Posts by Lightsum

who is the loudest member?

SANGAH) The loudest members are NAYOUNG and me.

CHOWON) Most of our members are quite loud, but among us, SANGAH is the loudest.

NAYOUNG) I would say SANGAH.

HINA) Uhmm.. maybe SANGAH? or NAYOUNG?

JUHYEON) SANGAH and NAYOUNG! They are most active and talkative so they are in charge of the mood of the team.

YUJEONG) Whenever we are hyped up, we all become loud but I would say SANGAH is the loudest because her voice becomes louder when she gets excited.

HUIYEON) NAYOUNG!

JIAN) SANGAH is the loudest and the most active member.

Question to all/anyone:

Do you have much contact with other Cube artists like (G)I-dle members, but also others? Have they been helpful in preparing you for your debut and career as an idol? If so, what advice, support or help has stuck with you the most?

SANGAH) The advice that we should be proud of our work and not worry because we’re doing so well gave me a lot of strength and touched my heart the most.

CHOWON) They always give us a lot of advice and help us. I remember when SEO EUNKWANG from BTOB came during our music video filming and cheered us up.

NAYOUNG) Many of our seniors gave us advice but among them, I remember them saying that we should always have pride in what we do.

HINA) Personally, I had a chance to film with MIYEON of (G)I-DLE. She gave me good advice and I also learned a lot from her while filming with her.

JUHYEON) CLC and (G)I-DLE gave us a lot of advice before our debut.

I had many thoughts about being a leader of the team and SOYEON told me all about it, which was very helpful. SEUNGYEON advised me to take good care of my health and always be ready for a good performance. There are a lot of seniors who I can ask for advice, so it's always a big help!

YUJEONG) They told us that teamwork is the most important thing and that we need to trust and rely on each other since we’re now on the same team.

HUIYEON) Listening to our seniors' experiences, I learned a lot even before my debut and I think those experiences helped me to stay more composed after my debut.

JIAN) Many of our seniors gave us good advice but among them, I remember them saying that we need to take pride in what we do and do our best in everything.

What were your first impressions of each other?

SANGAH) Most of our members are younger than me and cute unlike me, so I thought of them as my cute younger sisters.

CHOWON) I remember all of our members’ first impressions but among them, HUIYEON’s first impression was the most

memorable one. She was really quiet, very different from now haha.

NAYOUNG) SANGAH looked chic and had a cold look, CHOWON looked hard to approach, HINA was cute (like a peach),

YUJEONG was such a baby that I wanted to protect her, HUIYEON was quiet and shy so it was hard to approach her, and I was jealous of JIAN because she is tall for her age.

HINA) I remember JUHYEON the most because she talked to me in Japanese and introduced the company in Japanese too. I felt very reassured.

JUHYEON) First of all, both CHOWON and I were shy but after getting to know her, I realized she was very different! She looks very savage but actually is delicate and soft-hearted.

I was surprised because SANGAH was very outgoing. I thought NAYOUNG was a quiet person at first and YUJEONG was just so cute.

I approached HINA first because I was excited that I could make a Japanese friend, and I remember that as soon as

HUIYEON and JIAN came, they were busy practicing the dance.

YUJEONG) I thought SANGAH, JUHYEON, CHOWON, JIAN and HUIYEON would be hard to approach. NAYOUNG and HINA are outgoing and bubbly so I became close with them pretty easily. But we are all very close to each other now!

HUIYEON) Uhmm.. I clearly remember JUHYEON’s first impression! Seeing her organizing the choreography very smoothly and leading the team well, I thought that she is such a great leader.

JIAN) I remember CHOWON’s first impression the most. I was amazed to see her in person because I used to see her through the screen and I felt like I was seeing a celebrity.

who is the loudest member?

SANGAH) The loudest members are NAYOUNG and me.

CHOWON) Most of our members are quite loud, but among us, SANGAH is the loudest.

NAYOUNG) I would say SANGAH.

HINA) Uhmm.. maybe SANGAH? or NAYOUNG?

JUHYEON) SANGAH and NAYOUNG! They are most active and talkative so they are in charge of the mood of the team.

YUJEONG) Whenever we are hyped up, we all become loud but I would say SANGAH is the loudest because her voice becomes louder when she gets excited.

HUIYEON) NAYOUNG!

JIAN) SANGAH is the loudest and the most active member.

Hi Lightsum!

What do you to calm yourselves when you feel stressed?

SANGAH) When I feel stressed, I try to calm myself by doing my hobbies.

CHOWON) I try to get rid of stressful thoughts by playing piano or singing.

NAYOUNG) I tend to organize my thoughts. I write down my thoughts in my diary and realize why I had a hard time and try to calm my mind.

HINA) I call my mom or my friends and get rid of stress right away!

JUHYEON) I really like being alone. I work out, write my diary and organize my thoughts, read books and watch movies to relieve stress.

YUJEONG) Whenever I get stressed, I tend to eat spicy food while watching fun videos on YouTube.

HUIYEON) I like to space out at dawn while listening to pop songs with the window open.

