Posts by zixzix

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I struggle to see how someone who hasn’t shown himself on any public platform for almost 2 years (and the few times he actually does it’s during group promotions and he’s always in the back) apparently “loves the attention”

Who are you talking about?

Yeah, that's why i said it's the whole mentality that is different. Doesn't mean that the idol doing those things is bad, i think some of them sincerely think they are doing good things and that they are just being nice to fans and making them feel good (when it's actually the opposite, they maybe make them feel good for a moment or something). Maybe some doesn't know how to respond to fans in such situations and doesn't want to insult them (because they were also a lot of cases where fans were bashing idols how uninterested they were during the fansign). I'm not trying to defend them, but i'm trying to understand from their culture and industry viewpoint. Those idols spent their teenage years in the training system that was preparing them for being an idol, but don't know how to face those kind of situations and think they have to satisfy everybody. They are also young and maybe are not aware how damaging those parasocial interactions can be.

I'm not trying to promote them, but GOT7 guys are keeping it so real with fans. I think that is also one part of the reason why fans are still supporting them after many years, because most fans that expected parasocial aspect left at the beginning or didn't even became their fans (i mean, of course there still are some, but probably not so many, since guys are really honest about not liking that). They are really nice to fans, teasing them, always trying to interact as much as they can, so grateful for the support (one of them even has a tattoo that represents fandom) but when it comes to those kind of questions, they are super honest and tell fans honestly they have their own life and they are not going to marry them, that they want to marry someone special and have kids one day. Also one of them called out sasaengs a lot of times and if fans are telling them to do something (like lose weight, change hair etc.) they stand up for themselves. So i respect them even more for that.

But i know it's hard for all the idols to be like that, especially younger ones.

Yeah for sure their whole training period which looks and sounds excruciating mentally and physically, has set them up to focus on succeeding and making everyone and their company happy - they are too young to fully understand but also they should probably think about it instead of just mindlessly do whatever without a care and actually pay attention to how they feel themselves about what they are saying, but I also think out of desperation they rather just do it and keep it stepping, but I could imagine it eventually takes a toll, it can even jeopardise their safety if some fans from these calls and meet become or ARE saesangs... idk also do their parents not point these things out to them? Its just sad honestly because it harms them too. I do thin eventually with more success and maturity with age this behaviour probably stops and they create a boundary

I love how GOT7 keep it so real, because honestly, a true fan will remain a fan regardless of what they say, and it gives them reality checks and also these members aren't responsible for the mental issues getting worse in some fans that actually want this kind of par asocial rship... its very moral. Also they should only want these kinds of fans anyways, the normal ones that are healthy fans that are supportive with boundaries and respect, Id rather that than loads of delusional fans honestly. And now look they're still doing great! While still sticking up for themselves and having respect and morals.

Yeah the rookie groups, I think they fully believe this needs to be done in order to reach better success etc but it is also selfish imo because they aren't really thinking of the fans just their success and companies profits etc ... and some idols just love it i can tell they really really do lmao and that in itself is a bit strange honestly what makes an idol enjoy this type of interactions i dont know? they're pretty meaningless and strange

Im sure they have a laugh about it after the calls end lmao honestly its embarrassing to watch

Yeah it's just Chans nature but it will be his downfall because he is draining himself... these VLives he daren't take a break from, which sometimes I can tell from snippets on twitter that he just isn't in the mood to be doing them but has to act happy and fine and listen to other peoples problems instead of maybe just being true to himself if hes feeling down to be able to not VLive and his fans be ok with it?? But hes never done that. Being a people pleaser is a lot of effort and draining, I feel like he already has so much on his back and maybe needs to learn to be true to himself sometimes - the truth hurts this is real life and he should be able to be honest as a human being, not just opinion less... but I blame this on the industry tbh, he's been in JYP since he was literally a child so I can see that this is just a massive deep rooted impact that has gradually happened to him and I feel bad for him more than anything.

The thing is Hyunjin wasn't ever dreaming to be an idol though, he was scouted and really got there the easy way... I think he (back then) had some issues with his autonomy and I could imagine this could happen to anyone who was put through such a disgusting training period without the guarantee that it'll be worth it, the survival show was just awful I felt sorry for them alllll.. but I do think idols in general a lot of them do heavily depend on this idol life and fans and to be crying on a stage was just a bit worrying, at how much he was affected when nothing had actually happened in regards to them as individuals... but I think hyunjin is just an emotional guy, I think now he has learned to not care so much of public opinion and learned to love himself and have faith in himself from what I read in a recent interview and relies less on others to make him happy

We all have our own battles so I am not slating any of them honestly they're doing great for where they are and the industry they're in, it's just sad to see what the industry has done to them...

Omg Felix' parents still weren't happy even after debut, I saw a two kids room of him and he said his parents still aren't happy about it even tho he had reached some success... not saying it was bad for him to go but the way he went about it wasn't the more respectful towards his own family, so I do see a little bit of spoilt traits in him bc of that...

Don't apologize for long post, it's ok, it's hard to put complex thoughts into a couple of words. Also i think those things need to be discussed.
    I understand you probably started feeling some restistance towards your favorites because of such things. It's hard to understand why they do that. I'm trying to understand both sides. Honestly i think the biggest problem is in the whole mindset of the industry. Just to get profit and as much fans as you can, no matter how. But those kind of fans won't stay with them for long, so the industry should've started working on another ways. Not to mention that surely a lot of fans thinks and feels like you (i've also seen some videos on twitter from fansigns, that were so cringy and uncomfortable to see). Also maybe like you said, some idols like or enjoy the attention, it's hard to say, it really is case to case. A lot of those idols will probably be embarassed about this in the future (or when they have a significant other). Fans also buy them expensive gifts, that the idols then use or wear, this is also so weird to me, it feels like the fans are 'buying them' through presents. They spend fortune and buy them designer clothes or iphones and such, and than those fans even brag about it when the idol uses the gift in public. It's really weird, why would you buy someone who probably makes more then you something expensive, and you don't even really know them. I would feel so uncomfortable if someone was buying me such presents, i would think: why do they want from me? what do they expect from me? I am avoiding rumors and such but i've also seen somewhere that some idols give those presents from to their gfs/bfs, which is quite gross :D

But anyhow, like we both figured, fans that thrive for parasocial interaction, probably already have some other issues in their personal lives to even need this kind of attention from a random idol, that they don't even know personally (but the illusion probably goes that far, that they feel like they do). Also probably a some of those fans are just children, withouth much experiences of real life. So it's quite damaging for idols to even encourage that and not set boundaries and quite sad for such fans (sasaengs also fall into this category of fans of course).

But there is still a lot of idols that are keeping it real with fans, do not let anyone think they own them, are vocal about how they have personal live and what people see is just one part of them. And that totaly makes sense. Even people we know personally, we don't know everything about them and can not control them (and should not wish to control them).

Like i always say, this is an entertainment, something i enjoy in my free time, listening to music, watching their content, appreciating their talent and performances (and pleasant personalities are of course a bonus).

But from companies perspectives there is not enough money just from that, so they try to milk them as much as they can.

Yeah it's annoying because I dont wanna acknowledge any bad sides of my favs but if they're doing something that I completely disagree with from a moral standpoint and something that shocks me coming from someone in the influential position they're in where there's no need for this - it's just hard for me to ever get it. I understand some fan service is pushed by companies but I dont like to see them actually enjoy and get off this shit cos its wrong man

EXACTLY - the industry is the issue here, they push this whole boyfriend girlfriend shit, making idols say their love songs are for fans and what not, it's strange how reliant they are on pleasing the public when tbh they could still all do incredibly well without entertaining and enabling this problem

I always always look at these videos and think how are these idols going to feel knowing these interactions will forever be on the internet and how cringey it will be - like yeh right now its not an issue for them but one day they'll settle down (if they know how) and have kids, but they'll be seeing videos of themselves selling themselves so hard to these weird fans lmao

YES!!! I watch this YouTuber Jina Kim and she dated a trainee back in the days, he used to give her gifts from fans after he debut. Im confused why fans even spend so much to give gifts when they're already spending on the fan meet etc and idols get so many gifts what are they actually going to do with them lmao

Yeah exactly - I dont get why saesangs and crazy fans are frowned upon so bad and idols are scared for their lives - but they literally entertain these fans?? These are the fans they're feeding fantasies for more money and fame and to make their company happy? You cant tell me a girl spending thousands on 100 albums just for a 1 minute video call isn't potentially deluded enough to be a saesang? Yet the idols will tell the fan they love them will marry them and to call them again next time? How can this dangerous fan culture be stopped if its literally being fuelled by the industry. And the poor immature fans without much real life experience and those who are mentally challenged getting sucked into this honestly I really feel for them, just like people escape reality with VR, some escape it with their fav idols. Its sad honestly.

