Posts by dontwannacry04

Song of The Year: I have a huge gut feeling New Jeans will take that home with Ditto, but IVE is a pretty close competitor.

Album of the Year: It’s definitely gonna be a brawl between Seventeen and Stray Kids for this one, and ultimately might boil down to judges score.

Artist of the Year: This definitely feels like Seventeen vs New Jeans category.

Worldwide Icon: the group with strong fandom votes will take it, so only time will tell.

List of Seventeen concert tours - Wikipedia in particular see total for 2022.

This was the actual total for 2022 that was actually reported for 34 shows.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Seventeen is very relevant, you’re just looking at the wrong places if you think they are irrelevant.

Seventeen is not very concentrated in building a Western fanbase, as their targeted markets within Asia.

If you go to SoKor, Japan, or China, that’s where their fanbases is extremely concentrated (you may even add SEA to this, as they rapidly growing their fanbase there too). They do really well on charts and sales there and are one of the only few groups to do so as well. They are always a relevant topic on their side of the forums and platform, and rake up quite a lot of discussion and views for just existing.

If you’re taking AKP as an indicator for relevancy then that’s a very fickle measure, because pre-revamp of AKP, there were a LOT of Carats here. Probably exceeding 60 to 70 if memory serves me right, but one by one they all left due to constant bullying and dragging of Seventeen and moved to other platforms such as Reddit or Twitter, etc. hence, using western forums as an indicator isn’t the best measure of relevance.

5th Gen is just Mnet trying to be special, it’s still 4th Gen as far as I’m aware. Other than Mnet, no one is really considering ZB1 5th generation, unless their debut can shift the vibe the way early 3rd/ 4th generation groups did.

Wait, you’re right!

I Don’t Understand But I Luv U lowkey does give Exo vibes!

Honestly I can’t choose which bside is my favourite. This album as a whole is too good.

As generic as it is, Super is my favourite so far, and the rest remain unranked because I can’t choose from the gems.

yeah they could easily have done that without the weird zooming in randomly and so fast. like at least show a decent close up of everyone before zoomin in and out and this way and that way, but that's something easily over looked. not a huge deal.

Personally I found the shots very nice, it definitely got the message across which I liked.

It’s personally my favourite mv so for, followed closely by Hot for me.

Hey guys, I know everyone’s having a lovely discussion, but do check this out:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The snippet near the end of the song already sounds like SOTY.

I wish I could say any of the things listed here justifies 4 million but it really doesn’t. These are achievements for a successful kpop group no doubt. But nothing here is so extra ordinary that I can be convinced they can shoot up to 4 million.

With these type of stats in my head kpop groups can get like 2-2.5mil sales. More than that well. Idk where the numbers are coming from. Doesn’t mean it’s not legitimate just that I don’t understand where the numbers are coming from in my head lol.

Honestly, that could be said about 1M and 2M sales benchmarks as well that Kpop groups are achieving, and then we all can sit here all day grasping at straws. Though, I get where you’re coming from. However, it’s not that these achievements “justify” their 4M preorder sales, rather it broadens one’s perspective and view on how rapidly they are growing their fanbase and how big they’ve gotten. It’s an indication of their success and growth. There is a reason, Cj&EM had their eyes set on Seventeen, but luckily, Hybe managed to acquire them first.

Sorry, but this is about to turn into an essay, so open at your own caution.

If you wanna blame anyone for this lengthy block of text, you can blame xoxoshawol for summoning me here. 🫶

Don't think this is a case for religion bcuz I remember talking with him in the same time period last year :cursing: :cursing:

Ah, oh interesting.

Though the thing w/ Ramadan is that, according to the Islamic calendar, it’s not fixed like a typical calendar. It‘s always being pushed back by a week or two every year. So last year Ramadan didn’t start in March, but in April-May, this year it’s March-April, so that could be another thing to consider.