evening when they predictably shoot back up) and ULs already dropping a bit. And I think there are only a couple added to the total number of LYW songs in top 100 because his fans have run out of time to stream the older LYW songs that had been occupying chunks of the top 100.

Oh man, the new LYW ost is #1 on Gaon digital with 45 mil, obviously driven by mass downloads (it's #40 on the streaming chart) ... when he releases his album, the top 10 may almost all be LYW songs??

I think it's great kpop acts are performing at Coachella - I'm sure it must be a great experience for them and hopefully does bring positive exposure for the groups as well as kpop in general. I can't speak for kpop stans (because yes there usually is bias involved depending on whether their fav is performing or not), but if thinking from a general perspective, I can understand the view that it's not as a big deal as kpop stans make it out to be.

There are >150 acts performing at Coachella each year from all over the world, most of them being small indie acts, and ~20 of these per day perform on either the main or sahara stage. I've never personally been to Coachella but friends who have been previously remembered very little about who they saw other than the headliners and their fav groups (obviously experience may be different for other people).

Really interested to see what their Gaon numbers for April (+ March) will be. A lot of fans still haven't received their albums 🤦‍♀️

FMR was unexpectedly nominated for music bank yesterday because of surprisingly high physical points (music bank uses gaon) - according to this, apparently the points suggest >200k shipments in the past week alone!

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

LYWs song is still in top 10. Unless melon uls in top 10 starts rising again it looks like it can stay there forever basically as it never wavers from 230k ul really.

It's currently 9th on daily right? Be'o continuing to rise gradually and is just outside the top 10 now, Psy releasing soon ... if those two don't kick it out of the top 10 then songs from LYW's own album in May probably will haha

Looks like his fandom will be as dedicated in buying as they are in streaming and downloading ... poor timing for le sserafim - hybe would be hoping for them to chart decently on kcharts (in addition to having decent sales) to increase GP interest since they're a rookie gg but that will be tough when LYW is likely to chart his entire album on melon. realistically no chance on any music shows for them unless LYW is ineligible for some (le sserafim may get an edge on sns points but that's probably it).

It's so cute that she was one of the fans in this great Red Velvet 300x2 performance (at 1.11):

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

LYW fans' dedicated streaming putting all others to shame ... 95k total ULs at the time of daily chart release despite consistently having ~30k ULs each hour ... really must be the same ~25k people listening at least every hour without fail

Yes, 82 according to this:

Despite clearly still being the most listened to song in Korea by a long mile, Still Life won't be able to get more CAKs or PAKs for at least a week because it has dropped to #2 on youtube music ... instiz was silly before, but now it has really become meaningless

Wow Ive has overtaken Melomance on 24hr ULs and they're only 5k behind Ganadara so will probably overtake Ganadara very soon as well (I thought last week this would be a tough ask but clearly I underestimated Love Dive) and climb to 4th daily. Will soon have a top 4 on melon daily consisting of kpop group songs

I also suspect that SM probably only had 300k+ albums ready way before they knew of the 513k pre order they reported. They most likely expected it to do similar to Queendom sales. Anyway I hope the numbers on the next update makes more sense.

Yes, it wouldn't be an SM release, especially an RV release, if there isn't considerable under-stocking.

I'm surprised though this unexpected discrepancy between Hanteo and Gaon sales doesn't happen more with fanbase-reporting being counted in Hanteo sales - fanbases make up a significant portion of sales for many groups so many groups who release near the end of the month should be affected? But it's pretty rare for Hanteo sales to be considerably higher than the first monthly Gaon update?

oh I made a mistake, our hanteo monthly is much higher that's why I edited my comment, this rv chart account is explaining the low gaon number.

Oh I didn't know this about sales to fanbases and reporting to Hanteo. This makes sense given the large contribution of FMR sales from Chinese fanbases

nevermind gaon lines up perfectly with our hanteo numbers for march

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/192387/

Hopefully the April update will show total sales being >500k and they'll get their 2x platinum certification.

I thought that the March update may not be as high as anticipated because their weekly Gaon album ranking was below Cravity's despite having much higher Hanteo sales that week ... but I was hoping Gaon numbers would be a little higher than their March Hanteo sales ... so SM is doing basically no shipments outside of those already sold via Hanteo-affiliated stores and no albums on shelves?