Posts by sliceofmozarella

Yuju's title track is Without U, not Full Circle (it's a b-side). Kindly check the the teaser, it's like a catchy pop ballad and sounds really good to me.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Frankly, based on the album preview, I was initially skeptical and thought that I wouldn't enjoy it as much.

However, after hearing the full-song... God, that song is very odd and interesting, in a good and intriguing way. I just can't help but to play it over and over again. Here's why:

• The tempo isn't as upbeat as many summer songs we have nowadays.
    • The drop was laid back and chill. They're not trying to create a summer party anthem, but they created the perfect song when you literally chilling by the beach sipping a coconut water.
    • There are some weird and unexpected switch-ups in terms of instrumentation. Eunha's flowy part in the 2nd verse? Hello, like where the fvck does that came from? Also, a sudden electro-synths on SinB's rap bridge?
    • A bit of 80's influence peeking through here and there with the snare, just enough to add some flavors.
    • There was this kind of "hollow" sounds from the instrumental which give this song sort of a refreshing undertones.

I really like Loveade, because they made all those elements above able to go together in a song cohesively, without making it too jarring. Not to mention the "I love it, love it, love it, Ice Loveade" was really catchy.

It was my 2nd favorite song of the album (tied with #Flashback), and damn... the album itself was a summer masterpiece, in my opinion.

Did mnet really rig mama rookie award for one of their groups before? At their time Wanna One was the strongest rookie( I think), I.O.I faced monster rookie Blackpink, but they had album sales and their digitals even if weaker than BP were good too, I don't keep up with awards a lot to know about a possible mama scandal lol

2015's MAMA gave ROTY to a 1 month-old TWICE (who came from SIXTEEN, a survival show created by JYP Entertainment and Mnet), which I find quite absurd because literally all the other awards gave it to GFriend who's slaying all the other rookies at that time due to the virality, impact, and chart success of Me Gustas Tu. At that time MGT already achieved 1M downloads on Gaon (neck in neck with Big Bang's Bang Bang Bang & AOA's Heart Attack as one the most downloaded group songs of the year), while Like Ooh-Aah was struggling to crack into Gaon's Top 20.

Based on my perspective, there are several things that actually might've been a factor as to why SinB said this.

Each group was told to chose one act that they thought performed worse than them. Hyolyn, Brave Girls, and Kep1er chose VIVIZ.

- Hyolyn gave a more technical reason and performance-based: she said that because VIVIZ performed a mash-up of two hit songs, there were no stand out moments that strikes her.

- Brave Girls reason: VIVIZ's perform first so they couldn't remember how it goes.

- Kep1er's reason: They saw VIVIZ performance and thought they did really well at first, but then saw Hyolyn performance and it was even better, so they chose VIVIZ as the worse one.

SinB took Hyolyn's feedback as a constructive criticism and humbly accepted it, but was left confused by BG & Kep1er's reason as she thought it seemingly sounds like an excuse. Especially Kep1er's reason (which was probably the root of the fanwar between VIVIZ's stan VS Kep1ians) - in which SinB thought was simply just comparing VIVIZ's and Hyolyn's without considering the other groups performance, when in fact the initial question is "Who do you think did worse than your group?" and not "Who do you think did worse than Hyolyn?"

These whole thing might be the reason why SinB said this, because the two teams that placed lower than them voted them as the worse, but didn't actually give any criticism. So she would feel like a fool if VIVIZ actually ranked below them.

To each their own, but based on what I've seen and heard so far, seems like it's only the international audiences that said Viviz's performance was boring.

K-Netz were literally sobbing in awe because to them the performance felt very nostalgic, elegant, and divine. Literally, 7 spots out of the Top 10 trending articles in Pann were occupied by Viviz, and most of the comment speaks highly of their performance. Many of them said that the performance flow like a beautiful storytelling, and it's also theatrical as there were many symbols and visual imagery within the choreography, not just a mere movement (I'm surprised K-Netz actually being that observant, tbh). They said the members delivered the gloomy and longing, but serene expressions at the same time, which very well suited for the song. Make sense though, since how many variety of expressions can you portray with that song? They can't cry for real during a performance.

Seriously, K-Netz and many other people from the industry cried for them that night (some that I know from SinB's Bubble chat were WJSN's Eunseo & Exy, Kep1er's Yeseo, SISTAR's Soyou, Lovelyz's Jiae, and of course, the members of GFriend). What surprised me the most is Hyuna, tbh. Yes, THE Hyuna. Girl was literally bawling after watching Viviz's performance (one of her dancers uploaded an Instagram story of her crying as miserable as Buddies lol).

