Posts by possiblymaybe

more streams than any bside from ly her or mots persona

how many more streams does it take? If Autumn Leaves from 2015 hit on Tiktok tomorrow and gained 300m streams this year, would that make it valid? :pepe-flirt:

The way BTS have gained more and more fans with every comeback and the fact that the fandom has shifted away from youtube and onto music streaming sites since 2017 means that it would be extremely hard for b-sides released pre-2017 to ever catch up to heavily streamed b-sides from Mots era. But even still, HYYH era songs are doing just fine on streaming sites. Like I said, hundreds of millions of streams.

Things BTS are known for - numerical wordplay, references to specific kinds of literature, fun little connections between Korean and English rhyme schemes, easter eggs and callbacks to past songs etc etc - nada in Dynamite. The rap part in Butter that Joon wrote has like two Joonisms in it and for some fans that was enough but not for me. It pales in comparison to his Mic Drop rap, with its very BTS-like references to plane travel, the sea and Aesop. A song like GoGo, written by two of BTS's biggest contributors Pdogg and SB, is of course going to be more BTS-like than a song that was created in a lab by Ron Perry to be a hit on US radio.

I guess if I was forced to choose, then i personally would take a supposedly less substantial instrumental over simplistic (and in some cases insipid) lyricism anyday bc it's BTS and awesome, interconnected lyricism has always been the backbone of the group

Im just saying for the amount of people who say that they miss their old music the streams dont reflect that 🥴

and again, I ask how can you quantify that? how many streams are enough to reflect it?

I mean they've talked about it having positive vibes, upbeat energy, summery-ness, a fun song to dance to?

That doesn't necessarily mean they think the song is not good. Jungkook said in the conference that it's a song that can stick with you for a long time.

From a musical perspective it has more substance than some songs that are well liked like mic drop although it won't be perceived as authentic to them because it isn't hip hop enough.

Which upbeat songs do you think fans are "thinking" while listening to? This is not the first time they've made a song about non platonic love or flirting.

In older dumb songs like Miss Right or even Waste It On Me, there's fun puns and wordplay that BTS are known for which = more personality. Dyna is completely void of any personality, Butter has a teeny tiny bit but Joon didn't even try too hard on it sadly. Adding ARMY into a song =\= injecting personality

I'll disagree with "more musical substance" because what does that even mean? but i'm not going to argue about it

controversial opinion: the hyyh series doesn't have enough streams for yall to be saying this

hundreds of millions of streams of the HYYH albums isn't enough? how much will be enough to quantify the quality of the songs? :pepe-flirt:

Dynamite and Butter would never be considered the crown jewels in anyone's musical output, but fans will argue they're great bc they have a lot of streams i guess. BTS themselves don't even believe those are good songs - the whole selling point of Butter that they keep repeating in every interview is that it's a song you don't have to think of while listening to it :pepe-peek:

BTS is as organic as any musical act can be these days. Most members were involved in music or dance already. RM had his own online following before signing with BH. As a group they've risen slowly, taking every step on the way to the top and not skipping any

Everyone has to deal with label meddling, until they get powerful enough to take control of their own image and output like Beyonce. But Beyonce isn't "organic" either - she was trained from a young age to be a star

its a set prop dude. chill out. they're not playing with children's toys like you're STILL attempting to insinuate. i don't see a problem with it, thought that was clear enough from my first post. firstly i think they're loosely re-creating their pastel dynamite outfits and the merry go round is a bit of a vintage touch bc i think they were way more common back in the day than they are now. its clearly meant to elicit a sense of youthful whimsy and might even be purposefully meant to stand in for/be a metaphor of the carnival merry go rounds, which is imagery they have used before.

idk, something about the fact that what you're essentially saying here is "they're too old too old to be doing x,y, z" doesn't sit right with me. tae literally has a song called inner child. if this is an attempt to say bh is "infantalizing" them, i just think you're missing the mark. clearly many fans like bright/soft concepts from them. dynamite and bwl are great examples of that.

:pepestare: you don't see a problem with it? good for you

"children's play equipment"? you rlly did the most to try to word that in a way to make it seem "bad" lol. this is like saying adults shouldn't be allowed to swing on swings in the park bc its "for kids". jungle gyms too. i mean, they were prob going for a youthful concept here too, but its kinda weird to act like they're playing with baby toys or something.

I just couldn't remember what that thing was called.... carousel maybe? dunno

anyway do YOU want to see members of BTS playing with things designed for children? Why does Bighit think this is a thing that fans want especially for an 8th anniversary? I can't for the life of me understand why :pepestare:

Also

BTS should definitely get Jungkook to give them this song (like they convinced him with Stay) and finish it and release it as their next English single.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this song definitely needs to be released ASAP

at this point, i just want solos and subunits, especially a rapline subunit :peperun: a rapline subunit will give me all that I've been missing and more :pepe-sad:

BTS as a group is too commodified right now, i would love for them to go back to their roots and stop chasing certain successess, but that seems unlikely until they start enlisting and/or until Bighit stops trying to suck every little source of profit out of the brand :pepestare:

there's three ways to #1 - a focus on sales, streams or radio

nothing more inorganic about sales than radio or streaming payola. Looks like Leave the Door Open got there with mostly radio, which is interesting. Like others have said, it's completely unfair the way BTS have been treated since 2018 as far as payola, so I have no problem with them being able to finally get the push they deserve. I just wish it was with a good song

Now hybe just needs to let YG alone and we'll be all good. I hope they don't buy more shares in that flaming poo heap of a company. Let naver clean up that mess

It feels more like 'sabotaging or eliminating the competition' type of acquisitions that Bighit/Hybe are making than the 'let's upgrade you to the next level' type of acquisitions.

Or it must be that Bighit is notoriously bad at managing and making their girl groups prosper (Glam failed too), while they do well with managing their boy groups.

Source is mostly to blame here, i think. They fucked up something and hybe just didn't swoop in to save them (for a reason we don't know). Gfriend not being able to tour or do paid performances must've really screwed them. Bang PD wrote for their last few comebacks which tells me he was invested in trying to make GFriend profitable