Posts by ItsActuallyMe

Yaosobi could actually reach 1 on youtube South Korea this week. It's close but they're leading for now.

Especially doing a Friday release in the same day as Taylor album :/ :/ Idk if it was the best strategy.

I know that this Friday release reaffirms kpop's obsession with the US market and the Billboard charts but imo kpop artists shouldn't be bothered about western artist as competition. It will only influence the positions on the charts but won't suddenly decrease the potential streams. Taylor will compete for the top 50 on the hot100 and for #1 on the BB200 chart, while newjeans will be competing for a place on the lower half of the hot100 and with their album potentially for top10 on BB200. And there are other markets besides the U.S. where a kpop artist will do much better and don't have to even be worried about Taylor blocking them.

And about the amount of 'tts' newjeans are doing in a short time, I would say that I expect it to go quite similar as with their debut. The songs that were teased first will get most of the attention, and then the final one(s), just like cookie, will be a bit behind them.

I remember reading a k-media article that said they would release the "mv and sound source" for 2 pre-releases this Friday. Would be very weird then if they don't release it on streaming services. Makes the Friday release even more useless then.

That global chart is still so weird to me. The local charting seems to be really important there anyway, Queencard is charting higher than Cupid right now and it's completely impossible Cupid isn't getting more streams globally looking at the Spotify numbers.

Yeah there needs to be a big gap with youtube and spotify streams to off set Korean charting. The first week that probably will be the case with Jungkook after that it remains to be seen

"In January, the Fair Trade Commission selected 'strengthening the basis for fair trade for small and medium-sized enterprises and small business owners' as a key task in the '2023 Major Business Promotion Plan'. One of them announced that it would intensively inspect unfair practices in the software (SW) and content fields and root industries to improve unfair practices in the subcontracting field."

Seems like this is part of the Korean FTC's 2023 agenda. A week ago they did a similar thing with Kakao Games, NCTSOFT, Netmarble and Nexon. I know that these kinds of contract issues are a problem in creative industries where I live as well, especially for freelancers, so I'm not surprised that these companies will make widespread use of it. Based on previous cases the FTC will most likely give out a so called corrective order which is basically just a warning.

Nice to see that Jungkook's Still With Me is doing alright on Melon. Had the best debut so far from the BTS soundcloud songs, and now that the first 24h are over it's still gaining some uls every hour.

When it comes to BTS solos I try not to expect too much, but I think Jungkook could do well. He probably will hit a new peak for a BTS solo song. Also will be interesting to see if he has a chance to win Gaon song of the month for July. NewJeans will of course do better in Korea but with the new global criteria Jungkook will offer tough competion. He will certainly dominate globally, especially the first few weeks.

The 13:00 release probably won't help the b side initial charting neither which is a really bad idea considering their momentum. They didn't even announce yet the hour of release or if this b side will have the MV released on the same day tho, we'll see.

I get why they would do a Friday release for the album but for the pre-releases I don't really see the point. I guess however if they're happy with the results they might stick with the Friday releases from now on, which I don't think would be a good idea. But that's just based on my deep hatred of kpop artists moving to friday releases for BB.

Idle and LSF feel like the most unique to me, although Idle has also moved on a bit from their earlier sound to a more gp friendly one. Same thing I would say for Aespa and now nmixx as well.

I hope nmixx can gain a bit after promo because these debut numbers don't look that promising. I wasn't expecting necessarily great numbers, but at least numbers that would show some growth.

Also, having listened to the song, I can't help but wonder if the gg sound and their concepts aren't becoming too homogeneous, making it difficult for some to stand out from the others. Maybe that's just me though

(G)I-DLE have 130k odd Melon followers and didn't get anywhere near 80% for Queencard.

yeah I probably should have specified that it would apply to groups that debuted more recently. Followers that an artist gained in the last couple of months are more likely to tune in simply because they're probably still using Melon more actively compared to those that started following years ago. Of course at some point the follower count will include more and more casuals who aren't inclined as much to immediately tune in.

When MMA voting starts we probably will get a better image again of how active the follower base is for each artist.

Interesting if that theory can extent to ZB1 as well. Currently at 20k followers, 80% should be a good 16k first hour ULs which in this day and age should be enough to debut top 100?

I imagine their fans will stream it a lot so I would almost be surprised if they didn't chart the first hour on it. Also with bgs this percentage might be way different as well. Haven't yet looked into that

newjeans will release song on friday

if it's typical friday release (i mean they will drop it at 13.00 instead of 18.00) i doubt first hour uls will be big

Ah right forgot about that. Definitely should have an impact. Only advantage will be that they have basically a full tracking day for the daily chart so that should increase their chances of debuting at 1 there on the first day. They would only need around 375k uls for that.

