Posts by samtanvan

Thank you so much for this explanation. I'll admit that I couldn't really see what could go wrong with this story until the end with this:

After looking Chun Young Cho up and seeing how extraordinary her life is, I can see where the concern lies. I hope that the showrunners will take care to make sure that their Young Cho is a young woman that lives up to her namesake.

Extra: young cho survived and her husband was killed. She is still alive but due to an accident she lost her eyesight and 70% of her brain capacity, she’s been receiving life long treatment

I’m tired of this bullshit

First, it was Yuna hates yeji ,now chaeryeong isn’t close to Yeji like most of you don’t even watch itzy and have the audacity to question their friendship dynamics. Itzy is doing fine and they are literally very supportive to chaeryeong, there’s no day they don’t praise her for visuals, skills etc. So I will skip the fake concern

4C051719-4428-4C98-9824-F6679FA189B9.jpeg

Also BLM is slightly more recent. As in, it's ongoing. I get what they're trying to say, however the Civil Rights Movement, or maye issues of the 90s and 80s is a hell of a lot more accurate to their feelings than something that is still a movement.

I get what you’re saying, and I don’t know why people are brining up BLM. But technically, our issue with democracy isn’t concrete. The korean war never actually ended...it’s technically still an ongoing war. SK/NK pledged to sign a treaty in 2018 to officially end the war but nothing has happened since.

That’s why Koreans care so much about American elections...they don’t want a president that’s gonna screw us over and piss NK off so they can airstrike us (they threaten us ALOT). People haven’t really “healed” yet cuz we have NK threatening us still and we have things like mandatory military service

At this rate they should just write “NO THERE IS NO SPY FROM NORTH KOREA WHATSOEVER” because that’s essentially what koreans are looking for. I mean if that’s true then they haven’t spoiled anything, right?

On the one hand, I feel like it's kind of ridiculous to be upset about a fictional TV show. Just because something is written as satire or comedy and set during a serious time, doesn't mean it's automatically bad or trying to brush off or mock that history. I mean you can write a serious story during those times and still be extremely disrespectful toward it or push a false agenda.

But on the other hand, there are a ton of people who think The Crown is a documentary about the British monarchy so.... I get it.

The reason people are mad with the SUPPOSED plot is not because it’s satire (some are bur that’s not the initial reason), the “leaked” plot has the main character (hae-in) as a NK spy pretending to be an activist. That’s the issue, when our rights were being taken away by the government and people were protesting, especially students. The NIS would take students and torture/kill them and they would try to justify it by saying they were NK spies, which was all right-wing anti-democracy propaganda to justify killing of students protesting for their rights. There were no spies, that’s the issue. This plot has an NK spy acting like an activist which pushes anti-democracy propaganda during the protest.

That’s why people don’t want anything about the NK spy character because it’s right-wing propaganda. JTBC didn’t clarify anything and really just said it’s a “black comedy” which didn’t help the situation

That’s correct, but if what people are saying is true then it will blowup.

I didn't say that honey but the fact is blackpick is global act at the end of the day and will be fine cause korea never been the backbone for blackpink

Bruh why would you even want to think about that? They’re korean at the end of the day and even Lisa refers to Korea as “our” country. I don’t understand people who are like “it doesn’t matter if they lose korea because they have the rest of the world”, what kind of mindset is that? You really think the girls would want to lose Korea? It’s their mfing country... You think they wanna be labelled as people who don’t care for their country or are willing to distort the history for money? If JTBC/YG don’t fix this issue, then that’s how all actors/actresses that don’t pull out will be treated by koreans, maybe not Blackpink as whole but it would taint their image. This ain’t a light matter.

Why are fans making this seem like a simple matter.

Noona neomu yeppeo~~Micheo~~Replay Replay Replay

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:pepelove1::pepe-sad:

That's the controversy that JTBC denied yet people still pushed.

They didn’t directly deny it, they just mentioned that it was a melodrama. Public wanted a clear “no there is no NK spies/NIS involved” but they didn’t give that. That’s why one of their sponsors already pulled out because they didn’t deny what the public wanted them to deny.

They’re pushing far right agenda to justify murder of protesters, whether they meant it or not. Making a historical drama is perfectly fine as long as you respect it but pushing anti-democracy far-right views to kill people? Because they’re exercising their democratic rights? Then you deserve the backlash.