Posts by gerrard174

This is objectively false. Tzuyu was the member who had her face everywhere early in Twice's careers. I don't think you know what an "it girl" is, because it has nothing to do with going solo. If Nayeon is Twice's it girl now, it's only because JYPE has pushed her as such while failing to promote Tzuyu, but Tzuyu was the one with an organic fanfare at the start.

Im not too sure what do u mean by her face everywhere. If talking about group commercial, Nayeon and Tzuyu had similar center times. I dont recall tzuyu had a lot of solo endorsement (since Jyp declined all solo deals). The most she had was magazine photoshoots. Im not sure those qualify as IT girls + everywhere.

On side note, It girl is someone that can command selling power, setting the trend and is popular. Doing well for solo debut kinda prove their popularity, see how well Jennie, Hwasa did for their solo debut.

Tzuyu is pretty but like many above said, she doesnt have the IT girl quality. Even Jooe from Momoland has more IT girl quality than her

Actually, in 2018 BP charted in Hot100 (Billboard) at #55 making history as the highest charting kpop gg.

They also had Billboard 200 record with Square up: debuted at #40 as highest charting kpop gg

He probably was late to the fandom.

those were gold times seeing blinks boast about western charting vs Twice boast about korean charting

Tide turned until BP dominate with DDDD onwards

Since this thread is done by Minion, let me do one for Once in return of his favor:

2016 - 2018 Twice is the new NGG! SNSD is has-been, charting + album sales are the most important measures. The western charting doesnt matter We are Kpop!

2019 Korean charting is irrelevant, spotify streaming is not important for Kpop artist! Twice still the queen they have the physical sales!

2020 - Only sales from japan + korea matters. China is fandom bulk buying only, SEA is not real they dont buy albums. The sales are fake /inflated ! Twice still have the most cumulative sales!

2021 - US chart is important now, The Feel the best charting GG song! Youtube suddenly become relevant again! The Feels had the most views for GG of that year! Spotify is relevant now, Twice had the most spotify streams that year! Nevermind that twice losing fans in korean since they're getting those western fans !

2022 - we dont care about chart or sales, we care about quality only. So as long our girls are together we dont care

:evil:

Agree, there's definitely the group between 2 and 3.

It also depends if you're trying to get all the cards for every single member or if you're just aiming for your bias because you do hit a point where it's cheaper to just buy the missing card individually one Ebay.

But I do believe photocards will always be randomized for that reason. Most companies goal is to actually target the big spenders vs the majority. Video games for example that uses a random loot box system get's all their revenue from only a fraction of the customer base, forgot the exact % but it was a small fraction.

There are also the people who buy them simply to get into things like fan sign events.

Newjeans album photocards are not randomised. Im actually surprised that they got so much sales with not randomised photocards (but at the same time, ADOR js super generous with PC - u get at least 5 PC per album so it is a plus point to incentivise buying)

But yea for OT4 like me, easier to collect via bulk buy albums since i dont lose out for getting less popular members. For fans that collect only 1 member, it will be cheaper to buy the photocard loose.

So i wonder, SM likes to release same album in US region but with extra photocard

So does that means for example aespa had

- 2 normal photobook versions

- 5 digipack

- 2 US photobook versions

- 5 US digipack (4 member + group logo)

- 1 target exclusive (group cover)

- 4 deluxe box versions

😂😂😂😂

Yes, they will. The buyers pretty much exist in 2 groups, well 3.

3.) Bulk buyers, the number of versions don't matter, they buy the amount of whatever their pot size is, the number of version does not matter, it'll just be pot size divide by cost of album.

Those who dont normally bulk buy wont regardless of album copies and those who bulk buy will bulk buy regardless of album colpies. Very few fans who is not already part of a bulk buy group, will put whatever they can afford into as many copies as they can.

That's not entirely true. Bulk buying multiple versions most of the time are photocards collector. Imagine in the case of Seveteen where there are 13 members, it is hard to collect all photocards of your bias. In that case, bulk buying to increase chance of pulling the pc is quite normal in most fandom. The extra copies can be sold or traded

I can cite myself as example. I collect OT4 BP and aespa, hence i bulk buy all versions to ensure i get all 4 members. If there is no randomised photocard, i will definifely buy much lesser copies. So im definifely fall between type 2 and 3 you listed. I dont allocate a pool of money to bulk buy for sake of bulk buy. I bulk buy with a reason

it is hilarious cause now store and signed versions are different versions too.

Haters could just say anything to discredit the sales amount. Im ready for BP sold 3mil thanks to 30+ versions (of which only 7 core versions, the others are slight variations)

But their sales are quite low im sure they will get a platinum certification but the single only has 15-16k preorders on KTOWN while ad mare was doing that in one day. I notified the same thing with NCT 127, their last album had 500k preorders on kTOWN while now they’re doing less than 200k

But again it’s not only the one platform but it still weird.

Ad Mare sold well based on JYP's reputation for GG + company stans. I definitely think O.O + the long hiatus turned a lot of people off...

Jyp, time to panic..

Because ASAP wasn't that big itself. Like what it has 500M circle points or around it while songs like next level is at 1B. If u have a massive hit the flop mostly doesn't happen. If it's a mid to normal hit it can go anyway.

I actually beg to differ. I do think ASAP somehow was viral + it had the potential to serve better longevity provided their next song was a hit too. But something went wrong.

Like LOA of Twice was a slow chart grower but it somehow did decently in the end, then Cheer Up released and got most attention. Also in another case, AOA's miniskirt was semi-big also (it did okay but not super well during its release), but they somehow kept the momemtum for next 3 songs (short hair maybe not so much but Like A Cat and Heart Attack are their biggest hit). Ended up all songs did kinda well in term of longevity and ULs

So to see GP just dump StayC like that is so weird... i was hoping stereotype will blow up but it flopped so badly