Posts by daniel-cruz

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It triggered my senses to think about this deeply.

I think different people have different preferences. That's what I get from this tweet.

Also, These days, I have been reading a lot of lyrics, I don't know why, guess something triggered my senses again.

Wow. I almost forgot it lol.

FOR THIS NEW SERIES OF THREADS, I WILL APPRECIATE THE THING THAT SHOULD BE THE MOST TALKED ABOUT BUT IT ISN'T, MUSIC ITSELF.

#3 Emotion

Emotion, as you all know, can be conveyed through either lyrics, singing, rapping, even just by instrumental.

However, It also depends upon the listener as well.

Today, I will appreciate the level of emotion EXO songs have and how it can move people even if they don't know the language they are singing/rapping.

EXO had 3 Main Vocalists :- ChenBaekSoo

4 Lead Vocalists :- Suho, Kai, Lay, Xiumin

2 Rappers :- Chanyeol and Sehun

We'll talk about Vocalists in this post, EXO has the best Vocal Line in KPOP, and THIS IS OBJECTIVE ;-) . By vocal line, I mean, including the lead vocalists, which strengthens this department even more.

Throughout their discography, EXO has done different type of ballads (Typically songs where their vocals are at the forefront of all things, Very minimal instrumental)

I will be sharing 2 such examples with live performances :-

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content open.spotify.com

This song is special. Well, Every EXO song is, but you get the idea.

Starting with simple piano, There is no percussion in the track whatsoever which makes this even more intimate and emotional.

The melody is very heart wrenching. The way chords are played along with the harmonies, I get the feeling, they realize that THIS PERSON is their answer.

Highlights :- When D.O sings "My Love" followed by Baekhyun's soaring declaration, it's perfect.

It's sad. It's also a bit romantic.

Another song I really like

External Content open.spotify.com

A clear fan favorite. Simple yet elegant.

I was surprised when Chanyeol started rapping, it was unexpected and it worked well.

Also got a slight R&B influence. A must listen.

Y'all are not ready. He is coming for everyone's necks.

Y'all are going to HELL!!!!

Spoiler:-

It's edited. It's actually a song from the movie The Greatest Showman.