Posts by Jendeukings

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Taengsic combo, the secret ingredient of SNSD's song. They complete each other

Agree with your ranking 😁 The only part i disagree would be BoA but your ranking is pretty accurate and it's objective. Ailee is very skilled, and both Taeyeon and Wendy are interchangeable. 👌🏻

You did Siyeon so dirty :waterr:

I'm so sorry 😭😭😭. I want to rank her higher but i can't. If it werent for her support, she's higher. I mean she's very consistent on pitch. Her ease in high notes is her strength. Her stylistic way of singing is actually great for me. She sounded exactly like the recorded version. BOCA's highnote 👌🏻. Tbh, Siyeon has a lot of potential, but her way of singing is very stylistic (example, raise your larynx to create unique sound). Camilla Cabello and Britney are the primary example of stylistic singing but when Camilla relaxed her vocal, it's actually very great.

Also i noticed one thing, when Taeyeon made her solo debut she began to sing with style like Siyeon but she maintained her technique. Yeah, i'm being too hard on Siyeon, sorry insomnias 🙇‍♀️

https://kpopvocalanalysis.net/ vocal analysis is a legit thing. i got references from that site. you can say anything about vocal ranking. there are explanation about vocal technique in that website. being a vocalist is not as simple as people think. have you ever wonder why kpop idol spend their life as trainee to be a good vocalist? :wellr:

Based on supported range

Ailee >> Taeyeon/Wendy > BoA > Yuju > Solar > Jihyo > Rosé > Chuu > Siyeon.

Ailee won by large margin, her supported range is G3/G#3 - F5/F#5 - B5. Well developed mixed and upper register. An decent low register

Taeyeon and Wendy. Tae's supported range is G3/G#3 - C#5/D5 - F5/F#5, and Wendy is F#3/G3 - C#5/D5 - A5/Bb5. Both are interchangeable but Taeyeon takes the lead because her resonance is very consistent and big in the A4 - C#5. Wendy is inconsistent with resonance but she's capable to do it. Wendy has stronger low and head voice/falsetto, its wider and supports better than Taeyeon. But Taeyeon's resonance is the reason why she takes the lead by super small margin. As i said before, both are interchangeable.

BoA. F3/F#3 - B4/C5 - E5. Well developed low register among sopranos, ocassionally supports D3, Eb3, and E3. Decent mix and upper register. She's very comfortable singing in lower register

Yuju, one of the strongest 3rd gen GG main vocalist. G3/G#3 - B4/C5(F5) - F5. Decent lower register and has improve for the past few years. Regressed mixed register, at her peak she supported up to C#5 with consistent resonance. But seems like she regressed, the starts was during the sunrise era. Her vocal cords is probably exhausted from doing countless extreme high note, she has difficulty to hit high notes now but i hope she can regain her skills. Her upper register is pretty good.

Solar. A3 - C#5. One of my favorite vocalist. Great belters. Okayish low register, and decent mixed. Able to resonant the notes up to C#5 eventhough it's pushed. She used falsetto rather than HV, so that's her minus. Tbh, Wheein is stronger than her but i get it because she's the better belter.

Jihyo. A3 - B4/C5. Okay lower register and okay mixed register. She's recently has started to support some C5s, actually she has improved gradually and i'm proud of her. Not to far off producing resonance, but she need to open up more. No real-signs of head voice.

Rosé. Arguably A3/Bb3 - G#4/A4 (shallow). She supports inconsistently but if she supports it's pretty good. Has a lot of potential, but that stylistic way of singing is her obstacle to reach better supports, let alone resonance. Has shown a connected head-voice

Chuu. A3/Bb3 - G#4 (shallow). Seems promising but overlooked by her fans.

Siyeon. N/A supported range. Very stylistic with too much tension and closed throat. The irony is she taught Yoohyeon about singing but Yoohyeon is the better vocalist and even better than Rosé with small margin.

TL;DR

My opinion, Taeyeon is my favorite main vocalist. For me she's the best vocalist (subjective). The way she sing is very recognizable and she can conveys emotion really well. She sings as if she was divorced for 7 times. Paying for her concert is one of the best decision i've ever made, no regrets. Stan Taeyeon while she's still active

They are not in competition? Why are people so annoying honestly.

Even if Rose is second to IU who caressssssssssss

Chill, worries is worries but i dont exaggerates it. Worrying about something is normal. I dont even doubt Rosé's power.

I'm very confident about her. It's been 2 years and i just want the best for the best, that's why i have worries. It's not like i'm doubting her, dont twist my words

I'd say because it's showing the fresh side of Blackpink. The concept and the lyrics is relatable probably to the youth community. Also the song felt complete, no empty choruses. The instrumentals of the song itself is great.

Lovesick Girls is As If It's Your Last's daughter. I expect it to beat AIIYL's longevity. Fun fact, both songs have full choruses.

One of the reasons would be the chart reform. The chart reform is like a two sides of coin, it'll benefit the artist or it wont end well. At first, i dont really think Lovesick Girls will chart this long, and then christmas happenes, LSG was out from TOP10 but suddently go back to the TOP5 after the christmas ended.

Also, GP loves this song. This song entered the TOP10 Gallup under 30 in span of 2 months. Lovesick Girls charted weirdly but awesome at the same time. If GP dont like the song, it should've been out since long time ago just like other Idol group songs that enter the TOP10 other than BTS and BP. Seems like BP has great longevity now, HYLT is still in TOP30 and sometimes rise to #25

Blackpink's power indeed

BP doesnt have a PAK with a song released after chart reform, only BTS does. The main impact of new Melon is making it harder to rise on the charts, if youre already on top of the charts, it doesnt have that much impact.

Yup, only HYLT reached #1 on 24Hits but its a pre-reform song.

The closest PAK was Lovesick Girls, #2 was its peak on MelOn. Blocked by the anomaly "Dynamite".

Still, BP has the power to get a PAK after reform. This reform benefitted BP a lot. Lovesick Girls is still charting on TOP 10 24Hits.

Other than BTS and BP, i think OMG can get a PAK at least CAK. With the right song, they'll be able to do it. The massive success of Nonstop and Dolphin made GP pay attention to them. Just wait until they comeback.

For me, BTS is relatable and their music is very appealing to wider audience. Big Hit did an amazing job for promoting BTS when they had the momentum. K-Armys and Western Armys also did a fantastic job. BTS Love Yourself campaign is one of the reasons why people are so into BTS, the message is very relatable and inspiring the youth.

It's the combination smart marketing, hardworking artist, hardworking fandom, using the right momentum, great concept, inspiring messages, and great song that make BTS really huge.

On the other side, i found it hard to stan EXO because i saw them as another Super Junior. Not really authentic to me

I'd say that it's a great opportunity for iKON. Dive was a flop, and B.I departure really left massive impact on group's dynamic and song production

iKON is indeed decently popular in GP's eyes compared to other groups that joined the line-up, but i'd take this positively. Kindom will be their redemption after B.I's departure, it will revive their career just like how Queendom managed to boost (G)I-dle and Oh My Girl's popularity growth on exponential rate. GP will sure notice iKON's attendance on this show, since they're the only group in the line-up that have national hit song which is Love Scenario, and normal hit My Type.

I was about to oppose this but i think it positively and i do think that it's a great opportunity for them. If iKONIC see my reply and apparently disagree, i'm really sorry because this is my opinion.