Posts by onwards

Aren't they suing to have their contracts terminated? Well, these are some of the reasons they want out - physical and mental health issues. Now why they didn't provide this earlier, because perhaps the injunction wouldn't have gotten denied with more evidence, that I can't say.

People are saying these aren't medical diagnosis reports, just opinion notes, so the court won't accept them. Since some members had surgery there must be official medical documents lying around somewhere that the courts did see.

Also one member has now withdrawn her claim, gotten a new legal rep and asked to go back to Attrakt so who knows whats going on.

I don't think so I think they might have more solo activities they might have 2 contracts ( one for solo work) at least it's a speculation I've seen and makes sense to me. also jnk1 might happen soon have you not seen blinks hyping it? to be honest I'm not worried but the same articles being recycled it's getting annoying

Rule 1 when dealing with a group under YG - never believe the teasers, spoilers or promises until the album is on spotify and you have your tour ticket. She may think its coming soon, but never forget the volume of scrapped albums and MV's in the dungeon.

Honestly YG may not have a choice, even if they manage to keep Rose for her solo work, that doesn't mean they'll get to keep the group name or make the members keep promoting under it. Especially since the members are rich enough that if YG gets in the way of them doing group work elsewhere Rose can pay that penalty fee. Why do you think Mamamoo's renewal talks went the way they did? Hwasa barely renewed for a year and even Wheein's addendum contract for group work was only for an extra year. Second round, if your big enough and your company is reliant on you enough, you do what you want.

Thing is doesn't Nayeon have a younger sister? Some of that maintenance money must have been going to her as well. Interesting that he aimed at the Nayeon and her mom only - likely because thats where the money was. If anyone is to give that money back its the mom, you can't go after a minor for debts.

Also I wonder how long he was with the mom, was he with her before this supposed loan started? or did they get together just as he started supporting her? Also how does her bio-father fit into this? Was he paying child support?

Edit also - I see it was spent on rent...so whose rent? If he was living with them is he asking for her to pay him back for rent he was already paying? or did they live separately? she joined JYP in 2010, at that point she accumulated her own trainee debt, so whose rent was he paying if not his own?

Literally pictures of Minnie, Jihyo, Mina and Lisa hanging out were posted, and you still have people out here having whole wars about who's charting higher and stream numbers... Meanwhile the idols themselves are hanging out together drinking Boba and watching Tiktok memes. It's weirdo and chronically online behavior lmao.

If I spent my time hating on a celebrity on the internet instead of doing something productive, and my friends found out about it, I'd get cooked. :skull:

I actually wonder if and how many idol friendships got ruined thanks to fans being like this. It must be mega awks to see your fans bombarding your friends page with hate and your company telling you to ignore it.

Ideally it should be the company's debt and not the artist's debt but what better can we expect from k-pop companies

I mean its similar to the west. Artists get an 'advance' to make their album, the amount of advance is based on how much the company thinks they can sell. If they don't make back the advance money on release the masters belong to the company and they work until they pay it back. Kpop companies just give them a better chance at success with vocal lessons etc and make sure they aren't homeless whilst working. Still insane but its not like the west is any better.

But what midtier groups have paid their debts? oh my girl, dc, mamamoo probably.

i wonder how gfriend, momoland, aoa, exid, april, laboum or lovelyz did.

Momoland deffo did, but I think it was likely around 2020. I remember something about one of the members dating a nugu idol member and him living at her place and yeonwoo mentioned she still hadn't gotten paid in 2019 but later on Jooe bought her mom a car.

EXID got paid 3 years post debut (LE basically did their music and Hani is Hani).

April is a definite no and lovelyz and laboum could be either way but judging from the fact that the company disbanded them/indefinite hiatus, its likely they barely broke even.

Neither does the CEO. He already sold his personal belongings + in debt. So whoever give up last will get the last laugh? Or might Not even because

1) if 5050 win, their stardom is doomed anyway

2) if CEO win, can the 5050 girls pay the termination fees? If they cant, they could just file bankruptcy and the ATTRAKT wouldnt even survive, dont even need to worry about new group or FF2.0

TBF the courts suspended payments due to the confusion over who should get paid what. When thats all sorted out I expect ATTRAKT is going to be in the money and so are the members (though both likely with big IOU's from the Givers).

