Posts by bigsmhit

Emmm his management filmed him raping a 14 years old to blackmail him, so miss me with your bullshit, and your fake human rights concerns! How come you care about muslims, North Korea, Hong Kong etc but raped girls are liars and conspirators??? Because you fancy this fugly POS. You're pathetic!

Has that been confirmed or is it all unsubstantiated rumor coming from the twitter of china ?

As a matter of fact, I do think that there wouldn't be smoke without fire, but I wouldn't be surprised if the ccp exaggerated events as a pretext to control idol culture which they already dislike.

Could I just get a moment appareciation for xiaoting's visuals. Couldn't say I noticed her much in chuang 2020, probably because the chuang2020 visual pool was so deep.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 11.26.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-01 at 11.26.08 AM.png

I think death penalty is a possible outcome as well. Not sure how likeley it is.

I don't care enough to look more into it, but basically you're saying she's had 7+ years to accumulate a fanbase in China, vs a group that debuted a year before covid started.

2x

Don't think a singer who doesn't really speak chinese would accumulate much of a fanbase in china even if you gave her 20 years. Besides for most of the 7 years she was struggling with lyme disease

And not sure if covid really had an impact. Cai xukun and wang yibo pretty much went from nobodies to a listers in that time span

Xiao Zhan became a serious actor once XNine went into a hiatus and since then he had focused 100% on acting and not singing.

Also weibo followers mean nothing when most people buy them. Buying power of fans and selling tickets is the what gives you an accurate view of how’s real popular.

My point is that acting is a sure fire way for idols to gain relevance compared to releasing hit songs in china bc the market for idol music isn't as important as it is in korea. All of china's most popular young celebrities do acting and singing but are known mainly from their dramas or survival shows, maybe except tfboys but they started really young. While weibo followers can be bought, when someone has 5x the amount of the other, it usually is a safe bet that one is a lot more popular. Anyway, if you count solos from any nine percent member it will

You do make great points which certainly play a factor but sm could certainly do better.

1. While the pandemic has hurt , it has not hurt promotion for other idol groups like the9 and oaca girls who got big during the pandemic. Yuehua is also a chinese-korean company and they've worked past it.

2. Cai Xukun started in 2018, Li wenhan and zhou zhennan started in 2019. Wang yibo and xiao zhan only really got popular in 2019. Most idols except tfboys started around that time. Even musicians like Mao buyi and GAI got big around that time

3. Exo started in a special time where they were the number one kpop group no question and there was little domestic competition. At any rate, they do their chinese promotions solo and by the time they entered china, luhan tao and kris had left sm.

Maybe breakup is too harsh, but sm should really be focusing their energy into the more popular guys and pushing them into dramas and survival shows etc. Spinning lucas/winwin the two most popular idols in china allows them to focus on the mainland market, while the rest can focus on the overseas market (mainly overseas chinese) which is also a very important but distinct market responsible for much of their current success.

A good example is yuehua, while uniq and nex7 had not disbanded technically, their more popular members are marketed seperately with their own regular varieties, dramas, and solos

that's what they're doing tho??? lucas goes on so many variety shows lol lucas and winwin are the face of the group rn

They aren't doing it enough, its one thing to be a guest on an variety show after all, there's a different guest every week on the many variety shows out there, but its the other to star in a well received drama or be a regular host of a popular tv show.

so why do you think they'll be better broken up? wouldn't they be flops without winwin then? winwin is helping them grow in popularity then, if im following what you're saying correctly. and if i am, then that also means that sm's strategy is still working for wayv.

The point isn't for wayv to be popular in china, the point is for a sm representative to. In China, fans usually stan one guy rather than an entire group. In keeping up with the local culture, it would be better to promote winwin or lucas, the two most popular idols as solo artists and give them solo opportunities like variety shows and dramas which is what gets these solo artists popular which is what yuehua has done with yibo, what jyp did with jackson, and sm with lay

jackson wang was weibo? he's relevant? weibo followers don't determine that lol. avril lavigne is an American artist, its given she's going to have a bigger impact consider her current status as an artist. she's popular, and people know her. i also don't understand why you're stuck on winwin when he was the first Chinese member introduced (other than chenle and renjun from nct dream) ofc he's going to be the most popular out of wayv. winwin is a popular bias of many.

Your point? Jackson has 27 million weibo followers still way more than any wayv member although he honestly isn't that popular in china compared to overseas, his forbes ranking is only 41. The point is that none of the wayv members have much relevance since the rest of them have less popularity than winwin who himself isn't that popular.

This list is pretty accurate for judging relevance in china. There's no wayv members on it. Idk why you think wayv is relevant in china. They are a pretty niche group there

https://www.dailycpop.com/forb…elebrities-list-for-2020/

i feel like you don't understand, sm isn't targetting just china with nct. they're going global. and wayv is currently one of the most popular if not most popular group in china rn anyways, i see no reason they would need to change their tactic.

Thats fair, but wayv is honestly pretty irrelevant in china right now. In terms of weibo followers, wayv members are nowhere near a lister celebrities and none of them make the forbes top 100 chinese celebrities which is full of other boy group members. If nct wants to penetrate mainland china, they will need to change their tactic.

Chinese Idols In terms of weibo followers:

winwin (most popular wayv) 4 million

Avril Lavigne - An american who doesn't speak chinese who isn't even relevant in america at the moment 4.5 million

Li wenhan uniq 13 million

Zhou zhennan r1se 18 million

Xiao Zhan Xnine 20 million

Cai xukun 9 percent 34 million

Wang yibo uniq 38 million

Wang junkai tfboys 80 million

Jackson yee tfboys 88 million

Compared to other idols, winwin, the most popular wayv member is very far behind everyone else. They are far from being the most popular boy group in china and frankly if they just catered to a chinese audience, they'd be flops without the international fanbase

Its no secret that LSM wants to expand in China however its not very going smoothly. If we look at weibo followers, their most followed member winwin at 4 million has less followers than Avril Lavigne at 4.5 million who isn't exactly relevant in america at the moment. Predictably winwin has more than twice as many followers as wayv itself with only 1.5 million None of the wayv members are on the forbes 100 list to join relevant chinese idols like tfboys, cai xukun, yibo, and zhou zhennan. Anecdotally when I went to china, nobody, even my tfboys obsessed aunt knew who they were.

However, the way up for them is simple. The chinese market are usually solo stans rather than group stans. Even TFboys, the most popular chinese group at the moment mostly does solo activities because the vast majority of their fans only stans one member. SM would do best by following yuehua blueprint with wang yibo, promoting one member by putting him in talk shows and dramas and letting him impress the crowd. Luckily, sm has their guy.

Enter winwin. Much of yibo's early claim to fame was his dance which is in fact really good. However winwin is also a very skilled dancer who has even entered the Beijing dance academy which is only available for the best of the best dancers in china so its safe to say that he likely is in the same tier as yibo in terms of dance. While I'm not sure about his acting, the next step would need to be to put him in a drama. It would be better if SM could get lay into the drama as well as lay is one of the biggest idols in china and is an instantly recognizable name. In addition, winwin seems to be the one that fits chinese visuals the best. (tall 180+ and sharp features)

If sm wishes to get wayv relevant in china, they likely should split wayv up and focus on solo activities with most of the energy on the already popular members lucas and winwin because likley only 1 or 2 would actually make it big in china. The other members can form their own subunit to appeal to overseas chinese communities which is also a big and seperate market