Posts by jrrrrr

Congrats g-idle!

also fmr just passed their 24 hour ULs without any mushow promos (which im still a bit hasty on whether they actually do much in the name of promotion and getting ppl to listen to ur songs), so i think it might reach top 3 daily

FMR's 24 hour ULs have now surpassed msgwannabe and Taeyeon so should be #3 on melon daily tomorrow! I think the performance video which is still trending #1 in SK helped because ULs were stagnant prior to last night, so hopefully music show promos do end up helping as well

The public is so fickle with sm GG's, above what happen with irene this new song is just very underwhelming imo so the high reaction was most likely due to the Haitus and it couldn't keep

Idk for how long they will promote but they better start going to variety soon bc ty rise within the week after she drop so it doesn't seem to be following that pattern

Doesn't look like any more variety show appearances have been announced, but their weekend music show appearances actually seem to have worked somewhat for RV? Has steadily climbed on melon 24h since the weekend from 12th to 8th (and their music bank and music core videos have been trending in SK). But would be surprised if they can catch The Kid Laroi/JB, and brave girls release coming also. Wonder if the increased attention on RV today from Joy's dating news will have any impact

He sung the first Hospital Playlist OST this year and his other song, Traffic Light, has benefitted from it lol. It makes no sense, but it happened.

Yeah it's fascinating? He placed third on Sing Again from memory, so there was a bit of general public interest when he released Traffic Light back in May but it didn't make much of a dent in the charts at the time ... now it's charting so high now (and higher than his HP OST that piqued interest in Traffic Light). I saw that it topped the gaon karaoke chart too

I also live in Sydney and yes the vaccine rollout is suboptimal, but we can't really compare Australia's "spike" of ~40 cases per day to SK's >1200 (or the rest of the world)? Australian cities are doing lockdowns to aim zero community transmission, which other countries can't even dream of - my European friends were incredulous about Brisbane and Perth going into lockdown when their rates were 2-3 cases per day (not saying I disagree with this approach).

The downside is that because we have never experienced the full force of the pandemic, a large portion of the population isn't taking it seriously - people are still having their house gatherings despite lockdown, some who qualify for vaccines are not getting them (the negative messaging around AZ here hasn't helped obviously, but it's not just for AZ - there are young people who qualify for pfizer as phase 1a or 1b declining vaccines), and those who do want to be vaccinated either don't qualify yet or are facing long waiting times :/

Actually the ratings for HP 1st season rose consistently throughout its run, starting in single digits and climbing to the mid-teens. Obviously 2nd season comes with hype so may start with greater viewership, but can't predict if ratings will rise or tumble. 1st OST released from 1st season was Lonely Night which did not chart well at all, whereas Jeon Mido's OST, which is the 2nd best performing OST from 1st season, was released near the end of the drama's run (I think 2nd to last). Joy's and Jo Jungseok's OSTs were released 2nd and 3rd.

But yes, this season's OSTs are definitely not performing anywhere near as well - in May 2020, there were 5 HP OSTs occupying Melon Daily top 10 (I know we can't compare pre and post-reform but ULs for Jo Jungseok and Jeon Mido were >600,000 and had longevity in/near the top, and it's not like these OSTs would have had fandom streaming). Whereas with this season's releases, seem to have boosted Lee Mujin's older solo release Traffic Light more than anything lol.

That being said, can't rule out future OSTs doing well, which may boost the older ones - eg Joy's OST was released in March, didn't start climbing until Jo Jungseok's released, even then climbed very slowly and didn't reach top 10 until May when Jo Jungseok was reaching the top and drama was reaching peak popularity.