I'm kinda curious to see how nmixx will do tomorrow with their pre-release. Compared to their tt that will be released a week later, people won't be distracted yet by the newjeans comeback. So I could see the pre-release doing better than the tt.

About newjeans, I've noticed that their melon follower count (it's at 116k now) has increased drastically more than the other big 4th gen ggs. Now, for the last newjeans comeback the first hour uls were around 80% of their follower count at that time and Ive and LSF have had a similar percentage with I AM and Unforgiven. So if one of the newjeans songs repeats that you're looking at close to 100k first hour uls, which would just be crazy and sounds unrealistic, eventhough the numbers right now would back it up.

Not sure what to think of a random Korean indie label leaking this. Like, what's their connection to Attract and why would it be in their interest to leak it?

however, I have heard before that big advertisement campaigns on tiktok can cost upwards of $100,000 a week for a company, so 6 million sounds like a lot. If true, then it definitely served its purpose.

But in the end it doesn't really matter if it's true or not, in the age of algorithms hardly anything is consumed "organically". Only question is if we think that's a bad thing or not...

I’m gonna post about Japan, please let me know if this goes against the spirit of this thread

Don't think there are any rules for this thread anymore so it should be fine. I remember that the OP used to contain some rules about it, however, it's always hard to say directly to people that they can't post about a random achievement from their fave. Although sometimes it might be better if there are separate threads for certain big artist to prevent that there are pages just full of spamming achievements for one particular artist.

Does anyone know why the song currently at #7 is rising that much? It was one of the songs that were charting pretty good thanks to the 4W chart but it's rising a lot now suddenly. I don't think it's related to the new chart system because it's the only one doing this, it must have become viral somewhere.

I think it might be because of this cover that's been trending a bit on youtube SK

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mikel Irastorza is the name of the Leader of this terrorist group

Maria Soledad Iparraguirre was also a member of this leader group and she was at one point Friends/lover of Mikel

while Eva Foster is also the name of a spanish writer who was very close to this terrorist group

I think you got the Mikels mixed up there. The Maria you mentioned here had a relationship with Mikel Antza who was the leader of ETA until 2004 and got arrested in 2006. Mikel Irastorza meanwhile was a more recent leader and got arrested in 2016.

Also then don't know to which of these two Mikels this Eva Foster person is related to. Couldn't really find anything about her, only came across a very random article about the interior designer Mikel Irastorza (So many Mikels lol) who talked about a painting from Eva Jablosky. I do know about an Eva FOREST though, so maybe you mean her.

Anyway, for such a controversial theory, it at least seems important to me that you use the right names.

Hadn't realized before that 이세계아이돌, the virtual girl group created by a Korean twitch streamer, has quite a didicated fandom streaming them. Their song Lockdown only has 40k uls but is charting at 52 on the top100 chart. The previous tt from them topped out at 30k uls last year so there seems to be some growth as well. Something to keep an eye on.

guyso has added the new hot100 charts as well now btw

가이섬.com
    각종 국내 음원 차트 아카이빙 사이트로 지난 차트를 검색, 비교, 분석할 수 있습니다.
    xn--o39an51b2re.com

가이섬.com
    각종 국내 음원 차트 아카이빙 사이트로 지난 차트를 검색, 비교, 분석할 수 있습니다.
    xn--o39an51b2re.com

top 5 hot100 - 100 days:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

top 5 hot 100 - 30 days

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Guyso will private its API use, however, they have created an application form for those that still want to make use of it(with a limit):

가이섬.com API 사용 신청 안내
    안녕하세요, 가이섬입니다. 2023년 6월 25일자로 가이섬.com의 API 운영을 비공개적으로 시작합니다. API 적용 범위는 가이섬.com에서 공개되는 차트를 비롯한 각종 데이터 범위와 동일합니다. 다만, 이전 계획과는 다르게 비용상의 이유로 비공개적으로 운영하고자 구글 폼을 통해…
    blog.xn--o39an51b2re.com

Another question: Does anyone think New Jeans will break the peak UL record of 581k for 2023, currently held by I AM?

It probably will depend on the overall activity of Melon users. If one of the songs really stands out from their other ones then maybe it can reach 600k.

I'm more curious if they can reach OMG's first hour uls again. 70k was pretty crazy to see, especially after all the chart reforms, and it was on a holiday as well iirc. Maybe some day they'll reach 100k 1st hour uls, which for now only IU and BB seem to be able to reach