GFriend & VIVIZ also occupied Melon trending search on #1 & #3 respectively, and Twitter trending topics, right after the episode airs (well, they've been trending a lot ever since Episode 0, tbh).

I personally felt the performance was a bit lacking in terms of vocal arrangement and delivery as I found the vocal projection is a bit too soft for my liking and there are no "climax". As a whole though, I think they did a really good job.

You can produce variety of vocal colors and styles with technique. So, technique it is.

For example, SNSD's Sunny. She's not the most amazing vocalist whatsoever, but she at least got the basics down (breath support, decent mixed voice, good head voice, though her low notes sucks tbh). Now, try to compare her lines in "Party" VS "You Think", or try to watch her musical performances. That's quite a range of vocal variations and she uses her technique to adapt.

Speaking of the members, I would like to address the misinformation surrounding Sowon & Yerin. Many people (non-Buddies) thought that they've decided to choose a different career path and don't want to go back to the idol route. That's actually not the case.

IOK Company mostly known for their Actor/Actress management, but ever since Sowon joined, apparently the CEO have been asking her on "how to manage idol's schedule" (Sowon said it herself, I forgot where). Then, by December 2021, the girl-group Elris was transferred and become IOK's first idol group. After that, there has been updates on their website and Sowon is currently under two divisions: Actress, and also Singer, along with the members of Elris and B.I's iKON.

Sowon is also the most vocal one about "I'm still GFriend, GFriend's not over." thingy. Recently, she went on V-LIVE and show Buddies that she has logged in into GFriend's V-LIVE account. She said that the account belongs to the members, and that she's still a member, no one can take it (she probably already changed the password so Source Music can't use it. What a Queen!).

As for Yerin with Sublime Artist Agency, she signed under the Entertainer Division (alongside GOT7's Youngjae & Rain). So her projects are not limited to acting only. Which has been proven as she's currently doing literally everything, from dramas, to MC-ing, to appearing on variety shows, to participate in a collaboration with singers.

With that being said, looking at where they stand and their current company, I'll say it's possible for them to promote as a group with VIVIZ. The thing that might hold them back is that they can't use GFriend's name anymore (yes, f*ck Source Music!). So, if they decided to have a reunion, they will need to find a new name (which basically a "debut" just like VIVIZ) or make it a VIVIZ featuring Sowon, Yerin, & Yuju.

She's about to have her actress debut! She has TWO upcoming web-drama, both as the main role. She already finished filming for one (or maybe both).

She sign with Sublime Artist Agency. Not as an actress though, but as an "Entertainer", so she could have wide range of activities. Recently, a male singer (that I forgot the name) accidentally gave out a spoiler that he's going to have collaboration with Yerin. So yeah, girlie still wants to sing.

Nobody can sing? As long as you can follow the key and carry a tune without going pitchy for half of the song and got people mistaken you for a tone deaf, then you can sing. So the answer is none, probably.

Now if the question means: nobody can sing TECHNICALLY WELL... I'm going to break it to you that out of a whole group with 4 or more members, usually there are only 3 vocalists (at most, if they're lucky) that know how to sing with at least an average understanding of vocal technique. Unless it's SNSD, who had 5. Or Mamamoo/BEG who each only have 3, but their technique development is more than average.

Fell in love with Yuju since this pre-debut vocal training video came out...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

then gradually fell in love with the rest. OT6 for life!

Finally, I've been out of KPOP since the news about their disbandment. However, I actually knew what the members have been up to since I follow each of them on Instagram. So here I am, trying to be informative and clarify some of the things that people in this thread have been talking about.

Why does some people called VIVIZ as sub-unit?

Because their profiles on Melon said so. Recently after the announcement of the group name, their artist channel were up on Melon, and VIVIZ is labeled as a unit group of GFriend. The members also written as Eunha (GFriend), SinB (GFriend), and Umji (GFriend).

How are the girls and their relationship?
    Very well and still BFF. Despite having joined different agencies, ALL OF THEM only follow each other individual accounts on Instagram. They're not following any of their other friends outside of GFriend, not even following their current agency, nor their previous or current group account (for VIVIZ case). Buddies still get plenty amount of their togetherness, recently we got:

- EVERY members posted photos of Yuju on their IG Story to congratulate her on her birthday, and Yuju reposted all of them with cute and thankful replies.

- All of them, as one, sent coffee trucks to Yerin who's currently filming a drama. They still called themselves members of GFriend on the coffee truck's banner. Yerin posted a photo of this on her IG Story with captions: "They're always the very best. I'm so touched." and tag all the other 5.

