Posts by rosiebunny

To put it in a term that is not a music genre like "noise music", a lot of kpop songs to me sound as "kids bops". You know, something you would play at a child's birthday party. But you don't see me go around spending my energy to let people know that what they like is kids bops and it is ruining the music industry. :-) When you don't like a certain type of music and/or you don't understand it, doesn't mean it's bad and it's ruining kpop.

“kids bops”

This is honestly a dumb answer. :clown: Kpop was basically targeted to teenagers (mid schoolers, high schoolers) not adult. In Korea few years ago people over 18-20s WOULDNT listen to kpop in Korea. That’s why the industry is so hard on idols about their image, cuz basically they had that “clean” image in front of kids! It’s like disney celebrities in America. Sorry but yeah basically Kpop was like listening hannah montana in Korean. Now industry changed and it’s taken more seriously in Korea. But Kpop has never been done for international fans, even though there’s a real market for them. Idk you’ve never wonder what the pop in Kpop means? “Kids bops” can’t ruin Kpop cuz they are the BASE of what Kpop is. I don’t mind that people like “noise music” or groups only having that concept. But before Kpop had a lot of diversity (I’ve been listening Kpop over 10 years now). You could listen to “noise songs” and then see a gg doing cute concept, and then some soloist doing a ballad in the same month comeback. But now groups are doing pretty much the same thats what we meant by “ruining”. It’s good these kind of music is produced for all of people that actually like it. But the overproduction of that music and less and less diversity in Kpop is definitely ruining Kpop. Idk reasons why people love Kpop, but mine was the fact it was different, and that got diversity. Also sorry but I love these “kids bops” cuz I love POP MUSIC, there’s a lot of Korean music genre and Kpop is an industry before being a genre, but the base of it was still Korean pop music. ;-)

I feel like this was dumb as answer cuz it don’t take the point itself of this industry.