Posts by ill-pray-4-u

I don't want to generalize but some of the Chinese international students are on a different level. I don't know what kind of geography they are teaching in China, but according to them most of the asia belongs to china and culture is taken from them, some even believe everything will be under one control in the future.

I don't even know if I should blame them or their government for this.

I've had the same exact experience with Chinese international students back when I was in college. I was told because China once controlled all of Asia, it's rightfully Chinese property. Generally great people, just crazy things would come out of their mouths if it was in any way related to China or Asia.

the Chinese brainwashing is real. I have Chinese colleagues who haven't lived in China for years now telling me they don't want to get Covid vaccinated unless the Chinese vaccine gets brought to our country and made available. In a very objective, cold way, it's rather impressive how the Chinese government manages to so thoroughly control a population of almost 2 billion people.

No excuse though for that artist of Ughyur ethnicity that's choosing her comfy career over the systemic eradication of her culture and her people. Wow.

I have similar experiences. I have a Chinese friend I met here in Japan, who has told me that Chinese news is the only correct news because news anywhere else in the world isn't based on facts and will lie just to make China look bad. He's also refers to Asians of any nationality as "future Chinese" as well. The shocking part is that if China isn't mentioned, he's a generally great guy.

It's very impressive how deep propaganda can get into someone's head.

I appreciate your perspective and agree with some of it. I think it should be a case by case basis, for example, the recent H&M controversy. Also the NBA punishing one of their team owners for speaking in support of the people of Hong Kong after China threatened to not allow the NBA there, so the NBA punished the owner because of the NBA financial hit it would have taken by cutting ties with China.

I agree with H&M in this case and also think the NBA shouldn't have punished the the team owner for supporting the people of Hong Kong.

So I guess I look at each individual case.

I think there are times to make exceptions on a case by case basis, but overall it's too difficult to look at every single case without first having a blanket policy. Thank you for your perspective as well.

I would differentiate the people who live and work in China from their government. The people and companies there may not necessarily agree with their government just like I don't always agree with my country's. I don't blame the people who happen to live there for the violations of the government.

Sure, many people may not necessarily agree, but that doesn't mean they still might be part of the problem if they aren't speaking out or making meaningful actions.

The anti-China sentiment isn't about the people individually, but the country and their government. The two do overlap some, but it's not based on the individuals. Supporting Chinese money, or accepting Chinese money, in any large-scale thing (tv show, business, etc) is doing nothing to make meaningful change. For those of us not in China, speaking with our wallets is almost all we can do. For those in China that have enough money to invest overseas that are negatively impacted by the anti-Chinese sentiment, they also have enough money to try and make such changes in their own country (in regards to the human-rights violations). Because after all, the people passively being against it is actually helping the violations to flourish. The violations of the government often happen (throughout history) because those in charge know that the people (overall) that are unaffected will passively accept it and it just snowballs from there (which is what we're seeing in China).

Just my perspective.

Edit: Not sure how and why it quoted another user and idk how to fix it. Sorry

The anti-Chinese sentiment in Korea is scary right now. They're even criticizing companies and shows who have Chinese investors. Which is practically every company.

They've criticized other shows too for Chinese product placement too.

Considering the massive human-rights violations in China, I don't blame Koreans for their criticisms. Japan is slowly gaining the anti-chinese sentiment for the same reason.

Thanks for the very genuine concern over my mode of conduct but I am happy to have experienced no such thing on an online platform including akp forum. I hope the next not so articulate bunch of folks, if happen to share a textual mode of conversation with you on a platform like this, they bear that in mind and do not cause you too much trouble. Have a nice day.

I usually don't reply in such a fashion, but you were special.
    I'm pretty sure you have had such reactions before, if you were able to notice, but again that would be a you problem. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Enjoy.

Well I didn't know I had to follow formal protocols in regards to convey with someone over an online platform like allkpop forum. I never did come across anyone who would have any problem comprehending the medium I used to reply to them over here. Nor did they ever question my capacity. I will keep that in mind that next time, hopefully never, if I had to quote you, I will make sure to follow up with a proper set of lexicon, and explaining from a to z and spell check everything to ensure your big brained psyche doesn't fall into a misunderstanding that will lead to insinuations of reading comprehension and questioning one's capability of a "correct" mode of response.

Thanks for your sarcasm, but who knows if that was even intentional on your part considering everything previously. Regardless, you don't have to do as such, but don't be surprised when people have this sort of reaction to your poor means of conveying what you want to say. This is entirely on you.

Ffs i was agreeing with you and i gave h.o.t n sechskies as an example. I meant and implied their fandoms, i just didn't remember the fandom names. Maybe at least get the point first before acting all hostile.

I got your point, the point was you're either confused or have no comprehension. If you meant to give an example, you should have written something more specific, because your reply to me doesn't suggest you giving examples. If you're replying to me specifically with the following:

"Fandoms yes, groups no."

"H.O.T vs sechskies"

then it comes off as giving a rebuttal against my statement, not supporting it. Otherwise you could have quoted literally anyone (or no one at all) if you were giving an example. Don't blame me for you not having the capacity to convey something in writing effectively.

"Nations girl group" has been the "ideal" Korean female image. SNSD and Twice both had the same exact cute image and appeal when they were given that title. It's not entirely about level of success, but who Koreans want representing their image. Itzy has a stronger vibe/image that I feel would never be given such a title by Koreans. If a cute, pure, innocent-looking group debuts and does well, they will get the title for sure. I can't imagine any 4th gen group that has that "vibe" that is anywhere remotely close to well-known status yet.