As for the idols who keep it real I literally have so much respect for them because they actually respect themselves and dont favour fame over the mental health of these fans.

At a BTS fan meeting in 2019 a fan gave JK a baby hat to put on, my heart was bleeding for him, I swear, never have I seen a person look so humiliated. He was obviously angry, too. What goes through that fan's head?! Probably just air. No wonder he went on a rebellion later that year, you go JK, I support you in getting rid of those weirdos!! I blame BigHit for that, they still put baby voices over him in Run and such things, desperados. I'm not fully on topic, but I had to get this off my chest, it traumatized me, sorry.

Your last paragraph is on point, but some say fame is like a drug, once you taste it, you always want more. Lots of idols fall into that category, but not all. Just talking about all this makes me sad & exhausted.

Wow lmao I'm so glad he stood his ground why the fk do fans baby their idols? As i they aren't mature grown ass men? What the hell lmao I'd actually vomit how they tolerate this I have noooooo idea... I also have a feeling its because of the type of community in Korea - its very geared towards making those around you comfortable and happy. I personally dont care if you pay to see me, Im not wearing a baby hat or telling you Im marrying you lmao, no idea what goes through these fans minds honestly. GO JK!!!! I get so proud when I hear an idol actually stands their ground and puts delulu's in their place lmao

Yeah I noticed their vocals are even better when they're not singing their own songs lmao

Even his boy group stray kids sing so fucking high, but I think thats by their own choice as he himself has told them they sing in a girls range lmao, so he obviously has this idea that the girls must be able to sing higher notes - but I'm not going to lie, I'm conflicted because I believe a singer should be able to do that!

Would you be in shock? Would you be cheeky and invasive? Would you compliment them? Would you just talk about yourself? Would you ask them a personal question? A deep question? Do you think you'd feel insecure? Would you confess your love? How do you think you'd feel afterwards?

What's your expectation to happen vs what do you actually think will happen realistically?

Do you plan to meet your favs one day? Via fan meet in person? Or fan calls?

Also please specify if you fancy them - if you crush on them or just like them as an individual.

if you have already met your fav how did it go? what did you say? how did you feel afterwards? Are they still your fav?

i dont want a mature concept... yuna is a literal kid, if they had a mature concept, jyp would sexualize a kid.

maybe im thinking about the wrong mature, either ways i think their music is the only thing holding me back from stanning them

Yeah I understand that, but there can be mature without sexualisation tho, just not so childish with the lyrics and the colours and outfits - like when I listen to their english versions I kinda cringe at some of the lyrics

They have so much potential ||

Stray Kids

- I still think Jeongins voice needs work :( ;(

- Hyunjin is a lil intimidating and I think hes super confident, I dont believe he doesn't like being a visual haha he seems to love it 8o I think its just a story pushed by the company to reel fans in for his looks and to fall for his humbleness. His fan calls with cringe me too much and shows maybe he lacks some self respect with how he entertains delulu's ;( and the way he broke down crying after the woojin thing asking fans to never leave just made me see some insecurity in him that he has no reason for existence expect being an idol?? idk I love him tho so he deserves to be an idol, but his behaviour seems questionable sometimes

- Chan is too much of a people pleaser that I dont think he even has his own opinions || he looks like he just agrees with the majority all to keep peace, but this shows insecurity in himself

- Felix seems like a spoiled person, especially with how he literally thought fuck my parents, fuck my education, im flying to korea to become an idol even tho my parents said no lmaooo im not complaining tho he gives them that edge

I know they hook up and date. I hope they do.

I wish they act like it though. They act like virgins who don't know the other sex. It really annoys me.

Fans behaviour makes them do it but doing it makes fans think it's okay.

:claps:

yeah I wish they could be free honestly I will never understand this weird taboo about a normal life process

I agree - they have SOOO much potential, but they literally sing music that is too childish and I just cant take it seriously... and it doesn't even suit them? None of them can hit those insanely high notes comfortably, we dont hear the potential of their voices, its like they're being sabotaged at this point

Chaeryoung, Yeji and Lia have amazing voices, but all we hear are screaming high pitches and then some 3 word rap by Ryujin

Now ive started exploring other groups and Im shocked at how womanly and mature and sexy they can be, meanwhile now I feel like itzy is just a children's group

I even saw some cover songs and performances by yeji on youtube on this show and I was shocked, now she's being boxed into such a weird aesthetic when she could rock a more mature concept.

