Posts by daniel-cruz

Even though its been only one week, we've gotten so much content and I'm happy to see that exo members are enjoying it as much as we are. Theyve given us killing voice, music shows, fansigns, tik tok challenges, infamous staircase photo and a dance practice. Things that are normal for other groups but something we have been deprived of and they gave it all to us this time </3

This comeback feels so bittersweet because of kai not being there and the constant sabotage from SM BUT im gonna try not to be pessimistic in this thread.

EXIST album itself indeed feels like their most cohesive album. Theyve never been one to redo something they're already done. This was a more laid back, chill and groovy album compared to say The War which is the album I would compare this to, both being summer comebacks and everything. I've grown to appreciate cream soda more after seeing their performances, it has some extremely catchy parts and i can't stop quoting "bomb bomb dessert". Chanyeol ATE and left no crumbs this comeback

SeChan really brought their A-game this album!!!

It was only a week of promotions, but I love the album and the content we got and it was worth the wait! The Killing Voice is something I'll be watching the rest of my life, and so many of my students have mentioned it to me telling me how good it was and how impressed they were with EXO. I also loved the two performances on the Jannabi guy's show, they were both so live and the members seemed to be enjoying themselves so much. I'm excited for the behind the recording video and behind the filming of Cream Soda (they said both were coming at the fansign today).

I agree Daniel that it's their most cohesive album and Let Me In is the perfect closer. I do think it's kind of missing the really out-there experimental songs, a la Jekyll/Chill/or even Gravity to an extent, but the flipside of that is every song works and is really catchy. I think it'd been so long as a group that they wanted to stay in their R&B comfort zone and I love that. If anything, Cream Soda is the most surprising song on this album, but I love it and I think it continues their tradition of great title tracks. Idk where it goes in my all-time rankings but it's up there for sure.

Another Day is a bit more experimental than rest of the tracks.

They still got it….

My personal thoughts :-

Musically, it’s the perfect comeback EXO could’ve had. The best of 2023 EASILY.

I have to say, I’m not impressed by 4th gen or 5th gen releases of this year. An 11 year old group had the freshest songs so far. Didn’t follow any trends yet didn’t fall behind either. A song like “Cream Soda” is something only EXO can do.

Hear Me Out is such a groovy track and Let Me In is a perfect album closer. I feel like this album is among their most cohesive till now. I feel like it will totally climb up my rankings and might as well dethrone The War.

My Ranking :-

1. Don’t Mess Up My Tempo

2. The War

3. EXIST

4. EXODUS

5. Ex’Act

6. Obsession

7. XOXO

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content open.spotify.com

Live Performances :-

Dance Practice :-

This is definitely one of the hardest choreos in KPOP!!

Let me know your thoughts on the album, b-sides, live performances etc??

External Content twitter.com

Congrats Boys!!!! The fact that it was higher if SM didn’t mess it up big time!!!!

You know what they say,

“It’s KPOP, Don’t take it too seriously”

I wish I didn’t. When you have an artist whose potential eclipses the entire industry and instead of supporting them and maximising the demand; their company tries to drown them, it’s frustrating.

These people won’t care in the long run, because revisionism will creep in but anyway,

I am just going to take a break and listen to this godly masterpiece named “EXIST”

External Content open.spotify.com

I hope everyone enjoys the music.

Bye.

What a load of bullshit lies…..

SM has never overstocked EXO albums in the last 5-6 years… the last time they did the March restocking event in 2021, EXO’s older catalogue had more than 180K+ or something sales….

The fact that they admitted to capping the number of preorders is CONCERNING and it is straight up sabotage. As a company, your primary job is to meet the demand with the supply but in SM’s case, they restrict the supply even after overwhelming demand.

Can FTC just seal this wreckage of a company?

1. If they aren’t able to produce enough albums per demand, there shouldn’t even be a damn company…..

2. CBX must have made appropriate corrections suiting their needs with SM. There are much more dynamics at play than we can know….

An understocked album did that…….

If only it wasn’t the case… the heights this album could reach.

US orders were already delayed in shipping and now they are outright cancelling them?????