Posts by dontwannacry04

The title may be a little stretch (saying it to be humble), but Seventeen/ BSS really popped off this year, it’s genuinely mind-boggling how a comeback that was meant for laughs and jokes between the artist and its fanbase received such great response overall. Hence, I decided to share their 2023 records with everyone.

SVT/ BSS’s 1st single album ‘Second Wind’ records so far (February 24th, 2023):

• Their title track ‘Fighting’ debuted straight into the Top 10 of Melon Top 100 chart to reaching a peak of #2 on Melon Top 100 and #1 on Melon Real-time chart.
    • Their peak positions on the k-daily charts are also very noteworthy:

Melon Daily: #4 (is expected to rise to #4)

BUGs Daily: #4 (is expected to rise)

Genie Daily: #9 (they are the first boy group to enter the top 10 in 2023)

VIBE Daily: #10 (they are the first boy group to breech the top 10 of this chart in 2023)

• ‘Fighting’ also recorded a position of #9 on Melon Weekly chart and #5 on Circle Digital chart upon debut.
    • On Melon Weekly chart is has reached a peak of #5.
    • The song has surpassed over 1M unique listeners on Melon within 17 days of tracking, making them the first boy group to achieve this milestone within 2023.
    • ‘Fighting’ has surpassed 260k in real-time ULs on Melon, and it is the first song by a boy group to do so since July 2022’s Yet To Come and Still Life (and is expected to keep rising).
    • It has officially surpassed 270k real-time ULs. It remains as the song with the highest ULs peak by a boy group this year.
    • ‘Second Wind’ has sold over 720k copies alone on the Circle Chart, setting a new record of the best selling album by a sub-unit in K-pop history.
    • To add on, ‘Second Wind’ also holds the record for the highest 1st day sales with 478k copies sold, along with the highest 1st week album sales with 610k copies sold for a sub-unit.
    • BSS is also the first group to get a grand slam on music shows, along with holding the title of most music show wins this year with a 2023 song.
    • BSS’ ‘Fighting’ became the 1ST AND ONLY Korean song on Billboard Japan’s Top 100 to debut at #1 with no accompanying Japanese version in history!
    • ‘Second Wind’ has also surpassed 200k digital sales in China, and it is the best-selling single by a K-pop act in the country.
    • Lastly, do I even have to mention how popular the Fighting challenge has become amongst idols and fans alike? Like, who hasn’t done the fighting challenge at this point?

Congratulations SVT/ BSS for everything you’ve achieved and will continue to accomplish. I’m so proud of them and their consistent growth. SVT fighting!

This a first of nct dream and txt since a very long time same thing for Seventeen most of their comeback fail to chart and even when they do chart longevity isn't there, Itzy had an amazing charting with sneakers same thing with Red velvet and their song feel my rythme, Twice is a pre release English song, stayc always charted this wan nothing new all their songs take time to rise but once it does it stays for a very long time on the charts

Idk about others but Seventeen has always done well. They didn’t chart as high as other ggs, but Hot, Darling, RWY, Is It Still Beautiful, Thanks, Home, Oh My, A-Teen, 9-Teen all did pretty well on charts and they were quite stable. Especially for their comeback Hot, over 3,300 hours on the 24Hits chart.

Back to the topic of this thread.

Honestly, NCT Dream and Seventeen have always charted well. Hot did very well last year, it had quite the longevity. I’m assuming, due to the hype of their previous comeback, SVT BSS’ comeback is also being received very well, and it’s crazy how close they got to a RAK— they might be able to obtain one possibly if it continues to maintain its momentum. Candy is also doing absolutely amazing on charts as well, it has quite the longevity and performance.

Though, it was very pleasant to see TXT’s recent comeback’s success on kcharts. It was bound to happened eventually, considering their growth in SK, and the song being quite GP friendly in my opinion.

This year sure seems to be off on a good note for boy groups.

Why are people acting like MelOn still isn’t the biggest music platform in South Korea. The claim that they lost a little bit of their users, that holds truth, however, they are still bigger than every other streaming platform in SK. It still isn’t an easy walk in the park for many Kpop groups to even chart on melon.

(As itiswhatitisss mentioned on another thread: this is just from last year. MelOn still holds the crown for the biggest streaming platform.)

F802E0B4-83CD-4619-8A10-68CB9C0D4D94.png

I find it funny that a song is considered a hit and the group, a digimon once they start to chart high on kcharts until it comes to BGs. What’s so impossible about people genuinely enjoying and listening to their songs? If people like it, it will chart. If they don’t, it won’t. Simple as that.

All this melt down over SVT BSS comeback and HYBE acts devouring the kcharts. I feel a little embarrassed for you.

Like a take seat, have a little bubble bath and enjoy the 4th Gen’s monster rookie, BSS’ comeback.

you literally don’t know how excited I am to see two of my favourite people together!!

And the way btsvt are interacting these days are crazy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Honestly, there is more than one way a person can be “smart”.

Here is my break-down:

• Book-smart: 6-6.5/10

I can be better if I actually tried, this year I had too much going on so I academically suffered. Though I did graduate with an average above 90s and a scholarship, so I’d like give myself credit for that.

• Emotional intelligence: 7/10

I wouldn’t say that I’m the best in this department, but I do acknowledge that it’s one of my strengths. I take in real friends relying on me as an indicator my emotional capabilities.

• Street-smart: 5/10

Man, I always need a chaperone when I’m out. I almost got ran over by a train because I zoned out while walking to the station, thankfully my friends were there to hold me back and save me.

According to my self-assessment, I receive an intelligence score of 60%.

