Posts by rosietwerk

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If this is true, on what basis Bahiyyih got into Top 9?

To not get out of topic, I am really sure Mashiro is going to make the cut. Idk I feel like the only reason JYP didn't debut her is that her image is diffrent from Itzy, nothing is wrong with her skill-wise

And looking at the recent change for Kpop in China, I think MNET is going to lessen the number of Chinese trainee getting in and put more weight on Japanese team

None of them actually debut in Big 4 , if Hanbin made it to Enhyphen I'm pretty sure his Vietnamese fans would be a thousand times stronger

SEA fans don't really have interest in newly debuted group, they will start to bat an eye if they have a hit song OR they are from Big 4

One of these companies should really debut a Singaporean/Indonesian boy fast considering China is restricting Kpop fanbases

The comeback is bound to happen in their 15th anniversary tho, Tiffany has hinted that they will comeback to celebrate special occasions in their career

I don't think it will be this year, Seohyun is still busy with her film if I remember correctly

but I guess they have started training/meeting more frequent now, Tiffany and Seohyun met today

Or it will be a unit debut followed by a full group comeback, if it were up to me I would have SHY - TTS - Oh!GG - OT8 Soshi

Imagine 4 cb in a year to pay for the 4 year hiatus, queen :clown::pepe-sad:

Because SNSD's popularity in 2009 tracends beyond Gee charting

Also, some of you really look at the song charting and goes, yep this song is bigger than XXX when the former exists in a whole different era. Gee was the most broadcasted song in South Korea in 2000-2010 and was chosen as Melon Song of The Decade when it was released in 2009.

In 2008, Taeyeon had her mega hit OST 'If' that is until today one of the most popular OST of all-time. Yoona has her mega hit leading role drama with 41% rating in average. Soshi had impressive individuality in their rookie years that boosts the group popularity

Also, SNSD has 2 consecutive hits that charted at #1 and #2 simulateonously in Gallup Korea in 2009, also them charting at #1 on Gallup that year. Genie Music Core special stage was watched by 8.6M viewers real-time.

Also, the most important point is SNSD was given the NGG title in 2010, when they charted at #1 again on Gallup Korea and Oh! and Hoot simulateonously chart at #1 and #2 of the same year. The album Oh! won Disk Daesang the same year. They were #1 on all age group survey in Gallup that makes them being called the Nation's Girl Group

Do not reduce their overall popularity to Gee when they are practically the biggest SK act at that time they are given the title eating top boy groups and seniors alive.

I believe Aespa will get to that level when SM starts to push Karina and Winter I guess, individually and them having top-selling album which I don't doubt they will. LOL having a top song doesn't immediately makes you known nationwide, let alone being the Nation's Girl Group

How is Tzuyu and Seohyun similar tho?

I don't see the similarities,even in their early days?

I know Tzuyu is kinda shy and rarely talks and is a really cute maknae that loves joking with her unnies

On the other hand, Seohyun is a witty nerd who occasionally told the Soshi girls that they would die just from a bite of a burger and act all innocent when needed. She's never really shy tho her early days was filled with her being Soshi's nutritionist

Tzuyu is more on the shy side, Seohyun for me is more on the innocent side I really don't see any sort of resemblance....

it's impossible if i'm being honest, idols get a song like this only one time in their life

just like Twice never surpassed Cheer up even with all their other songs

just like SNSD never release anything who surpassed Gee

or how SJ never did better than Sorry sorry

I just realised the next title after gg's breakthrough is a secure hit tho, Genie and TT

If Aespa secure back to back hit ala 2009 SNSD & 2016 Twice , they will sure create a HUGE gap between them and other 4th gen act

Go Aespa, SNSD junior rocks! :pepe-simp::pepelove: :pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1:

In a very conservative country like South Korea, this song is used as a symbol of hope for the youth to address highly conterversial things they refuse to address as a country like LGBTQ+ community, gender equality and power abuse :pepe-sad:

