Posts by dopiee

I agree with La Di Da and I'll add my pink queen

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm going to hold off on voting for the title, it's nice between a blop and bop for me rn but i need to listen to it more. It's great that they are trying something different though and I'm interested to see if they continue this sound further.

Polaroid love is a super cute song though. :lover1:

I haven't watched this video and I'm not going to but i still want to comment on the topic of live singing in k-pop.

When we discuss here people usually say they prefer idols live singing. While that may be true individually it's not the general sentiment fans have so this won't change anytime soon. The dance choreo videos will have more views than videos where they are sitting and singing live. Companies won't care about things fans don't care about. Because of the lip synced videos, fans have unrealistic expectations from their faves and thus everyone else. I saw fans dragging good live performances while dancing as saying that the vocals were not stable and their og faves pulling these off were so great vocally(it was for a cover performance). Even the live vocals will real time have editing of some sorts on their mics. This is not me blaming anyone, but it is what it is and it is not restricted to kpop.

is it once again the proof that Korea > International support ?

I guess not???

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

idt starting this discussion was a bad idea at all but I think it could've went better than it did if people were less biased, a little more self aware and ready to reflect on their actions. unfortunately some shady users here never miss the occasion to throw all the blame on army and claim army created the division here in the first place. as long as everyone insists they're the victim no progress is ever gonna happen, and I guess no one has hope for it at this point anyway.

You really said everything i wanted to say here :pepe-tea::pepe-tea:

I’m sure every other fanbase wants to dissociate from the channel

I think with fans the problem comes when we fail to take this into account. Some armys think that fans of non BTS groups don't have anything to be annoyed about since their groups are getting more exposure. But that is not the case. Fans don't think in those terms.

The main problem of annoyance is seeing videos that you are not interested in and it will happen to other groups fans too. All the artists will benefit more in the longer run with their mvs on their own channels.

Do you think I was talking about you since you quoted me? If yes, I wasn't. If I misunderstood and you just wanted to explain what you think, that's nice.

As I said this thread is about power dynamics, it is obviously some kind of response to the other one and this is why I find it fascinating.

Honestly, this is not the first time there has been such a discussion and there were times in the past when people said they didn't like the common channel thing. And as others have explained, it doesn't mean you can't about numbers if you want a separate channel. It's about other things as well.

And since there's a lot of dissatisfaction towards Hybe these days, I guess people found this way to express it. It's harmless pettiness and I don't understand why some people get annoyed if others want to do that.

Why are some of you trying to convince others on what to find annoying and what not to.

It might be easy to ignore other groups constantly on yt for you but not so much for others.

I watch most of the videos of groups I'm not a fan on incognito because I don't want other kpop stuff recommended to me. I do the same for non kpop things that I'm interested to check out but don't want on my yt page.

And If BTS had all their MVs on Bangtan TV it would be beneficial to them in the longer run. Just because every other company does it, doesn't make it right or something people can't complain about.

Getting annoyed by useless recommendations/notifications is completely normal human behavior.

And that's also not what OP was talking about.

OP was talking about people who take it to extreme to either mock other multis for not unfollowing the hybe channel saying they aren't real fans or even mock other groups because they have their MVs on the HYBE channel obsessively.

this statement is not a fact lol. hybe very clearly cares about their brand as a company and they care about the brand of bts at the very least. they market tf out of this merch, they have a whole ass schedule and making of videos for this bts created merch. ive never seen people complain about the quality of hybe clothing. only random other items, where occasional defects arent acceptable per se, but definitely not shocking. when it comes to certain merch runs like this, the in the soop merch, and the chuseok merch, the quality, branding, marketing was all impeccable and definitely worthy of a luxury title at a glance. we're clearly not looking at this the same way.

There's people in this very thread complaining about the quality of both their previous clothing and other merch. Not defects but quality of the cloth too.

The margins can be anything, I just took an example for illustrative purpose. ? Maybe they are less than 50% and maybe they have more than 10k orders. I believe those 2 things would be balanced out so I took that assumption.

I'm also not harping on them for the profit margin, i just made that point because most people were saying what it will require to break even and acting like hybe is just barely making profits on it. There's a big difference between 5% and 30%.

Secondly my point was they are not trying to make their brand luxury. They simply do not care about the brand. They just care about the money that can be made from the said brand and make decisions accordingly. Being higher priced doesn't make the brand 'luxury'. Luxury brands care a lot about their brand, it's image and product quality.

And the act of not caring about the brand but only the money aspect of it is what I call greedy.