Posts by kingkook

I think you are very young and impressionable. Could work on you social skills and recognize people who can't wait to use you against your own fandom.

What did you think i'll say about you?

It's actually pretty nice. I was expecting something worse :pepe-peek:. But you're kinda right on the social skills and people trying to use me against my own fandom. I really don't like it a bit so I maintain a distance from every fandom :(.

yes. I can't speak for everyone but I can definitely speak for myself. stanning BTS did change the way my 16 - 17 year old self used to think. I wasn't acting like my normal self anymore. I started being really positive, polite and friendly but always lonely. Listening to BTS lyrics, I used to give life lessons to parents, aunties and grandparents. Everyone used to wonder why I suddenly started acting way mature than my age. A few years forward (around mid 2019), I snapped out of that persona and started acting like a normal being again. I'm still changed but I don't sound like a 40 year old anymore (I still cringe over my previous self :pepe-cringe:).

No they were not doing any US promo in July...lol. Also US promo does not lead to 75% increase in views in India, never has. How are Indian non- Kpoppies gonna keep up with BTS IVs with US media or radio? That is absurd. Why would gp discover them from there?

of course, YouTube. and through their friends, but I doubt an edit would get gp interested in them. It's not like BTS were actually dancing to Chunnari. See I don't understand why you guys need to particularly mention an edit made BTS go viral? That edit is just the members dancing, it had none of their music. Also by that logic, BWL dance practice video should've gone viral instead. If BWL became popular that's bc they listened to the song not watching them dance.

Chunari edit came out on 25th June

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Now tell me, how do you explain this?

BTS were doing their US promotions during the same time though. Anyways I'm not denying it didn't have any impact, but I can definitely say it didn't go viral enough to be the biggest reason BTS grew big, back in 2019.

Believe what you want lol. Idk what population you are talking about anyway and from my previous experiences with you I know discussing with you is like talking to a wall. So I'll leave it here.

Streams on Spotify btw can increase because of multiple reasons, I was mainly talking about yt streams which is more widely used than gaana or saavn.

And yes all the Indian fans got to know about the views BWL gets months after it was released at the same time. It makes perfect sense.

you're making it seem like that edit played a huge role when it didn't. idk why ARMYs on this forum keep pushing the narrative that the chunnari edit was viral and BTS became popular bc of it X/

but it barely did anything to their popularity as a whole. that's like saying BTS became popular in Latin America bc Airplane pt.2 had latin vibes to it. Like no, there's more to it than an effing edit.

It’s ok. One step at a time baby.. one step at a time. At least we’re seeing YT trends and online interest has spiked up, so can’t argue with data. Many groups have that trend but as usual, BTS are social distancing.

I’m hoping for a BTS and AR Rahman collab because he was hyping them up in his soc media and interviews. That would be epic!

I'm not saying BTS is not growing popular here. I just said the edit didn't really go that viral here. It would make more sense to say BTS trending on YT made them popular more than an Indian song mixed edit.

Indian Media exaggerates everything. They just wanted Indian ARMYs clout. Hence those eye catching titles. You can go ask any Indian online (let alone the street) and I'm pretty sure they would go "wtf is this?".

Literally right after the edit they got a huge boost... multiple Indian armys in the thread did and their family so I guess you missed the boat! *sad trombone*

BTS stays winning

:peperich:

most Indian ARMYs here are in their mid twenties or over 30. Maybe their families did but majority of Indian population didn't. I could go ask any random Indian online or on the street and they would be like "wtf are you talking about?". That edit looks like every normal desi kpop fan's edit, if I'm being honest.

I've seen the edit everywhere, my family members were sending that on their WhatsApp groups. It definitely did affect their popularity.

BTS were becoming huge in the west for 2+ years, why did BTS suddenly blow up then? Did all the Indian fans suddenly woke up one day and collectively saw their popularity in the west decided to hear them out? That does not make much sense, their streams and views increasing aligns with the edit going viral so there's enough causation for this.

Also this is not me denying that BTS becoming huge is the west did not have any impact on here, it gave them more exposure but they did not blow up because of that.

Maybe your family but I'm pretty sure the population here has no clue about it. It was not viral here at all. Also streams can easily be manipulated in India. Most of the population uses Gaana here, so using a Spotify or Apple Music chart would not make sense. Also India didn't have a platform to stream kpop until 2019.

And once again, BTS never "blew up" in India. The streams and views are an effect of their popularity worldwide. Indians can easily get curious about BTS just by looking at the number of views they get when they release an MV. And BWL was all over YT back in 2019, so it's expected some fellows would've gotten interested.

Numbers don't lie...after the edit they got a significant boost in streams.

I'm Indian and I do know what happens here. Whatever is popular in the west gets popular over here. I use a lot of internet and a part of various online communities but not even once did I ever encounter that edit on those groups. I know all the memes Indians use but that one never came up. It's just an effect of BTS popularity worldwide not an effing edit. I know a few newbie ARMYs and none of them mentioned that edit.

Also why do I see people mentioning that Chunari edit? BTS didn't become known in India bc of that edit. I've never heard of that edit before until I saw it on this forum.

Anyways, kpop is just known among Indian internet users. They aren't that known. BTS popularity in India is just an affect of their worldwide fame. The only place where kpop is mainstream is East India.

Before BTS worldwide success, there were still kpop fans in India but not to a huge extent. Most of them were SM stans as far as I remember (I'm not making this up, that's how the Indian kpop community was).

I think lockdown played a huge factor in gaining new fans here. Also, BTS & BP domination in the Indian kpop scene is similar to their domination worldwide. Also Bollywood has a huge dance culture similar to kpop, so that could also play a huge role in it's popularity compared to other foreign music genres (apart from the west).

As for concerts, I don't see a concert culture here. I mean people do go to concerts but usually for partying and it's a rich kid's luxury entertainment. Most concerts here are usually just DJs or big western artists like Justin Bieber.

I don't like how some people are comparing ggs to western artists and professional dancers.

1. Western artists don't have to dance for every performance they do, unlike kpop idols. I mean these idols nearly perform everyday and maybe be having a period on the same day. I hardly see western female artists dancing for every performance.

2. Not everyone experiences periods the same way. Some girls get severe cramps and doing heavy choreos would just make it worse. And a group has several girls who experience periods differently and have different dates, so there would be a chance of missing a member due to health issues.

3. I don't see these professional dancers wearing mini skirts neither do they need to try to look pretty for the audience like kpop gg idols. Also kpop idols aren't dancers only, they're singers as well. It would take only a superhuman to meet all the expectations.