Haha, oh my, at least you know it's fan service, I mean, you're not fooled, but think about all those die hard shipers, I truly feel for them. As for the idols, they sure have some issues, insecurities, and definitely no faith in themselves and their work, nor their personal relationships. I would have a hard time to believe my partner is honest and really in love with me, if that person puts up with all that stuff we talked about. They mess up their personal lives for fans who will drop them the second something better comes along, or God forbid, they have a "dating scandal". It's a lose lose situation.

Yeah I cringe too hard when I watch it and I can see the idol himself trying not to cringe lmaoooo I dont know how fans dont notice that?? I feel for the bad for these types of fans because they have probably got some sort of mental problem or something is not right with how they view relationships or they are so lonely that they seek this form of attention. But it is not real and damaging to the fan eventually. its literally a lose lose situation for the fan and the idol. They idol participates in these empty fake superficial interactions, all to just give the company a bit more money and to have a few more fans than they already do? Idols literally spend years trying to become relevant and then when they get there and debut, they sell themselves to fans? I dont see many idols having normal personal relationships until maybe they're "irrelevant", and even then, they won't know how to be in a relationship, because since a young age they were dedicating their lives and time to performing for others. Its sad honestly I hope one day this shit changes because its destructive.

And yeah same, I could never have any respect for my significant other to be selling themselves like that to fans, meanwhile is coming home to me? Ew no thanks lmao, no self respect at all. I'd rather have minimal fame with real fans than more with a high fraction of deluded fans.

This is a problem, because they are encouraging parasocial interaction with the fanservice even more. Those fans, that are there for them just to feel this 'connection' with them, are going to abandon them when they find someone else they like more. So to build your fanbase on this way is also dangerous, because then fans control you even more.
    (I can not believe when i see some fans at fansigns or vlives asking idols to do or say certain things, why are you forcing them, they are definitly doing it just to please you...).

This is happening more with rookie groups i would say, because they have this mindset they have to do everything for success. Of course not every idol acts like that, there are a lot of those, that just honestly reply to fans or show discomfort. There are some idols, that speak about the problems of the industry and how it's trying to control them. But those things are usualy not 'retweeted' or emphasized that much, because sadly most fans fall just for 'memes' and 'aegyos', 'sexy fancams' etc. (i don't want to generalize, but fans like to reduce them to just that). So a lot of idols don't even share their honest thoughts.

The fault is on both sides. The fans, that think the idols have to do everything to please them, and not 'allowing' them to have personal thoughts (they usualy ask them about superficial things, rarely something deep or meaningful, because fans don't want to debate that) and personal lives. And the idols shouldn't encourage that, it's bad for fans (those that need that and fall for such things probably already have some mental issues) and also for themselves (like you said, to act like that is misleading and immoral, since they are doing no good for themselves or fans on the long run).

Yeah I dont like it at all, they're just feeding into it and I dont buy the whole "they have to" or they'll face severe consequences - like no, hurting one or two fans feelings by being NORMAL and having some boundaries isn't going to get them kicked out of the group or drop them in the charts or suddenly make them unsuccessful. They're just so desperate for success that they stoop to these levels and entertain it without a thought. Like how do they feel they are moral people who will encourage such a dangerous aspect of fandoms... most the time these people are lonely and with mental illness of some sort, they really should think of others except for just themselves - like yeh these deluded fans help them gain money whatever, but what are they doing for these poor deluded fans? They will then again spend ridiculous amounts to call you again. Then they wait and live their lives counting down the days to call again. All a paid fake interaction. Sorry this is long but it really irritates me because it shows me a selfish careless side of idols. I get banter, but some of them take it too far, asking them to make sure they call them again that they want to see them again (lies) that they'll get married etc it bothers me because they give no thought to the person. Who clearly needs help lmao and the last thing they should be doing is calling their bias. UGH!

Rookie groups for sure are the most guilty, IDK why they feel the need to enable and entertain this so much honestly I never will get it. These fans most the time will move onto someone else lmao its not even sustainable.

Your last paragraph is on POINT - its just not beneficial for either the fan or the idol. These fake empty interactions that they need to act and pretend which is not how they feel deep down inside, it must disgust them. And these fans are wasting their lives obsessing over that one minute interaction and all the things that they made the idol say, will be replaying in their minds for months and months. They literally fall in love with the idol its weird as fuck and sad! I wish idols just created a boundary even just a small one! They can still make fans happy without going to such an extent.