Posts by neigl

When I visited my mother last time, she was listen to it too. So I asked since when she is listen to kpop.

She said she only listen to wdr (name of the radio Programm).

Her English is so bad that she doesn't even recognize if it's English or Korean.

thank you. no we have some arguments to discuss about.

Its democracy for all. the victims too. But there are also borders for both. As i allready said. the victims are free to voice their dislike. But they cant demand the cancel of the movie. The company is allowed to air the movie. but if they show something the korean law forbids. like plagiarism or the law against dishonor korean history they will get punished. but the decision will be made be a judge and the law not us. So at first we have to see the movie and than we have to wait what the judge say. and than we can bash either the netizens or the producer or wohever failed. but untill now its just the same accusations without proof netizens startet with hometown chachacha or t-ara.

We cant kill the producion without proof or warant cause we like in a democracy now. Thats the laws and rules and achievements the activists/victims fought for.

About the arguments of munwha:

1. He said they are like nazis and we should not make movies portray them as likeable or glorify them.

Well he surely shouldnt watch. The estonian movie 1944. the italian movie Leibstandarte My Honor was loyalty and many more. The problem is that as long you show the whole organisation as bad you can still portray indiviuals within the organisation in another light.

For example the SS. Lets be honest. Wat they did made the NSA look like kindergarten.

There were soldiers who followed the regime and ideology blindly. they hunted people down, killed them. guards the conzentration camps... but there were also french men or from other counquered terretories conscripted into the SS and forced to fight, who deserted at the first possibility. And there are movies who show all this.

Its dictatorships who shut down everthing they dont like. and its democracies wo show everything even if some of the sides they show may not be liked by some people.

2. He said the ANSP were not people who were attempting to catch nk spies and only hunted innocent people mostly students. they tortured and killed not just those who oppose them but everybody. He used the gwanju massaker and park jong cheol as example.

This is partly overexagerating and partly wrong.

For the gwanju massaker firstly 250000 participated. 200 dead. 3500 wounded. 1500 arrested. After the local police partly went over to the revolts, partly refused to fight, and the rest wasnt able to stop the uprising. it was army units mainly 7th airborne brigade who did the massaker. Not the angibo. The DSC Defense Security Command often known by its short name Boansa (Boan Saryeongbu) was responsible for some torturing but that was also not the angibo. Secondly if they were as terrible as op claimed theyere would be 250000 dead not 200.

The death of bak jong cheol seven years later caused demonstations were a protester was seriously injured by a tear gas grenade. that caused the june struggle were milions people went on the street and the dictatorship capitulating to the terms of the movement and civil rights were granted in the 29th6 amendmend. So while the angibo took people without warrant or proof, torture people and kill them on several occations. they didnt do it each and every time like op claimed. otherwise there would be milions of dead and one death would not cause this events.

Yes the angibo was shit but he doesnt realise that the movie is around the time the angibo like the whole country is allready changing. you will see the righous agend switch sides as soon he realise angibo is used against the opposition and not against nk.

Saying angibo have nothing to do with capturing nk spies is wrong. it is the National Intelligence Service (KCIA) till today. At that time besides acquire intelligence on NK and suppress SK activists it was haviliy involved in many other activities outsite of its sphere, like domestic politics and even promoting the 1988 summer olympics in seoul. to show individual somehow different than u would expect is totally fine.

3. Use of historical figures. The didnt use histirical figures. They even say at the beginning everything is ficitonal.

Kim Oak Boon. Using a similar name not even the same without show anything related to him as accusation the movie try to mock him has no solid ground for me.

Choi Jong Gil. At no time the show say Professor Han or any other character in the movie has to be choi jong gil.

Chun young cho. eun young ro. a totally different character, with different backround, in different situation, with different name. please stop its getting hillarious.

4. Dictator/president chun do hwan. was an ashole. he succeeded park chung hee. another ashole dictator/president. nevertheless korea voted her daughter park geun hye president from 2013-2017. chun do hwan was succeded by roh tae woo in june. he capitulated to the terms of the democratic movement in the june struggles. so he won the elections in februar 88 mainly because oposition wa split in several parties. but he stayed to his words and continued democratisation of korea in the following years. untill democratic party won election in the earlie 90s and condemned both for their crimes. when chun do hwan died. all 3 former living presidents were in prison. korean politics is all a mess. and now they use movies for their agenda and battlefield. Problem is the movie cant dissort history or try to mock historical figures because they didnt even try to show the in the first place. it is only a love story playing around that time but clearly after the worst attrocities against activists or inocent people happended.

5.To show nk spies are totally fine also. since this is an actual story that could happend at every era since both koreas were founded in the cold war till today.

thank you for the ability to discuss this stuff here. i really like history. please bring forward any more claims that may convince me the movie is a complott by someone to dissort history or whatever may the problem. but this guy isnt it. really not profunded at all.

Freedom of expression, yeap. What the internet always use whenever they just wanna be assholes that asks victims to “bear with it”.

I mean clearly you don’t have any kind of respect towards others, and the more you type here the more it shows, you are the “me me me I’m important” type.

Just know that if you take this attitude in the real world, no left right traditionalist conservative liberal none of them would take a “me me me” type of person. Live alone in this 7 billion population. Its better for you.

the problem is that the activists arent the only people that have rights. The law will decide who is allowed to do what. you think its not ok. i think its fine to show the movie. lets wait what the judge say. since we wont find any agreement.

The movie play in october. After the 29.6 ammendmend. The ruling party have allready capitulated to the terms of democratic movement. democratic reforms are allready kicking in and torturing stops. so of course they cant show the same nsa as the nsa that fought several month earlier against the movement. Especially since its an complete different department of the nsa than that fighting the democratic protesters.

