Posts by bbgc

at least this is going to be the last of Lee Jieun as a major singer. She might still release an album every 2-3 years, but by that time her stranglehold on Korean Pop would have lessened significantly.

You keep hoping, she keeps disproving.

But yes, it is typical for music careers to slow done with age and now with her ear problem yet not healed.. she may slow down. She has already said she wants to slow down in her 30s.

As to the "stranglehold", will it loosen if her music has longer pauses?

Not necessarily, if she remains in public eye, in other ways, acting, hosting etc.

We will have to see.

In any case, she has set enough records and made enough impact in S. Korea, that won't be overtaken in the near future.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Most regulars are back.

But Song Hye Kyo is missing, schedule?

Sejeong went to the US

I had to go find it:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Did you like it?

A fantastic piece of editing by some fan?

It is hilarious whenever the Taeyeon's OST track from Moon Lovers:Scarlet Heart plays..

I don't think she will ever step away from music entirely. Perhaps that's how she is different from most other idols, who merely use music as a door to a celebrity life.

So once they pivot into acting or Instagram modelling, they give up on music to a great extent.

Those into music, even after disbanding, hiatus, between comebacks, keep doing musical theater or at least regularly covering different songs etc.

Still she can take a different direction with music, other than performing live/touring etc.

Recording shouldn't be that painful as live performance - it is a lot of bits and pieces, mixed and put together.

Music hosting, she really can replace YHY with Pallette, if she chooses to. Her friends - Yoo Inna, Eunji, Hanna, Kim Eana all have done stints on radio.

Of course, as producer/composer for other artists. That's the new challenge, can a superstar player, also a be a coach for superstars?

That's a new frontier.

But more song production, than running idol groups.

We will know soon enough.

She has managed to reinvent herself and has a wise head on her shoulders.

And of course, life is not only work. It is relationships and family too.

May the gods who have blessed her in arts, spread the blessing in those spheres as well.

She definitely did .. not just in her singing efforts, but the concert itself seems to have been a different level.. fireworks, laser lights, even drone show was fine.. but the balloon.. That was awesome

Everytime she does anything, it seems like the swansong.. the final climax of something great and then she retires/walks off into the sunset..

But then she just comebacks with something even better.

So hope she heals her ear problem and then returns to amaze again.

When the concert was announced i thought it seemed to be too soon. Considering its just not these two days but at least a whole month spending every day rehearsing and singing and all the other stress going with it i cant say this comes as a surprise.

Tbh i hope she takes a complete break from anything to do with music for the next 1-2 years.

Yes, I think she will and she should.

This concert itself- was meant to be earlier, but pandemic caused the delay.

And it seems she wanted to achieve this for herself.

She can focus more on acting, hosting etc., but I think she maybe should try producing/song writing for others too.

Oh and genuine question, will she be added in Yg new gg as being in the permanent group is what she want before or she will continue with how yg promoting her now? I just feel like she is better in a group than solo even though all her solo is bop but maybe it's just me

I don't think so.

It is extremely rare for that to happen. Has it even happened before.

And she has a viable brand which even if not by music, makes good money by CFs etc. So it would be diluting and risking that

They may try the temporary project group route and then if it succeeds, play it by the ear.

Or like how Youngji was a temporary member of KARD..

If at all Somi wants a group, she should hit up Sejeong and Chungha.. all would have far more say in their careers and can do a group at least as a part of their activities.

3OI..

That could be very beneficial to their individual careers also.

Fireworks are common..

Drones.. will become more and more common.

Lightstick coordinated to seats for display, an expected technology

But all put together and then the Hot Air Balloon inside the Stadium.. she did take it to a different level.

Free cushions, sponsor gifts.. and the concert tickets itself not as costly as other Kpop agencies demand for the top groups.

And of course it is "IU", to whose concerts even top idols grabble for seats..

It is understandable that it sounds like a discount deal but for a VIP package to a Disney event. Lucky are those who got to experience it.

Whoever planned this " spectacle" .. hit it out of the park..

Seriously, your essays are too deep for me :pepe-sad:

Basically the theme is "Somebody should defeat IU in Korea, otherwise Kpop's attempts to conquer the world, is futile"

It might sound like a shade against IU, but also constantly highlighting her dominance.

This sort of passive-aggressive/blame-boast narrative given with historical analogies, is what makes Whyknock interesting.

"Interesting" but not necessarily "correct"

Is there a list of kpop acts that came to pay her tribute?

Per Twitter so far

Itzy of course guested

Yoo Inna

Kim Soo Hyun

BTS Jungkook

Twice Jeongyeon

Seulong

TXT Beomgyu

TXT Soobin

Viviz Umji

Kara Kang Ji Young

Golden Child Joochan

Rothy

Secret Number Minji

Kim Min Seok (My Mister),

Anupam Tripathi (Squid Game) and

Park Juhyun (Seoul Vibe)

If it seems tame compared to her previous attendance, then it is possible that the VIPs didn't get the tickets.

Anyway we will see who turns up tomorrow.

Lee joongi, Jiyeon are regulars yet to come, if they are available.. Sejeong has gone to US, I think.

I'm happy for this news, cause that means ITZY has sincere bond with IU. :claps::lovec::cheer-bunny: Also IU is so humble. For including other singers in her concert. :lovec:

Guesting is very common in concerts.

IU herself has had Twice, Mamamoo, Chungha, Psy, Gfriend, G.o.d as guests in her concerts in the past..

Maybe groups don't get much guesting.. But it is a regular practice.

Of course, it is generous of singers to have others perform in their stages.. and IU is.

Glad for Itzy.

45k singing along to Sneakers 8| .

I read that Itzy had other schedules for the day when IU first invited them. You can bet your ass that JYP cleared their schedules in two seconds to make time for IU's concert lol. It's the best GP exposure you can have in Korea.

Wait for WhyKnock 's theory on why Itzy was invited, and not IVE,Aespa, NJ or others.

It will be as thrilling as why Putin met Xi or something