Posts by gerrard174

Just want to point out that in 2019, OMG wasnt nugu anymore. They already gotten a small hit with Secret Garden and won two trophied. Many already expected they to become more popular overtime and Queendom basically boosted that process

it is honestly funny people are mad if Yena going to join everglow

In the first place, there is nothing to be mad as Yena, if she didnt win pd48, would have debuted with Everglow for sure.

Whilst yena herself is sad for izone disbandment, doesnt mean she is unwilling / not happy to join everglow, which is her original plan

Of course, if Wiz*ones able to keep Iz*one as a group, i think Yena should give PRIORITY to remain in Iz*one. If it is not happening, the next best course is to join everyglow. Yena is an ace, she will definitely add vocal colors + can adapt/fit into existing dynamic of group (she joined IZ*ONE with trainees from other companies)

you cant even compare them since nonstop was released when there was really strong competition, while the competition hylt had were only maria and yoo jae suk's group.

people cared about hylt, but it aged badly. people cared about nonstop and dolphin too and it was memorable since they both have monster longevity.

you need to understand having a hit song isnt just about hitting #1. aiiyl and pwf are undeniably bigger than both hylt and lsg, but did they hit #1? no. did they stay in the top 10 of gaon for more than 9 weeks? no

I think you undetstated HYLT too much.

The song appeared in Gallup top10 song in 2020 while OMG wasnt there. This speaks for korean more than we can.

The song might have higher burn out rate than non stop / dolphin, but doesnt mean the song wasnt bigger. Moreover, BP has newer release LSG on chart + Rosé solo on top30. And BP has been silent for quite a while. Their last activity in korea was in 2020 excluding Rosé solo.

And it is delusional to think pwf / aiiyl was bigger than HYLT, when HYLT is breaking records before melon reform, after reform, chart super well on korean youtube chart and even on gallup top10.

We have yet to see how good is HYLT longevity but so far the song is almost 1 year on chart. It is impressive. OMG is a rising group, i think their songs will stay on chart much longer as they didnt have explosive start but very good longevity, i.e. constantly attracting new listeners to their songs, keeping their songs longer on chart.

Hopefully this is not the only OT7 stage we are getting (mcd one, Jiho wasnt really dancing as she was injured, and she gonna take off for recovery)

Honestly, i think i fell in love with them

Such vibrant vibe from them

:lover1:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

GP mean all people, this therefore includes young children up to the elderly. Do you really think Blackpink's music is something the GP loves in Korea? I'm not Korean, honestly we can't say what they think but I think people after 35 prefer bands like Twice, RV or MMM more than Blackpink.

Also to say that the Blackpink fandom is not that big in Korea is really a joke. Maybe the ounces are a similar size and I'm not at all sure about that. But all the other GGs have by far a smaller fandom.

This is the funniest statement i ever heard

Did you just said BP i.e. the most popular girl group in korea now is less popular than at least 3 other groups? Are you korean to represent them? If we arent then the best is to see receipts

Gallup had BP in top10, 2 BP songs in top10 last year, obviously GP knows BP more than the others who are not where to be found.

BP is the only girl groups that was able to chart whole album in top100. Funny to claim it was only fueled by fandom as after melon reform, fandom can hardly mass stream a song to make it into top100, needless to say, whole album

hylt came out only 2 months after nonstop. u would expect that hylt would outchart them bcs its newer but in reality, both dolphin and nonstop are already outperforming it despite being older. dolphin is also about to outchart lsg in a matter of time.

yes, hylt did peak at #1, but nonstop and dolphin are showing insane longevity. both songs are getting more streams than hylt

Again, as people mentioned here, BP songs generally have bad longevity once they are below top50, but HYLT is still holding up well.

And are you just gonna ignore LSG just because it doesnt fit into your narrative? Newer song, higher ULs, higher chart position now?

If anything, Rosé solo songs should be a good indicator of how the group at least will be performing on the chart. Technically, chart performance should be better for group

Hun, in case you missed the point of the thread

OP actually asked about "now", not overall consistency

Of course it is sensible to put Brave Girl into the picture as their next release is definitely gonna be a hit. Also, it makes 100% sense to take into account performance of latest releases.

Putting Twice, Red velvet up there just because of their previous hit which was 2 years+ ago, doesnt make sense to me. OMG just landed their latest song on #11 melon. That's impressive and certainly put them over the two for now (until their comeback outdo Omg)