I had respect for the victims in the first place but i lose it the more it shows they didnt even watched the movie or know what it is about. Thy are just activists use it as battlefield against the oposition in the upcoming election.

You also couldnt name one specific scene and explain in detail why it is problematic also you ignore all arguments that are made by me or others in pro of the movie. you just stating that we are wrong or you dont see it like that. this is kindergarden level of argumentation.

its just political activists using the movie as their battlefield trying to disregard the other party with their past for the upcoming election. Seems like progressive party is going to lose if they use moves like this.

Korean politics are a mess. On both sides... This chun was bad but after capitulating to the terms of the democratic movement the ruling party won the election and stayed in power for several more years. And korea still they made the daughter of his preceeding dictator president several years later. After chuns dead all 3 (or was it more, im slowly losing count) former living presidents were in prison including park geun hye. but she was recently releaved after serving like 2,5 years of her expected 16. Maybe korean history isnt as black and white but sometimes more greyish than some people wanted it to be.

Just shut up everyone who dont agree with you is a really strange understanding of freedom of expression for a progressive party.

Lol now you are narrating "ItS a hAtEtRaiN" while managing to note that the victims spoke up means nothing and -they should just not watch it-.

Just say your own entertainment is more important than "some Korean history".

It may hurt, but the victims have to bear with it. not because of my entertainment but because this is i about freedom of expression. one of the main pillars of a democracy. those who doesnt like the move are free to voice their dislike. but with this petition and demand to burn the work, you attack one of the most important achievements the democratic movement fought for.

Korean politics is a mess from both sides. After chuns death all former living presidents were in jail. There are upcoming elections. And now politican activists use this movie as their battlefield to disregard the other party for what they did wrong in the past. :P

I did watch the Snowdrop drama and I definitely don't see it like you didn't BUT the victims speak up and said they did see the downplay on the NSP, and those are people that actually went through those murders in history. So who am I and who are you as the people who not only haven't gone through the said tragedy, but isn't Korean at all say "Oh I don't see the problem so should be okay". Is it only your entertainment that matters more than other people's suffering?

the victims spoke up. there were critics that said the nk army was shown in a to positive light. the same with the nk goverment. but for whatever reasons the netizens only made a hatetrain from snowdrob.

the vicims arent forced to watch that movie or care about it at all since its not about them. they were seens once or twice in the backround were they were demonstrating and fighting the goverment forces. the rest of the movie was about a the FL a studend who is not part of the democratic movement fall in love with a nk spy. and the spy is chased by an nsa. this also has nothing to do with the movement because its not the nsa department that fights against the movement and the nk spy istn part of the movement either. episode 2 and the rest of the movie allready play when the movement have won and they gained their civil rights and other main demands. also most victims like the victims from the gwanju massaker happent 7 years earlier. they arent part of the movie at all.

this pitty is not that serious. i know they wont get killed or exiled. but nobody likes to work hard intending to make some people happy and than the people shit on your work.

i really like cloy. but its totally fantasy and you should know it. the couple would never got to neutral swiss because in reality the nk geverment would just have killed hyun bin for working together with the enemy. it doesnt matter if its partially true. showing the nk army that friendly is still dangerous and offensive. think about the victims of the bombardment or the battle of yeongpyeong 2010. the army that is in state of war with sk and killed there relatives is shown as heroes and good people. Also if the war goes hot again, making the sk population having to much symathy for nk soldiers would undermine their ability to defend against them. cloy is a serious thread to the security of the korean repulic and all of its population.

Watch the drama. In snowdrop there is NO NK spy in the democracy protest. there is not one scene the ML participates in the protests. its the total oposite. the whole movie explain very well why the NSP have no right to those murders.

im not really concerned, i dont care that much actually. jisoo or even hain will still have a fine live with all their money even if this would have been the last entertainment they would do. :p

Its sad that the staff and actors worked hard to give us entertainment... but i mean not this kind of entertainment... and than we complain why companies are so carefully and dont let their artists do anything anymore.

i guess i just get angry at unproven hatetrains since t-ara gets ruined and this hometown chachacha guy recently remined me on that again.

more then enough but as example take cloy. Getting democracy is like 30 years ago. but the division is still ongoing. it is also very serious situation since both countries are still at war. main lead and his friends are shown like super hereos while we have reports from refugees who descriped nk soldiers as very hostile even to the own population, mainly due to the hard circumstances they live under. this is very offensive tokoreans who have lost family members or suffered under the nk army. also showing the army who is the main thread to the country in such a positive light could make it harder for their own soldiers to fight against them in case that is needed. The movie could have brough massive danger to the safety of the country. its also very dissorting history. i mean come on. hyung bin should be a soldier in the nk army? are you for real?

They will probably just prevent the conspiracy to succeed thats it. The movement will still be the reason Korea got democracy.

at the time the movie (2nd ep) happend they allready got democracy...

first ep happend in march 87 the battle of the democratic movement(started 79, when the military took power, the gwanju massaker happend 1980) culminated in the june struggle that ended with the ruling party capitulated and agreed on 29thjune to give major civil rights and other demands. So the street battles, protests and tortures ended around that time. the constitution was finally signed on october 12th. the 2nd ep happend in october when the ruling party try to win the election in februar. but due to the oposition being divided they will win the election so the party stayed in power till the 90s when the former leader got condemned.

at this point its just political. and korean politics are a mess it seems. the last 3 presidents got condemned for some crime... maybe all this mess is an false flag from the right wing... they are pissed how their party is shown. but if they would argue like this nobody would care so if they claim they dont like how the democratic movement, or historical figures, or nsa or whatsoever is shown they get much more support and hearing. :P