Posts by 3-percenter

I like it...I prefer Money to lalisa though

"Money" has such a....bittersweet sound to it. Like the person in the song is bragging about all the money they have, but feels empty inside. It's a boast song, but the instrumentation, the music, is kind of tragic, at least to me.

I like it. It hits me harder in the same way that "Gone" was more powerful to many people than "On The Ground." And it just sounds nasty. (In a good way)

If the top comments are hatred, the smaller comments will be like that too and it also appears oppositely....

....But again, it is FAR from being a flop. It is a success. Although some of the Blonks criticized I Can't Stop Me and called it a flop when it clearly did better internationally than Korea, I won't hold the grudge to shit on Lisa because of that.

Yes, you're right. There is a lot of "bandwagoning" in Kpop where one or two posts, especially if the poster is known and respected by the readers, can sway opinions one way or another noticably and sharply. I think it is because many Kpop fans are very young.....

As far as charting in Korea, promotions haven't started yet for Lalisa. Her first music show is Inkigayo next weekend (Sept. 19th). So it's possible that the song will rise in the charts like other songs that "flopped" in their first week. This year seems to have a lot songs that have done that (Next Level, Dumb Dumb and so forth).

I really agree with your observation about the song.

About Vietnam, it's not Thailand but it's China, you know, many of them are still fans of Chinese idols even though we don't have a good relationship with China considering our past.

So to say Vietnam hates Thailand is not true. For instance, many people are still fans of Lukkade Metinee, Bee Namthip or Cris Horwang bc they liked The Face Thailand. And some of us, including me, like BL actors like BrightWin (my fave), MewGulf, BKPP,...

The only thing that Vietnam and Thailand generally has a "beef" is probably football in SEA. Vietnam football team usually has a general fear when we face Thailand and we usually lose, but that changed since Park Hang-seo. So that is probably our biggest "beef" haha.

Being a neighbor, I think Vietnam and Thailand are fine, we don't have any bad feelings. And for Lisa personally, there are TONS of her fans here, and tons of fans of other Thai idols. We are very happy though.

Thanks for explaining. I really didn't know, I was just trying to find an explanation. I didn't think there were problems between the two countries. I used to work with someone who was half Vietnamese/half Thai. He never said there were any problems.

I still don't know why there would be hate comments about Lisa in Vietnam, or anywhere. Her solo is really bringing out a lot of ugliness in a lot of people, in unexpected places. Not just her song, but her personally being attacked for choosing the songs, she should have known better, etc. I'm getting angry about it. I'm starting to think her akgaes may be right.

everybody is entitled to their opinions...

you can't please everyone so of course there's going to be people who like you, ambivalent or even hate you - comes with being human and all

That's true, of course, and wise.

But Kpop songs seem to have a built-in hate ratio before they are even released.

I hope Teddy says to the Pinks something along the lines of, "Look, this song is going to get a lot of hate, and a lot of love. Just remember to see the faces of the haters in every zero behind the first numbers in your royalty checks."

The first time I heard the song, during the YouTube debut, I was like, "well, it's not hard hitting...but the video is beautiful...."

The second and third time I heard it, I noticed I was just bouncing my head and vibing to it, and just accepting that I liked the way the song felt. I don't analyse it, I just like it.

I think the song will grow over time the way other songs like "Dumb Dumb" and "Next Level" grew in the weeks ahead...but people are shocked that it's not doing as well as expected NOW. I don't think it will reach "Next Level" status, but I think it will do respectably over time.

I don't know why she gets so much hate. I would think that Vietnam would support her because she represents SEA, but maybe that's too simple a way of looking at the world, and that region of the world. How does Vietnam feel about Thailand generally? When the French were there there was a war in 1940 over the border, but that was colonialism. Do the two peoples dislike each other? Could that have something to do with it?

I agree with you. The first part that jumped out at me was the "Baby, get the megaphone" rap. The rap was so clean and I love her tone. She looks sooo good in that pant suit. She was dressed like Agent Scully from the X-files (if your old enough to remember that). And "Polisa" should be iconic now. (Wait....she was with the "Polisa" (police-Lisa) in the first part...but was a pole-dancer in the second part...Pole Lisa.) I just noticed that......

I live in the U.S. I already bought Lisa's album on KTown4u. Now I'm going to buy it again on ITunes. I'll do whatever I can to help.

I wrote a long-ass paragraph about charting but deleted it because I really don't know what works or doesn't work. I think Lisa will promote in S Korea in the weeks ahead. The big holiday there is holding up some promotions, but I think she'll chart better there after that.

The second or third time I listened to Lalisa, I found I was just bouncing along to the "lalisa's." I liked the feeling of just being lost in the music. I guess the repetitiveness creates a mood for me. I'm glad I bought the album!

They're going on a rollercoaster with smart watches to measure their heart rate. The team with the lowest average during the ride wins. Before they get on, Jennie says, "what if I have a heart condition? What if it always beats fast?" How can you not love how competitive they are?

I wish they did more content. They always make me smile. Jisoo's too cute.

I just came back from the movie. It's worth going to see if,

1) You don't think you'll be able to go to a concert someday. Hearing the songs with the theater speakers is almost like their concert...and I saw them in Los Angeles and lost my hearing for about 12 hours. The Movie is pretty close to the sound and experience of seeing them. They look especially good on a big screen, and even if you've seen The Show or fancams, you can see details you miss on a computer or TV screen. Most people at a concert have to look at the big video screens anyway because they are so far from the stage....

2) You didn't get to see The Show. The first half of the movie is from The Show, but like I said, it hits different. The rest of the movie has The Show, 2019 tour, and their first concert footage mixed together for each song. It felt like a mini-concert to me.

3) You want to see how much Jisoo adds to each song. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She also said there will be a 6 year anniversary and and 7 year anniversary to look forward to.

4) You want to get emotional with Lisa. She made me cry with her sincerity and humbleness. In most of her interviews she speaks Thai, which was beautiful. She calls herself a little woman in Thai.

5) You want more YG shade from Jennie. She says she hopes Blinks will get out some frustrations by seeing the movie. I took that to mean frustrations from no new music, but maybe she meant Covid.....

6) You want to hear an extended explanation of music from Rosé and how she approaches it. Jennie talks about her shyness and how she overcomes it to perform.

7) You want an experience with Blinks. I got there late and in the darkness couldn't see how many people were there. I sat up front and was alone. I didn't think more than 5-6 people were there behind me. When the movie ended I was happy: most of the seats above me were filled. Some had their lightsticks. And people stayed all the way through the credits. They didn't want to leave.

8. You want to see the Crazy dancers close up. Their energy really brings alot to the shows.

9) You want to see how hard the choreography really is. You see it so close that you really feel the hard work of rehearsing it. (At least I did; I never thought about the process of dancing before I got into Blackpink.)

Bottom line: even if you've seen a lot of the stuff in the Movie, it just feels and sounds different in a movie house/theater. It really was a good experience. I hope people see it who might not get to experience a live concert.