Posts by vzal

What an oddly specific barometer of success . This also tells us nothing. You could live in Iceland, where the sheep outnumber the people 3 to 1. :boompepe:

That tells me everything actually. It took Twice years to become known here and there are still only a handful of ppl who know them compared to BP and BTS. Only top Kpop acts are known here cuz no one here cares about Kpop.

It wasn't my intention to make this a flame war, I'm sorry if this was how it sounds

TWICE numbers are incredible, but touring numbers aren't enough to reflect on Spotify streaming charts. For streaming charts you need casuals. TWICE has a lot of casuals, but not in the same level as the 2 aforementioned groups. As such TWICe has a ceilling on how much they can get when releasing a song. The same is true for the 4th gen girlies, G Idle and LSRF are not flopping they simply don't have reached an audience big enough to pull 3 million plus daily streams for a single track

.. so basically spotify >>> touring for you

TWICE has a much bigger fandom and is a much more prestigious group than NJ for sure, but they don't have the same widespread appeal in western country's. NJ is everywhere among teens and Gen Z kids

OMG is only one year old and is already significantly bigger than any TWICE song on Spotify. It comes to no surprise that, despite having many time bigger discography and a new release single TWICE is already pulling less daily streams than NewJeans m. NJ has 9 songs pulling over 300k daily streams, TWICE has one I Got You

With only 18 months of existence and 3 comebacks NJs already have 47% of TWICE total streams. They are likely to have the same amount of streams TWICE has now before their third group anniversary

Why is your entire post NJ vs Twice lmao

Twice are selling out stadiums worldwide and are gonna end their tour with 1.5M attendees easily. They are def worldwide popular.

What in the holy Grail of false equivalence arguments is this? Why are you comparing the lifetime numbers of PN to the debut numbers of Easy? That literally makes no sense whatsoever. Easy had a BIGGER debut than PN, and that's all the data we have, so what is your basis for calling its numbers unimpressive, when they are better at debut than the song you're comparing it to?

Please make this make sense because the math ain't mathin.

I am not comparing it to PN. That's the thing. With how successful their last comeback was I simply expected higher streams. Like.. be objective, were any of you impressed by this mediocre debut because I wasn't. It is an underwhelming debut in my opinion.

It would be great if it does well later on cuz I like the song but the debut ain't great and that's my whole point.

PN didn't enter on the release day either, it grew gradually. Easy doing better than PN initial stats wise.

The current gg music is not what's trendy?? Wife, Super Lady, Untouchable, Sonar, Dash, All Night, Struck in the middle doesn't seems like the songs that global public will eat up. Easy is too early to say, if it's a grower for the public, it will pick up. I Got You need to go viral in order to do well idk.

Idk bruh, Le Sserafim coming back with another hype tracks like Unforgiven or Antifragile won't help them this year, Source Music made the right choice with Easy after PN success and Coachella soon.

:pepe-notes:

There's no saving I got you, even going viral won't help

We could do a deep dive into whether it's a consistent drop in streams from all regions or is it just some regions losing interest in kpop...

My bet is on Japan. Twice not doing their best there for quite some time now and they are the biggest active kpop group there. Ive and LSF are also big there.

so the time come huh?

now we finally have threads 'how much spins' on spo instead of 'how much views' on yt :eyeroll-pepe:

it's all rock'n'rolla paid paid paid payolaaaaa :swing-pepe:

Lol, it was bound to happen. Spotify >>> YT for a while now.

Yeah I don’t understand your point because it doesn’t make sense, if you’re not comparing the debuts between the two songs then there’s nothing else to compare them with because EASY just dropped yesterday and so far EASY has better debut numbers. Yes, the only logical thing would be to see how their numbers go the rest of the week. You may have an argument with IDLE and IVE but not really with LSF.

All I am saying is for PN's success or how much y'all hyped it, Easy debut is underwhelming. Perfect Night is their biggest song. Did 100+ days on Spotify and AM. 1.4M streams debut after that is not impressive at all. Sorry.

Sis when did I ever talk about its debut ;(

No, you're not understanding me correctly.

Was perfect night viral or not? Its their longest charting song on Spotify behind AF. Also their biggest song in Japan and USA. It's fine if you think these numbers are okay. But lbr, they are not. They will prolly go up tomorrow but let's see by how much.

How is lsfm flopping on spotify? And I am not sure which numbers people expected for IVE's remake lol

Which is why I said singles. I've Mine era titles didn't do well either. All night also pulled less streams than I Do by Idle which was a ballad.

Lsf was 15hrs. We'll see tomorrow how much they increase. Also playlisting was really less. Fearnots were saying only 7M playlist reach.

Le sserafim debut isn’t underwhelming at all. With only a tracking period of 15hrs they were able to crack the Spotify global at 1.4mill. Not only that, this is their highest peak in Spotify US.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

Aren't Le sserafim numbers actually good for filtered streams with 15 hours tracking?

1.5M is actually very good.

Friday releases which are said to have full day tracking only have 4 hours more so i don't understand this 15 hours of tracking thing. At most their streams would have increase by 200k which would bring them to 1.6M which is still meh for a Hybe GG who had the biggest non NewJeans GG song last year.

Perfect Night was EVERYWHERE. It's still charting on Spotify. Coming off from that, Easy' debut is indeed underwhelming.

Their US streams are def impressive tho. If they continue like this, a bubbling under entry is possible. How is it doing on itunes?