Posts by perrotusa

This is what i meant but you explained it better than me lmao.

Anyways i agree with you

Well I'm not going to get into the national hit discussion here but I find your criteria curious.

I don't think kids could learn the choreo and teach it to their grandparents because it is contemporary inspired and there is no easy point dance move like in boom boom or TT.

So SK which is obsessed with ballads which you can never dance to can never have them as the biggest songs ever :pepewhat::pepeshut:

The fact that it is a ballad makes sense but still, Spring Day has not been mentionned a lot in TV etc. anyways we arent korean, we should have this discussion with a korean person for it to be 100% accurate .

Or? Spring Day is on the same level of Through the Night.

And there's also a whole Boy with Luv, which won 3 SOTY awards, same number as Gee and Cheer Up.

Like i said, chart perfomance is not everything there is to a hit song. Butter is doing better than Dynamite but i can assure you 100% that Dynamite is bigger in the US.

I think that Spring Day is a very popular song that appeals to a certain type of person, but it doesn't quite reach everyone in korea, which is for me the definition of national hit (entire generations dancing to it, hence the "national)

You dont have schools banning Spring Day like they did with LS, you dont have grandmas being taught the dance by their grandkids like that one Cheer Up video.

Then again, neither of us live in korea so we dont have a say on what is a national hit or not, its just assumptions

You all speaking about national hits like you are Korean...

I think the word national hit is used WAY too easily for songs that outside of chart performance have nothing.

Imo, they are only a handful of songs that i'd be ready to call a national hit, which is that i assume everyone in korea knows and it would be Love Scenario, Cheer Up, D4, Dynamite and possibly Red Flavor.

These are the most mentionned songs, still used in media and shows etc, they are other songs that could possibly be national hits like TT or Spring Day but since im not korean, i can't really say wether these are national hits or not.

Seems like idol groups are finally gaining back momentum in South Korea, 7 songs in the top 10 of melon are idol group songs.

This is great compared to the solo artist domination in 2019/2020 and early 2021.

I am so happy for Aespa, they 100% deserve it.

I wonder how much AF will rise? Yesterday the song had huge ul gains as much as butter, nl and cmbr. It can very much become a hit depending on its longevity especially if it can go higher.

Ngl the song grew on me more than expected.

Also very interested in seeing if cmbr can actually take #1 from butter this week.

It rose two spots now its at 8 but it has a 50k uls gap with #7 so its gonna take a long time before it overcomes it

Alcohol Free still has a shot at top 10 even though i don't think they can reach it with all the upcoming comebacks. They're only 4k uls away from Celebrity rn.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Alcohol Free fell back behind Dynamite again to #12. The fall begins. Unlikely they can rise anymore. Seeming more and more like a flop .
    With Bravegirls getting on melon in only 2 hours, seems pretty likely it will reach the top 10 within a day. Maybe because they released a summer bop with actuall quality.

AF gained 10K uls today, its not like it lost tons of uls, Dynamite just gan more, plus its raining. Its gonna rise back when the weather gets better.

Let’s see if it can last a second week. Will probably immediately fall off.

I have no problem with you bashing them in the digital thread but now come on, dont go in thread specifically made to praise them and ignore the whole achievement to just blantly bash them.

Cant mods do anything about that? You've been doing that for months and they dont seem to care, on the old forum you would get banned for anything but not here.

This is crazy, words can't describe how proud of them i am. I remember vividly all the kpop stans saying Twice would never succed in the U.S and yet here we are.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.