Posts by sharkbomb

I pretty sure won young ever lived in Taiwan. Her grand parents (father's side) are from mainland China, and moved early on to Korea (before the korean war). Her father was actually born in Korea, but is ethnically Chinese. Neither her father nor grand parents ever lived in Taiwan.

What about wonyoung? Does she speak mandarin?

I just found out that nayeon tested as an introvert or whatever those initials meant. There is absolutely no way nayeon is an introvert. I think what the test meant was that nayeon valued her alone time and was reflective. But by no means does that mean nayeon is like a loner who can’t make friends. Quite the opposite really, nayeon thrives with attention on and off stage. Now dahyun in a way I can see being introvert. But nayeon does not switch on and off her idol personality and even if she does, it’s with little distinction/difference. Her personality is natural. I’ve been on reddit and even they said nayeon comes off more real. Hell twice members said once I recall that nayeon would turn on vlive just because she was feeling particularly happy, I’m paraphrasing. Nayeon is a dominant mood maker.

The downside for ggs is that even though they go viral, they can just as quickly disappear; I’m looking at momoland. In both cases, the public isn’t into ggs or bgs. Ggs get lucky that they get a song that’s listened to by the public, but then they get pigeonholed into replicating the same concept which will get old and thus aren’t really taken seriously. Ggs are treated a little gimmicky which is why random ggs go viral: ohmygirl, momoland, exid, brave girls, etc. Only big3 ggs seem to maintain a fanbase.

But the BIGGEST reason I feel like is related to sexism. From my experience looking at Korean media culture, online Korean female influencers get popular by dancing gg dances. And because ggs can’t really dance in sexually revealing or suggestive outfits, it’s the influencers that will show massive cleveage and wear yoga pants. There’s always a big male audience for this. There have been several dances recently that got really viral amongst the Korean influencers I follow, and they always get so much views. Stream numbers go up once they start dancing. It’s a big part of Korean streaming influencer culture

Yo I agree here with everything. Great take

Wonyoung and yujin have the most chances to not fall into post-ioi stagnation. They will likely be in a new gg, already have fans in Japan and China. We also have seen wonyoung able to be the face. Yujin has great vocals, variety skills, English skills and visuals. Now you just need members to supplement them. Like you said, they kinda need to be tall, hopefully not too hard. Starship can add a Japanese member and boom, that’s a top gg. Big potential

Sakura also has a big chance to not be doomed by post ioi stage, mostly because hybe and whatnot.

Hyewon- i don’t see her in a new gg, she can’t carry a group and I don’t know anything about her label.

Minju- don’t know much about urban works either, she might be dia chaeyeon which is sad. No solo potential

Chae won and eunbi- I think they’ll join rocket punch. Bad thing is rocket punch is not new so not hype. Solo potential but hard to gauge how successful

Yena- too much benefit for yurhwa if she joins ever glow. Has solo skills but idk

Hitomi nako- no idea. I secretly wish starship signs nako so she can join yujin and wonyoung

Yuri- idk, should join fromis. I don’t think solo is good for her

Chaeyeon- solo? Up in the air for her

What do you think?

Right. I know about jungkook having round doe innocent eyes. That’s why I asked.

But yeh biggest eyes could just be volume, not necessarily round. But jungkook probably does have biggest eyes in bts.

V is weird because he has a single eyelid. His eye shape is different to one another. V or Jin maybe Jhope for 2nd.

Thinking about visuals and have a question. Was luhan main visual when he was in exo? Was he hyped visually by fans? Thing about luhan is I find him to be the definition of a flower boy, dude is real pretty. Gives me jungkook vibes but 10x more pretty. All I know is that sehun had major visual hype back in the early days. Also, Was suho not hyped during early exo? My pick for visual today is definitely suho and I think he’s the main visual now but debut suho didn’t seem that special yet. He grew into his look.

Imma little disappointed that it was GD. Not because i have an issue with him personally, but the problem is that he is no longer really an active idol.

Imagine if Jennie was outed as dating a BTS member like V. The Internet would have exploded, nobody would be talking about middle school bullying rumors for like two weeks, EVERYONE would be obsessed with the dating scandal.

so jennies love life is about media attention for you??