Posts by pravda

All Japanese promotions are not done by JYP but by their reps in Japan. That's Warner Music for Twice and Sony for NiziU. I don't think JYP really care if Twice or NiziU is bigger. They just want ALL the groups to do good in Japan as they make more sales and money. The fact NiziU became so big was not expected as any fan who watched from the very beginning can testify. So the fact they have done better than Twice (recently) is not a planned action of JYP.

The thing with Sony is that they are doing a phenomenal job of promoting them while Warner is just meh. One reason for that is NiziU can actually travel to Japan easily as they are all Japanese citizens. (not sure of Nina though). So far none of the KPOP groups have been able to do that. Twice/BTS/Seventeen/Treasure etc.. just did video call promotions and did more or less the same level if promotions as well.

To be honest yes they should have a shot at it. But convinced they won't get it and not even nominated. In 2019 ITZY should have been nominated as they had incredible digitals from Dalla Dalla. I don't think they would have won but they weren't even nominated. I think it will happen again. I don't think they will even nominate Aespa and instead give them the rookie awards. I think they are heavily in the lead as rookie award winners will be confined to that category only so that a rookie can't get a double award in the rookie and senior awards. It's unfortunately been this way since 2018.

I think the female group/songs of the year nominations will be ITZY, Twice, OMG, Brave Girls, Mamamoo, and "maybe" IZ*ONE as of now.

Can someone explain how it works? I read that idols like johnny, Mark and tbz members don't have to enlist, and it's basically only Vernon and a few others?

Sure. Some idols you mention are actual citizens of a country other than Korea. They just work in Korea with a work visa. Work Visa's are temporary permits that allow the individual to make money, live, and anything else they want to do in Korea more or less. They are almost but not legally citizens of Korea. Those people since they are not citizens of Korea do not have to register with the military and are ineligible from serving.

Other case may be citizens of Korea but have never resided in Korea but lived their lives outside of the country. They were born in Korea so they are technically Korean citizens but shortly after that they moved to say Great Brittan. They don't really travel outside of GB so they have no passport or anything and are just residence holders in GB. Those also are not to be drafted even though they are citizens. They are not forced to go to Korea and join the military.

Similarly if you are a Korean citizen but have a passport from another country (say refugee status) and not one from Korea then you are exempt from military service in SK (until) you reside for 3 years inside Korea. If you stay longer than 3 years you are then required to join the military.

Say you have a dual citizenship of GB and Korea for whatever reason and have two passports for whatever reason. In that case because you have a passport from Korea you will be drafted UNLESS you renounce your Korean Citizenship and retain only your GB one. This actually happened and the person was blacklisted from the country. I don't think that would happen though if you primarily reside outside of Korea but in the case in question he didn't but was always living in SK and not GB but fled to GB with his UK passport.

These are the area's they are trying to clear up. Most of these scenarios are VERY rare which is why it is taking so long to clear up.

Ah, you meant netto worth. Gotcha.

But still it's a nice sum. But divided between members and agencies meh :(

That's one part of K-pop that I don't like.

Actually less than you think. If you remember back to when Mnet and CJE&M finally admitted to the scandal they said that they would divert their profits to all those who were affected by the scandals. In other words they had to divide their profits much more than normal. Thus they weren't making nearly as much money as most people think. If the group disbands and a new group is formed they don't need to pay those other agencies and individuals anything anymore.

I'm not sure if I believe this though but it may be why CJE&M didn't really push too hard to have IZ*ONE continue as it wasn't really that big of a cash cow for them.

thinking of it. How does it work for people not living in Korea but spend 3 years or longer in Korea? Just wondering because I know at least 2 Korean JPop-idols who had to enlist in Korea even tho they grew up in Japan and all I know is they where born in Korea but have the Japanese citizenship

IDK the question might be dumb

Most countries have a rule that if you are born in their country regardless of your parents nationality you are a citizen of that country. Your birth certificate will state were you were born etc... For example Korean parents but born in Canada. You get Korean citizenship because of your parents and Canadian because of where you were born. You just tell Canada you want Canadian citizenship for your child and wham you got it. You tell Korea you want Korean citizenship for your child and poof. you got it. Many countries prohibit dual citizenship but if you don't tell them they don't know as it is too much bother normally for them to worry about. BUT if one of the countries then decide to put you in the military for whatever reason it becomes a problem. So child X as I'm calling the person born in Canada decides to enroll in the Canadian Army. They are a citizen of Canada so no big deal. Then after discharge they go to Korea and get drafted into the Korean military. THAT IS A BIG PROBLEM NOW. Military personnel on each side have access to classified material for their country and you now have a problem were you have a conflict of interest and a security risk inside the Canadian or Korean Military. Korea has an item were you "must" enlist not possibly enlist. So in this case this security hole will absolutely happen.

The problem I have with this announcement is it doesn't cover that scenario which can lead to BIG international incidences were that person "X" can effectively be tried for treason by both sides. I'm guessing though this is just the short statement and not the full real legal one and that they have a provision for this in their draft law that exempts others that have been members of other countries armed services.