JIAN) I try to relieve stress by listening to music and enjoying my hobbies.

is there anything one of the members told you and that you never forgot? love from brazil 💖

SANGAH) Among what the members said, I remember them saying “It's amazing that you've worked so hard to come this far and thank you for helping the team”.

CHOWON) Honestly, I felt so happy when they told me that I’m a proud vocalist and a crucial member of the team.

NAYOUNG) I remember them saying I have natural born talent.

HINA) Even if I'm having a hard time, I tend not to tell others about it and just move on positively. There was a moment when I told my members that I’m having a hard time and I can’t forget them saying “You always keep smiling even though you may have a hard time in a foreign country”. When I heard this, I was touched and felt that they understand my feelings.

JUHYEON) I remember JIAN saying she’s never seen a person who dances well like me. Also, I was thankful when JIAN said I was the one who takes care of JIAN the best.

YUJEONG) JUHYEON wrote me a letter on my birthday saying, "Thank you for always working hard and not giving up. Let’s walk together from now on and let's make a hit together”. It was very touching and I hope that LIGHTSUM will stay together forever.

HUIYEON) I remember them saying “HUIYEON is amazing the more we see her. You can do it for sure so trust yourself!”

JIAN) I can’t forget them saying that I’m a member that the team needs.

Hii! If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?

SANGAH) I want to have a superpower of remembering things. I want to remember our fans' faces well, but there are times when it doesn't work, so it would be great to have such a superpower!

CHOWON) I want to have the superpower of teleporting. Since I like traveling, I want to go anywhere and do whatever I want to do. If I want to go somewhere right now, I can go in a blink of an eye.

NAYOUNG) I've always wanted to have the ability to teleport, but now I want to have the ability to stop time. I want to stop time and sleep all day.

HINA) I want to have the ability to understand any language! Even if my Korean has improved a lot, there are still many expressions and words that I don't know, so I hope to have this ability.

JUHYEON) I wish I had the ability to have multiple bodies! If I have about three bodies, I will be able to do things that I want to do simultaneously!

YUJEONG) I want to have a superpower of time leaping. It's because I'm curious about what will happen to LIGHTSUM in the future and I want to go back to the past and correct my mistakes too.

HUIYEON) Teleportation! In order to reduce travel time in the midst of our busy schedules and increase our time of gaining physical strength!

JIAN) I wish I had the superpower to read people's minds. If someone feels sad, I want to comfort that person and if someone has any concerns, I can help that person solve them.

What was the hardest thing as a trainee and how does it feel now that you've debuted ?

SANGAH) Ever since I first joined CUBE, I had to practice with the members who have joined before I did, so catching up on their skills was the most difficult part. It's my first time experiencing everything since my debut, so I'm trying to adjust one by one!

CHOWON) It was hard that my future was uncertain as a trainee, and I don't feel much different since I just debuted, but I'm trying to do my best every moment because it's one of the biggest changes in my life.

NAYOUNG) Whenever I felt that I haven't improved in terms of skills, it was hard to raise my self-esteem up. I still can't believe I’ve made my debut, but I'm happy that I made my dream come true. I'm so excited for our future.

HINA) Since I'm a foreigner, I think I found the cultural difference and language barrier difficult. But I think I got used to it a lot now! Since I debuted in Korea, I hope I can help LIGHTSUM as the only foreigner in the team.

JUHYEON) The hardest time as a trainee was when the debut plan fell through. Because I was a trainee for a long time, there were some moments like that, and I was worried about when I could make my debut. After all those times, I'm so happy and thankful to be able to debut as LIGHTSUM and perform on stage. I can't wait to show you more things!

YUJEONG) We had monthly evaluations, but it was hard to improve my skills within a month. I'm so happy to make my debut after overcoming all those struggles.

HUIYEON) It was fun and happy to dance, sing and learn a lot of things, but sometimes it was a little difficult because it didn't go as I wanted.

JIAN) Finding my own style was the most difficult part. I'm proud that I achieved my goal by debuting as LIGHTSUM. There are still many goals I want to achieve, so I will try harder to achieve them.

is there anything you want to say to your international fans?

SANGAH) We are all going through hard times these days but let’s get through it together! We LIGHTSUM will try our best to cheer you up. Please continue supporting us!

CHOWON) Thank you so much for loving and supporting us from afar. Although we can't meet each other now, I hope we all stay healthy for the day we will meet. Let’s walk along together forever. I love you.

NAYOUNG) I feel sad that I can't meet you guys because of the pandemic. We will be preparing for the day we’ll meet after the pandemic ends!

HINA) If it wasn't for COVID-19, we could have had a chance to meet our international fans :( I feel sad that we are not able to meet each other. Please wait a little longer! I hope we can meet soon!!

JUHYEON) Even though it's hard to meet in person due to the pandemic, thank you so much for your love from far away! If the pandemic ends, I hope to meet you guys in person to talk and have concerts too!! Stay safe until then! I love you!

YUJEONG) Although we can’t meet due to the pandemic, thank you for supporting us from afar. With all your support, we will work harder! Hope to see you soon!

HUIYEON) I’m encouraged with all your support and love from overseas. We can’t wait to meet you! Hope to see you soon. Stay safe and healthy!