So 99 to 1 the moment the courts award them money ATTRAKT launches breach of contract claim (seems to be what he is setting up for by dropping articles every 5 minutes begging them to come back, he doesn't want them back he just wants everyone to be behind him when he makes a claim for breach of contract and takes bankrupts them and their parents). In that situation its not surprising they'd want to win this suite and escape breach claims.

nah it's mediaplay by sm since they were getting bad articles of multiple artists leaving, they just clarified that seulgi did renew but not recently (they renewed in 2021)

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So SM is drip feeding old news because they are scared of all the bad news affecting their stock prices and scaring away idols and trainees? Love to see it

there is hope

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Considering he is was dumb enough to pull out of the EU's disinformation laws only to have to u-turn when he realised the EU wasn't going to back down, I'd say we will be seeing a u-turn pretty soonish....but then again this is Musk.....

I'm honestly shocked she smashed several Twice sales and Nayeons week in half a day.

I thought being sandwiched in between the tour she would sell maybe 270k to 300k first week total.

Thats kinda the reason why tho. Tour dates are all sold out and have been for months, last date was early July and they were advertising Hyolo throughout their biggest concert dates. Last thing we were able to spend money on was the RTB album which dropped March. Japanese albums are notoriously hard to buy outside Japan (so no Misamo) and the next concerts are in September and again, all sold out. Most fans have had a 5-6 paychecks with nothing 'Twice' to buy and they gave her digipacks.

Mother. I can't believe she will beat INY total sales in just 1 week. The digipacks surely helped a lot. I am happy because she probably won't chart as high as Nayeon on Melon and Spotify but at least her sales are good.

She is on 224k for the full version and 106k for the digi pack.

The digipacks deffo helped but the fandom also grew alot since Nayeons solo. Remember since then they've renewed, dropped 2 CB's, promoted alot on US TV including the good morning america concert last month, got a billboard award, had concerts in australia, sold out and performed in Sofi and metlife with confirmed and sold out dates across europe. Fanbase has grown massively with all the extra attention on them worldwide and fans are more invested because the chances of seeing them live has increased so they are more likely to buy albums.

Nayeon did 123k first day and 252k first week. She debuted between FOL (300k first week) and Between 1&2 (500k first week). So if the pattern holds true, Jihyo's first week is going to be near 500-600k considering RTB had 650k first week.

Song sounds so repetitive, and its not engaging enough to make me forgive that, and coming from someone who loves supershy. I feel like if they vocals were louder it would help some...but not by much.

Appreciate that its 4 minutes but they had the exact same verse and chorus for the last 2 minutes, thats not what we meant when we said stop making 2 minute songs.

Clearly too much money spent on the MV and not enough on the song.

they only had 13 shows in 2018 until coachella ( only time they were actually active) well I can count all new jeans performances they will have more in their first year than bp had in 2016/17 lol be serious blackpink were even made fun for not having much activities and being in the dungeon

I feel like I'm screaming into the void.

Coachella was April 12 and 19, 2019. They did 8 concerts in 2018 for the Arena tour (July to August 2018 and another in December 2018). The IYA tour started November 2018 and they did 13 dates until April 12th 2019. Thats 21 concerts seperate from all their other performances in 2018. How do you not know how many tours BP has been on or when Coachella is?

How does newjeans having more events in their first year than BP in their first year even matter? It just sounds like your trying to claim BP had less events overall and when you couldn't show that your now trying to twist timescales to match and try and prove what? that BP with a more erratic CB schedule are somehow better because they didn't have to consistently work to improve meanwhile earlier you were saying how hard they worked to improve during 2017 but whatever. Pick a narrative, either BP were working hard to improve during the breaks YG gave them or they were at home watching netflix because they can't work on improving unless they have a big stage. Either one you pick your still showing yourself up as thinking BP's performance is worse than Newjeans, why else are you going so hard for the 'my fave had less experience' angle?

new jeans did festivals as well. Blackpink only starting touring at the end of 2018 5 months ( 13 shows) is not much though (only during that time they were actually active) but blackpink 2017 wassn't active except for a few festivals no promo or album release and even in 2016 only had like 6 performances on music shows 1 festival SBS Gayo Daejeon adn melon asian awards awards if you ask me I don't find these comparisons unfair if we were talking about a group that continuously promotes ( let's say IOI Izone, Ive. twice) then yeah maybe but that's not blackpink

I can see this is the hill your going to die on, I don't know how you think a whole tour and a half is not much experience, especially considering the only time they didn't have multiple concerts in that 5 month lead up is for December when they flew back to Korea and I even excluded the Arena tour (8 dates) in Japan because they took a 2 month break but fine.

You win, a 2.8 year old BP who had by then performed in front of almost 250,000 at their 21 solo concerts before coachella had as little experience as a 1.2 year old newjeans with their 1 6k capacity fan meeting.