ISaidISaid already did this thread 1.5 years ago and It was more charismatic and fun

/j

I genuinely forgot abt this.

Tbh, looking through this— even though it’s a troll thread, it’s more respectful than I expected. Good days when we had good users that were actually willing to hold proper conversations.

127 and 17 already sold +2.5m tho

Seventeen’s FTS album is already at 3.1M+ album sales + their repackaged album sitting near 2M+, and overall career sales are at 17M+, so I don’t understand where the OP is getting the outsold narrative from. They might in the future, but as of right now, that’s not true.

(excluding BTS for obvious reasons) Seventeen is one of the only few boy groups aside from few 2nd generation groups that are actually charting in Korea, and matching their streams and tour numbers to their sales worldwide.

(Don’t know much abt NCT, so I didn’t comment— but I know Dream is doing great.)

Edit: I just wanna add that, no one actually coming close to Bts. Most groups had more than 3-4 versions, Bts did not. We also have to consider the price difference, as BTS’ were typically a lot more expensive than other groups— regardless of that, they still managed to have the best selling album and that’s saying a lot. So, no, realistically 4th generation isn’t outselling anyone at the moment.

I feel like people like taking advantage of the fact that Carats have abandoned AKP because of individuals like the OP to spread misinformation and unsolicited hate towards Seventeen.

People often forget that Seventeen has achieved 1.5M sales with three versions Heng:Garae [2020], 1.1M sales with just one version from Semicolon [2020], again 1.3-1.5M sales with 3 versions for Your Choice [2021], recently reached 2.3M with 3 standard versions and 1 carat version for Attacca [2021], and then 3M with 5 standard versions for their 3rd full album after years, Face The Sun [2022]. If anything, Seventeen has been one the few groups with the most consistent sales growth ever since their debut.

People bash Seventeen for photo-cards as if Seventeen doesn’t have a line up consisting of 13 individuals, and them being one of the biggest groups after NCT in terms of members.

Also, I don’t understand where people are getting these double-digit versions from when in reality Seventeen only has 5 standard versions, 1 Carat Version, and a Target Version for Face The Sun— the total roughly coming to 7 versions. Regardless, this was their 3rd full album after 2018, that’s 3 whole years of waiting! Of course, Carats were expected to go all out.

Adding on, I just want to address the concern that someone raised in regards to Seventeen’s streams don’t matching their album sales. That’s a very inaccurate assumption.

They were literally one of the only 5 k-acts to surpass 1B (1.1B to be precise) Spotify streams last year, especially considering Seventeen aren’t considered digimons. Let’s consider S.Kor, literally no one aside from BTS, BB, SVT, and NCT Dream is actually charting or gaining streams from the boy groups department. Seventeen was also one of the most streamed boy groups in 2022 in South Korea. In one calendar year, they’ve gained roughly a total of 3.13B cumulative streams from major platforms (such as 1.1B Spotify, 600M MelOn, 1.0B YT, & 430M Circle Digital Chart). They are probably one of few groups that actually match their streams and tour numbers.

They played huge domes and arenas during their tour and fan meetings in 2022, with an estimated attendance of 600k (possibly even more) in-person attendees.

So, yes, considering all their achievements, sales, streams, tours, they are indeed a top group. There is a reason their own South Korean government acknowledges their contributions by awarding them with Prime Minister’s Commendation and Minister of Culture, Sports, and Tourism for two years straight. And the fact they use their variety content, Going Seventeen for tourism in their embassies shows their wide reach and top status.

Just go to hospital and get it checked out

it's been like 9 hours - did you go to the hospital?

how are you feeling my friend?

We need an update dontwannacry04 PLEASE BE OK

Thank you guys so much for your concerns. 🫶

Yes, I am okay now. I ended up calling since I literally had no means of getting there today. I explained to them my situation, they asked whether there was blood in my stool and few questions along the line. Thank God, there was none. They said it should be okay otherwise. It’s mainly my inflammation issues that just acts up. So nothing too concerning. Right now I am feeling a lot better, I just a very bad fever and flu that’s messing me up. It has gotten very cold here in Canada, so maybe that’s why.

Once again, thank you guys for giving me the advice and asking. I really appreciate it. 💗

Even the most microscopic shards could mess you up. Your body is squishy and glass is sharp. Worst that could happen is that you have a clean bill of health and the doctors are relieved

It’s not the money aspect, Canadian healthcare is “free,” it’s just a problem how to get there now. I was thinking maybe, I should call the health line first to see what they have to say first since I am starting to feel very nauseous.

Hey everybody,

I know this probably isn’t how you guys expected to hear from me for the first time in a while.

But, I am honestly not joking with my title. It’s semi-medium story of how, but I’m too lazy to explain how. Just bunch of stupid events leading up to stupid events.

Though do not worry, the piece got crushed and chewed until they were extremely tiny pieces. I was zoning out very hard to even realize it wasn’t chips that I’m chewing on.

I think I swallowed a bit, but I spat the rest out the minute I figured. It’s a little fuzzy, and I can’t entirely remember if I ingested it or not. God knows how I didn’t ruin my teeth.

Anyways, the point is it didn’t hurt then. But almost 12 hours have past since then, and only now I am feeling a dull pain on my middle-lower left abdomen that comes and goes. I can’t tell if it’s related to the events of yesterday, or just another coincidental problem.

What do I do? I don’t wanna call the non-emergency number and ask them, since I have anxiety talking to people. I want to text them, but I don’t know if they even offer that service. I also don’t have other social media’s where I can ask anyone for advice, so here I am. Does anyone have any idea what’s going on and what I should do?