Posts by multiifann

Sullyoon fits the Korean beauty standards to a tee. It's crazy that a lot of people have been saying she isn't living up the visual hype. Girlie is trending constantly and has the highest views on fancams. Plus, I've never gotten the hype with the small head/face trend but when I saw sullyoon I literally was in awe with how small her face is. I get it now. To me she's one of the prettiest idols in this generation.

I find this a little bit creepy. I know many probably won't, but I do think once you're out of high school your mentally changes a lot. I would never date someone in high school even though I'm barely out of it. I've always had issues even within school seeing kids from different grades date each other. It always seems predator like to me. The freshman to senior relationships all the way down to high schoolers dating middle schoolers. To each their own, I guess.

wait wtf even happened :pepewash:

A old clip of Somi resurfaced on weibo of Somi saying Hong Kong was a beautiful country. She had already apologized back then for it. She trended #1 on weibo a few days ago for it. C-nets went crazy and started cutting up pictures of Somi that they owned. They also are now calling her a monogynist and stupid. I linked one of the videos on bilibili. They are also saying that she's canceled and that "she's over". Plus the hate they are sending over to her insta and other sites. Really sad shit. Lets hope she's doing okay.

Clearly a targeted attack considering that she just misspoke when she was 16-17 in 2017, and apologized shortly after, and now they are bringing it back up because... why? I imagine she wasn't aware of the political complexities of the Hong Kong situation as a teen idol.

I'm not too worried about Somi's mental health though. She is one of the most mentally resilient idols, probably because of her supportive family. It might hurt her album sales. Maybe she can turn the publicity around in her favor with time, considering how deranged the c-fans who are doing this look.

This really did feel targeted. It came out of nowhere and she was getting highly praised in the kpop community over there. I've seen some people say on twitter that it came from other fans of different girl groups.... I really hope that wasn't the case but who else would pull up an old clip of Somi to make drama. It makes sense. This is the gross part of kpop. Deranged fans. Only thing is that this isn't too uncommon for cnetz to go on huge hate sprees against anyone they think is somehow pro-independence of other countries. Look at example #1 Tzuyu.

I do think that Somi is mentally strong. It's just that even the strongest people have moments of weakness. Shes a human being after all. Thankfully she does have a really tight family which will help her push through it. I just want Somi to succeed. I've been rooting for her since 2016. I think this is why I'm so upset for her because I genuinely think she's one of the hardest working and genuine artist out there. Sorry for the long rant.

Oooh nice. Most of the groups you mentioned are quite popular here and some even have guilds with subforums so you should find plenty of people to chat with. Personally, i only consider myself a real stan of a few groups (Monsta X, EXO, GOT7), but I listen to tons of different groups both bgs and ggs and love kpop in general. Anyway, check out the guilds and artist threads too :)

Thank you! Definitely will check them out. Still getting used to akp and somewhat confused but I'm getting there. Really happy that my first interactions have been positive.

I could see that actually and that feeling probably underlies a lot of fan behavior when they put their faves up on a high pedestal. That love quickly turns the moment the idol tumbles off for the slightest infraction.

And welcome to akp! :)

Exactly. The so-called love turns to hate quickly.

Also thank you!! Excited to interact more and have discussions. :)

Right? Like how is it going to hurt her to cut up pics they already bought? Do they get some weird satisfaction out of doing it? It's such strange behavior. Just stop listening to her if you don't like her anymore. Why all the drama?

THIS. To me I get the vibe that they do get something out of it. They are cutting her face up to pieces while saying the most vile things. Its screams envy that's been masked under the veil of them being a fan. Perhaps its makes them feel good to cut up her "pretty" to almost perfect face. They were just praising her for being perfect right before in their own words. I might be looking into it to deep but those videos give me disturbing vibes. Almost sadistic.

Somi has a lot of international fans. I don't think somi's fans are predominantly Chinese maybe a minority, so it doesn't really affect her.

I dont think it will hugely change her views on yt or anything but possibly future album sales. Also, more than anything this could affect her mental health. They are harassing her on insta and other places. Cancelations are never easy for anyone to go through. Especially at this scale. I didn't think she was that big in China but she was trending #1 for a bit. That part scares me. This is bringing other people who didn't even know her to join the hate train. I just hope she stays off the internet for a while.

I feel bad for any idols or groups that depend on Chinese fans. You have to sell your soul to China

Yes, it incredibly sad to see what happens when they even think you are saying anything relating to politics. Just a few days ago they were praising her for being perfect and now they are calling her stupid and washed up. Scary how fast they switch up.

Somi is getting massive hate on weibo and bilbili. A lot of her fans and other gg fans are cutting up pics of her and other stuff relating to her. SERIOUSLY DERANGED. All of this happened with her commenting something about Hong Kong being a beautiful country. Also, they are saying she's misogynistic and a lot of other shit. I feel so bad for her. How do you think this will pan out? Will they move on, or will this continue to be a massive hate train on her? This is probably one of the worst things for an idol to go through. Surprised also that nobody is talking about it.

proof: https://www.bilibili.com/video…8&spm_id_from=333.337.0.0

Just search her name in bilibili.