JIAN) Unfortunately we can't meet in person because of the pandemic, but we really want to go abroad and show you our performances. Thank you so much for supporting us from afar.

When did you realize that you wanted to be an idol?😊

SANGAH) When I was fifteen I started thinking about my future career, and dancing on stage was my favorite thing to do then. Since then, I chose to become an idol.

CHOWON) There were times when people would say “you will become a great vocalist” and from the time I heard those compliments, I gradually decided to become an idol.

NAYOUNG) When I joined PRODUCE48 and performed on stage, I realized that I felt the joy of being on stage, and that made me sincerely wish to become an idol.

HINA) When I was in my first year of middle school, I started having this dream after seeing TWICE. As I saw TWICE shining bright on stage, I also wanted to be like them.

JUHYEON) Actually, I started my trainee life when I was 11 because I loved to dance. After taking many classes and lessons, I thought that I wanted to be an idol who is respected by others like the seniors that I looked up to since I was young.

YUJEONG) Since I was young, I was interested in becoming an idol and I also loved singing and dancing on stage. Since then, I started to hope to become an idol.

HUIYEON) I realized after going to the concerts of great artists like Troye Sivan, The Chainsmokers, Zedd and BTS. Seeing their concerts made me think that I want to make people happy by performing on stage and that I want to become someone who shines bright on the stage.

JIAN) Before becoming a trainee of CUBE, I was a trainee from another company. As my experiences as a trainee were precious and I also became more sincere, I naturally started dreaming of debuting.

• What is one message you would give to your fans?

SANGAH) Like our team name, we want to bring a positive message along with a message of growth. Also, we want to deliver various messages that people can relate to.

CHOWON) I feel sad that we can’t meet due to the pandemic and I hope we can meet soon. Stay safe and healthy. Thank you for always supporting us. Let’s walk together as always. I love you.

NAYOUNG) Thank you for waiting for such a long time. I did my best in practicing to become better, so please look forward to my future activities! Let’s keep walking together!

HINA) Thank you for sending lots of love. I will try my best to show great performances. Please look forward to it!

JUHYEON) Before my debut, which came after 7 years of practice, I was worried that I might get too tired. However, in light of my worries, I'm excited every time I perform on stage and seeing our fans supporting us gives me a lot of strength. Thank you so much for your support and love. I'll work harder to give back all your love.

YUJEONG) It's only been a month since we debuted. There are so many charms that we haven't shown to our fans yet. We want to show them to you more and more from now on. We will try our best to improve as we continue promoting as LIGHTSUM. Let's stay together forever!

HUIYEON) Everyone! Don't be afraid to try anything. Come to think of it, this Earth we live on is a very small planet in the universe! We can do anything!

JIAN) Even though it's just the beginning, I want to say thank you for always supporting us, watching us on stage, and saying good things to us.

Hello Lightsum! Congratulations on your debut! I just want to say that I am so proud of you.

I want to ask you what are your unforgettable experiences as trainees?

SANGAH) It’s hard to pick only one unforgettable experience, but I would say the monthly evaluation days. Since it’s a moment when we show what we’ve prepared for a month and get evaluated, it’s the most memorable experience.

CHOWON) I remember the day when the eight of us practiced for 12 hours and went home after the sun was already up.

NAYOUNG) The day when the debuting members were announced is unforgettable. I also remember the day when we first learned our debut song.

HINA) The most unforgettable day was when we practiced for our debut until 5am (until the sun was up). It was really tiring but it became a good memory because we were able to show the Vanilla that people like and it feels like our hard work paid off.

JUHYEON) We had weekly and monthly evaluations when we were trainees. I enjoyed coming up with ideas and planning new performances. I remember the stage which we practiced all night to show synchronized choreography and the stage where I played guitar with my self-written song.

YUJEONG) I remember the evaluation day of the debut team. I had been doing the evaluations for a long time but every time I prepared for it, I doubted if I could join the debut team. With anxiousness, I tried my best every time.

HUIYEON) The day when we went home at 5am after practicing for more than 12 hours, the day when we saw the snow through the window with lights off, and the first day of our choreography evaluation!

JIAN) I remember the day when we saw the snow falling through the window and making a snowman with snow piled up on the window gap during winter.

Which senior girl groups do you look up to most?

SANGAH) Personally, I look up to BLACKPINK. I think it’s so cool that each of the members has distinct charms and dominates the stage with charisma.

CHOWON) TAEYEON and BLACKPINK.

NAYOUNG) SNSD and (G)I-DLE.

HINA) SANA of TWICE

JUHYEON) As a team I look up to OH MY GIRL, and as an individual SOYEON of (G)I-DLE.

Seeing OH MY GIRL enjoying the stage and showing good chemistry with the members made me think that we LIGHTSUM could be a team just like them, and I think it’s so cool that SOYEON always expresses her own color with confidence.

YUJEONG) SNSD

HUIYEON) I look up to OH MY GIRL because I want to resemble the way they enjoy the stage and the good teamwork they have.

JIAN) I look up to JENNIE of BLACKPINK. She is my role model too.