Nope, I don't know much about Niziu.

How about this one that isnt in the video. Giselle from Aespa and Rima from NiziU went to the same International school in Tokyo at the same time (different grades). And since the school has less than 400 people total and is a pre K to 12 school there is a better than even chance that they knew about each other even if they weren't friends due to the age gap.

its the list of the youtube-charts website. You need to specificaly search for the one of Japan and than go trought the list of all mentioned artists on that side and look at the list that says how many streams all other countries gave and it even ranks the country by who streamed the most. You can sort the list by 7 days, 28 days, 2 months, 6 months, 9 months and 12 months

I only see the week by week. Are you talking about charts(.)youtube or a different chart altogether. I've looked the word Snow in both the song and artist category for instance on SK but I see nothing and they are near the very top. Can't find them in any weekly listing for the last two months.

Acording to an official list by Youtube

Streams by number in the past 28 days

1. Yorushika - 3.15 million
    2. Snow Man - 3.15 million
    3. Kenshi Yonezu - 2.99 million
    4. YOASOBI - 2.68 million
    5. Eve - 2.32 million
    6. Aimer - 1.58 million
    7. Zutomayo -1.41 million
    8. RADWIMPS - 1.4 million
    9. Official HIGE DANdism - 1.19 million
    10. Ado - 1.11 million
    11. Lisa - 1.09 million
    12. Aimyon - 852K
    13. Hoshino Gen - 814K
    14. NiziU - 724K
    15. DECO*27 - 643K
    16. Mrs. GREEN APPLE - 633K
    17. HoneyWorks - 662K
    18. SEKAI NO OAWARI - 565K
    19. back number - 552K
    20. Chinozo - 540K
    21. ONE OK ROCK - 500K
    22. BUMP OF CHICKEN - 449K
    23. AKB48 - 427K
    24. Yama - 384K
    25. ARASHI - 318K

WOW. Do you have a source for this? I mean it is just so strange to see Ado being more popular in Korea than LiSA.

I usually don't agree with you but unfortunately for Lightsum I kind of do here. I was hoping for something big with Juhyeon as she has the ability to be one of the absolute top dancers of 4G but. I feel Cube squandered the girls with a sub par music and song.

Because apparently police didnt charge the victim for telling lies and the victim basically win on this situation rn

Bad terminology. There is no Victim unless it has been proven. You have the accuser and you that the accused. A "accused" Lia indirectly of bullying and claiming that she is a victim of school bullying from Lia. JYP then sued A stating that A was trying to defame one of their artists by lying. The the accuser in the lawsuit is JYP and the accused is now in that defamation case person A. The police said that there is insufficient evidence to prove that person A was making up the story in order for them to defame Lia. That's it. The wording is a bit strange because they are saying that they can't prove it was done deliberately. From what I can tell this is a he said / she said case and no third party witnesses no timeline investigation etc... I think this is round one. After this will come timeline investigations by JYP. Did other people witness the alleged bullying, was there any messages stating that person A complained to another person at the time of the incidents that it was taking place etc...

From what I've heard around is that an article was written out of the blue accusing Lia of being a bully. The bullying in the form of not paying back the a person and cursing at them after refusing to pay it back. (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that).

ASAP while kinda cute didn't quite do it for me. Might be because I really liked So Bad.

MITM. Didn't like the beginning but after the first rap part I absolutely loved it. (picked)HWAA. Actually quite liked it but just wasn't my favorite above the others.

Next Level. Too western for me and the while I don't mind too much that half of it was a cover song of the original Next Level the fact that they did it right after they did ANOTHER cover just put me off. Even though the singing / rapping was great in the execution it just wasn't for me.

Ponzonia. Not bad. But Swan's vocal color doesn't work for me and unfortunately she is the main vocalist. I recognize she is insanely good but everyone has a type of voice that they like and I unfortunately can't get into it because I do like the group.

Vanilla. Love the girls but can't even remember the song. Hopefully on their comeback as I want to really like them.

After School. This was such a fun song to listen too. The vibe of the song perfectly matched the choreo's and it was just made me smile.

other mentions but not on the list.

Love So Sweet. Really loved this song and for an upbeat type of fun MV they were my fav until After School came out. If there was a third voting slot it would be between this one and HWAA.

First. So far I've liked everything Everglow has put out and in the MV with Onda just staring you down....

Ring Ring. Really liked it. They gave me some T-ara vibes and T-ara was one of my big time favorite groups. Might have voted them in just for that reason alone if there was a choice.

Maners. Favorite song of the year so far (sorry shameless JPOP Plug :saint: ).

Why would they want to promote more

Getting paid more for less works seems like a better deal at their stage in their career

Gosh. Maybe because musicians and singers like to make music and sing songs. Yes it's hard work. Yes there is pain involved. But the rewards of being at the center of a crowd of 50 thousand, hearing your name chanted, getting to singing new songs that you own. It can be soooo worth it and for most of these idols and why they got involved in it is not always just about the money. It's not like BTS couldn't retire now off of all the money they are making now. But sometimes the glory of standing in a stadium with all eyes on you can be intoxicating.