- Umji shared screenshots of their temporary group chats without Yerin (to plan the surprise coffee truck) and all of them still talk like a messy siblings. Love them.

- SinB went on IG Live with WJSN's Eunseo, and she said "...our members. GFriend's members".

- Sowon also left a comment on SinB's IG live and she replied "Sowon-unnie, our leaders."

- ALL of the members liked, some even commented, on the news about VIVIZ on Eunha, SinB, and Umji's IG accounts.

- Yerin promoted VIVIZ on her Universe platform.

As far as career goes?

- Sowon signed as an Actress under IOK Company. Recently starred in NYFW, and got her acting debut as the main role on a cinerama (cinema drama) with Chanwoo from iKON as her co-star.

- Yerin signed with Sublime Artist Agency. Has released a song cover (something that weirdly she's never done while at Source), and already got TWO web-dramas under her belt, both as the main role.

- Yuju signed with KONNECT Ent. as a Soloist. Recently attended Buddy's event for her 24th birthday celebration.

- And... you already know the news about Eunha, SinB, and Umji.

Disbandment theory and people's thoughts?

As you might know, not long after the "disbandment", Hybe & Source proposed a trademark for GFriend's name but currently still under examination. Due to VIVIZ being labeled as a unit, and the members (as well as K-Medias) still identifies themselves as GFriend, many people think that they're currently fighting for GFriend's name. Especially since you can track the process through eg.kipris.or.kr, and there are indeed a few parties "fighting" to get the name.

Looking back while GFriend still under SouMu, the members has expressed many times that the agency is limiting their freedom to pursue activities aside from group projects. Very much so, to the point that SinB said she was not allowed to post any dance covers, Yerin wasn't allowed to open her own YouTube account, Sowon's got acting offer but was rejected by the company, Yuju haven't gotten her way overdue solo debut, etc. All of the musical creativity like part-taking in writing lyrics or composing/arranging are also limited to only group projects.

Based on these, some people assume that: as the girls were approaching their 7th year, they'll be getting less comeback, but the company is also not supporting them to have side activities. In other words: they'll be in the dungeon most of the time. Especially since Hybe & SouMu is preparing to debut another girl groups (it's sort of similar to 2NE1 & Blackpink's cases). The girls are known to be quite vocal, and they value 6 or nothing - they literally have shut down akgaes at an event and also on social media - so I would not be surprised if they insist on something that probably leads to contract termination. For your information, based on Hybe's calendar, their renewal supposed to happen on November this year, so the May's incident was definitely unplanned.

Why they didn't sign again together then?

- It's quite hard to sign together as 6, unless they build their own agency.

- Rumor said that a lot of companies have been approaching some of the members (particularly Yerin, Sowon, & Yuju) since the incident, notice it didn't take long for them to sign to a new company right? Yerin in July, Sowon in August, and Yuju in September. However, their respective companies all have shown that they can be quite flexible and have hinted to support possible group activities. Yerin is in the same company as Got7's Youngjae who is still allowed to have group activities with Got7 members, IOK's CEO, an actress company, asking Sowon for advice on how to manage schedule for singers, and Yuju's profile on KONNECT's website still includes all of her GFriend's stuff. For that reason, their decision to sign with these company might be a solution where they can have solo activities but will still be allowed to have group activities.

- BPM Ent. was a baby, and probably weren't even active yet to sign all 6 of them back then. So they took Eunha, SinB, Umji and create a unit of GFriend that will be the base of possible future group activities (which is basically the same case like SM with Oh!GG and Tiffany, Sooyoung, and Seohyun).

(Hopeful) Conclusion?
    They do have their own dreams, but they also still want to be a group of 6 people known as GFriend. Once they got the trademark, there is almost 90% chance of a full group comeback/reunion.

It's true that she had regressed but she's been doing better since last year. And she's still better than/on par with Mamamoo even with the regress. There is absolutely no way she's on the same level with Seulgi, Jihyo & Jeongyeon...

You are correct.

She had regressed, her sustained 5th octave notes carried tension but her phrased ones are mostly supported. So it's more of a consistency issues. Plus, she's been trying a different approach in singing which sometimes requires an implementation of bad vocal habits, this might be a factor as well.

However, she also improves in another department. Her low notes are better than ever, supported down to G#3 and even G3. Plus, she also have a connected and supported head voice up to F5 - and among 3rd generation vocalists, Wendy is the only one better than her in this department.

Yuju still has G3/G#3 - C5 - F5 with fair consistency. She should be above Hwasa, but probably below Wheein.