People might say Gee is SNSD's most impactful song, but I would say it's Into The New World. A timeless song that is used to open up a new generation that accept people for whoever they are, and the fact that the girls openly supports these movements is heartwarming

Girls' Generation will always be the textbook of girl groups, the perfect example of a successful girl group that change the game in the industry :pepe-heart-eyes:

SNSD deserves for both ITNW & Gee, The Kpop Blueprint indeed

Although I kinda disagree with No.1 post, I think its unfair to judge the song considering how there is no solid metrics to determine how much of a success/flop it is

Also, overseas includes markets like Japan, and BoA is a monster there during her prime so maybe No.1 impact is bigger than we know. Imagine a Korean female soloist making it big in Japan amidst the racial tension and discrimination towards Japan amongst Koreans is still high at the time

one of the member will make more money for them

I think this tactic is not what YG intend to do with Blackpink, hell why would they only focus on one girl when they can push 4 girls in different areas

YG know Blackpink is marketable individually, if they don't they won't send Lisa to China for her survival show mentoring, they won't allow Jisoo to act

As opposed to 2NE1 7 years with YG and Blackpink 5 years with YG, YG have made it clear that these girls are going to have more solo promotion, they know Blackpink as individuals is profitable , on the other hand that formula doesn't work with 2NE1 as they started to push CL after the group success, not while the group is at the top of their game

I would like to think that rather than YG pushing 1 girl and left other behind, they would actually push all 4 apart from each other as it is more profitable for them to do so. I would say the concern is more to would YG push them too much

The same formula why SM hates Taengsic and always try to have them being distant among each other

Jenlisa is the most powerful pair in Blackpink that fans have demanded for years for a subunit because they know these two goes well together, and it has always been the rule of thumb in the industry to not give what's in demand as it will have the potential to outgrow the group. Although it's nearly impossible to outgrow BP's popularity, but who knows what Jenlisa have might be too big for YG to control :eyes:

Gosh, I now realize how similar Taeyeon - Jessica pair and Jennie - Lisa is, maybe this is why Jennie is close to her as to not be too suffocated in all these idol tension and what's important is to preserve her friendship with Lisa, something Jessica might fail to do :pepe-sad:

, when the group was still active and not disbanded but his focus was on the solo artist and no longer on the group

Okay I kinda understand what you are saying , but nope I don't think YG is that dumb to push their new gg while abandoning 3 Blackpink members and only care about 1

The next thing they know , there would be 100 noisy trucks blasting Boombayah demanding for equal treatment

Also, all 4 girls have their own personal endorsements and if YG abandon them , they themselves know what to do and how to promote themselves in their freetime.

I hate to say it this way but 2NE1 girls has always been exclusive among themselves, I rarely hear them having close relationship with other ggs or important people in the industry? As opposed to them, Blackpink got A TON of friends in the industry . They will know how to survive . Jennie befriend the girl who cheat the system and become a millionare so I am sure she knows what to do to YG if the time comes :froghype:

Other than SNSD, my other faves don't really have that many full albums so I'm doing one for SNSD's full album

Oh! : The First Album (2010)

Girls' Generation : The 1st Japanese Album (2010)

The Boys (2011)

Girls & Peace ( 2012 )

I Got A Boy ( 2013 )

Lion Heart ( 2015 )

Holiday Night ( 2017 )

I think the ones that will lead these gens have debuted for sure

I would say AESPA is a promising act to keep an eye out for in the future. Next Level truly elevates them to the next level, what's left is what SM would do to keep up with their growing popularity

TXT - SKZ - Enhypen - Treasure - ITZY - STAYC - Weekly are also acts that have debuted that I believe would have their hit moment soon

Some groups that I will look out for: Starship GG & PNation BG , Starship because of the amazing rumoured line up and Pnation because I know Psy sure knows how to market his acts well

Considering how everyone from 2nd and 3rd gen is still going strong influence-wise, I think it is harder for these acts to shine but it is what it is, I hope none of these young talented people got their dreams snatched before their eyes :pepe-sad: