Posts by TwicePinkFriend

How can u forget Buddies in that list? Those guys are like......THE biggest Le Sserafim antis out there. Like I'm not even surprised when I see a disgusting tweet about Le Sserafim and find a Buddy behind it...

:annoyedk:

Like I get to finally hear them sing outside of an encore! And they did fine considering how hard the choreo is. Tbh we need for this to be more normalized than the basically full lip-sync Fiesta that kpop has become. And if the choreo makes it too hard to sing then maybe tone down the choreos a little.

I enjoyed it!

:claps:

I honestly don't understand why some of y'all are so ready to defend her, as if she'd personally come to your house and made you tea. The girl is a proven bully and should not have debuted in a girl group. HYBE should remove her and that's that.

True, that is no excuse to bully her online, but for real, stop being cringe and defending her as if she's innocent.

See the funny thing is I don't even really like her. I'm OT5 and I don't mind at all if HYBE drops her hard. But I'm still gonna defend a kid who's getting harassed online by people taking it too far and acting like online bullies themselves. The hypocrisy just makes me wanna vomit

Level 5 infringement is not just "being messy", there are 9 levels and 5 is the worst you can get on middle school on Korea, which says a lot. You can say that the hate she's receiving is too much and all but let's not downplay the facts and act as if she just made a joke here and there.

Yeah its not a joke but does anybody actually know what she exactly did other than "bullying"? Some people are treating her like a convict but I haven't seen any evidence that anything as severe as murder or rape happened. And we can't even use the "Level 5" thing as an exact measurement since, as that guy from the Ministry of Education stated: "The intensity of measures taken by each school are different because each case has a strong autonomous nature and tendencies of experts in attendance is also different."

The main thing is whatever happened, happened between 12 year olds. 12 year olds are kids. Their brains are literally still under developed. The law doesn't prosecute anybody under 14 as an adult for a good reason yet some people online forget this.

Its one thing to think that Garam shouldn't be an idol anymore. But some of the disgusting stuff that people are posting online is going too far. Like seriously......nobody was murdered or beaten up to a pulp and sent to the hospital. This was literally a bunch of 12 year olds being messy. But some people seem to think it gives them the green light to live out their mean girl fantasies and be bullies themselves to a kid. Like some people need to realize they're acting like straight up trash

Ok sorry but I'm wrong with the timeline a bit because the Allkpop translation is a little off. According to the Soom pi translation:

In the process, Yoo Eun Seo called for a school violence committee, claiming that Kim Garam and many of her friends bullied her, so a meeting was held with Kim Ga Ram and friend “B,” who helped “D,” as perpetrators and Yoo Eun Seo as a victim.

However, before the school violence committee meeting that Yoo Eun Seo had summoned could be wrapped up, she voluntarily transferred when there was discussion of a “forced transfer” at the request of “D,” the victim of the photo incident. Ultimately, the school violence committee’s measures were given to two students, Kim Garam and “B,” who had been pointed out [as perpetrators] by Yoo Eun Seo who left the school.

Yoo Eun Seo transferred to the provinces and moved back to the school next to Kim Garam’s a month or two later.

So yeah, according to this the School Commitee Meeting actually took place while Eunseo was still at the school and she chose to do a transfer herself instead of the "forced transfer" punishment.

True they were minor. I forgot that point in regards to criminal thing.

However, it makes no sense that they would give harsh punishment to Garam and let Eunseo transfer with no record because remember, school transfers don't happen immediately. You have to request transfer and the school has to send over records to the new school. You can't just up and quit. Also, from my understanding, the school could have held a joint committee with the other school. And the committee had been held before the transfer, which means the sides would have presented their stories to the committee. Finally, yes the schools do care about reputation and shit, which further creates the question as to why school gave Garam a degree 5 punishment when the complainant had already transferred before the decision was made? They could have just let it go or given something lesser.

Yes the degree 5 punishment will always be a question. We need more details regarding that for real.

According to the HYBE statement, the School Commitee Meeting was held AFTER Eunseo had already left the school. Eunseo or her parents might have requested the School Commitee Meeting while she was in the process of transferring (although honestly I don't know how this works)(misread AKP translation)

Reading it more, I don't think Garam and her friends initially brought up the molka incident to the school since it sounds like they went to Eunseo directly to personally take care of it themselves. They might have only brought it up to the school during the School Commitee Meeting as a defense for themselves, which is why it ended up in that paperwork.

Ah, I see. I wasn't aware of that fact.

Same. Molka is also a criminal offense. Maybe, HYBE's narrative isn't quite right. Anyone can see that they are using that detail to minimize the negative impact of the degree 5 punishment. I do think maybe the friend is in the photo but it's not as bad or as noticeable and definitely not as malicious as implied in HYBE's statement. That's the only reason I can think of for Eunseo avoiding punishment based on my research about the punishment system.

It wouldn't be a criminal offense if it was done by a minor. If I understand it right, Korean laws are super lenient with minors which allows them to do absolutely disgusting things and helps perpetuate the whole Korean school bullying issue.

Also one of the school punishments is forced transfer. If Eunseo chose to transfer herself then the school might have decided that it was enough to settle her issue. The school probably prefers if things are quietly handled like that instead of creating another record. The school really only cares about their own reputation in the end. Korean schools are seriously trash from everything I've read.

Does anyone have the real (full) video and not one, where it was maybe edited

maliciously? Like I hope it was just edited to seem way more awkward, than it already was. Depending on the whole video the moment could be be ripped out of context because maybe the whole video was awkward etc.

I want to see it myself and not just the viral part from a few days ago or this one (where I actually saw the members reaction for the first time being included and not just Garam and Sakura)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bli…tatus/1529036950560194560

LOL that clip is like Mnet level of devil-editing. You watch the original clip and they were obviously just messing around. Some of these people are weird with their agendas

I don't think we should catastrophize things. I think saying this will turn her into a prostitute is a leap. If you don't care that she bullied someone at 12, why would a non-celeb employer care? More than likely, she'll just get a regular job the same she would've if she had never been an idol. As for it preventing her from getting into a good college, the level 5 offense would have done that in its own apparently.

I dont think we should be dismissive of potential harmful effects either. And I didnt even talk about depression or other stuff that could likely be happening also. A non-celeb employer will care because most job openings are competitive. You hire the one you like the best out of a batch. If an employer remembers someone's name from the news and they just remember the headlines about them being a bully or something, then they'll just pick someone else by default. The details won't matter.

And how does the school offense thing even work? Is it public knowledge because it didn't stop her from getting into SOPA. Also colleges dont normally check junior high records. They only care about high school. But this might be a different case now since its in National News and Public Knowledge

I agree which is why I think HYBE fucked up so badly, they should've made her go on hiatus and say they would look into it and apologise for instances where she cursed (like they mentioned in this statement) instead of trying to declare her a 100% victim when they should've known that there was a school violence document out there that named her as a perpetrator ... senior idols have gone on hiatuses for much less and even when they were innocent (apink chorong) so she could've came back and fans would have no idea just how bad her alleged bullying was.

Yeah HYBE messed up bad. Specially if they just dismissed or ignored the first letter sent. And I also blame Eunseo's lawyers for turning the whole thing into a public fiasco instead of just taking HYBE to court. I have a feeling the picture thing is real since most people would deny something that serious if its false.

The least that HYBE can do for their mess up is clear Garam's name a little bit so she can at least live a normal life if they drop her.

I personally think she will be back. I have no reason to think that. I just do lol

This all could've been dealt with privately but Hybe apparently didn't want to and the other side didn't want to back down (and apparently had the resources and motivation to fight which pbly surprised hybe). Once it was public enough (leaked by a third party) to affect Eunseo's life and well-being, I can see why her parents would want her side of the story to be told cuz otherwise she would still be getting harassed online without being able to really defend herself.

And like it or not, an idol's success is completely based on the public's enjoyment of them and that is tied to the public's perception of them. Let's face it. Garam isn't a super star talent. She's an idol because she just happens to have a look that Hybe thinks will appeal to people. She has to be appealing or at least inoffensive otherwise. If the public doesn't want to be fans of idols that have a history of bullying, well that's just as valid as people not wanting to be fans of idols who are not attractive or don't have good variety skills or don't get along with their members. There are thousands of other aspiring idols with her level of talent who whose idol dreams were ruined for much less than a level 5 bullying incident.

Yah I get that. But none of this still should have made National news. If she was accused of murder, rape, if there was a video of her beating a girl to a pulp, or someone had medical record of her sending them to the emergency room......yeah I would understand. But with what we have at this point? Not really.

Like think about this. If everything ends here and she just stops being an idol, then kpop fans will move on real quick and forget about her. But for her....there's long-term issues if the whole of Korea has heard of her name. Like will this affect her chance to go to a nice college? Or getting hired? How many people on the streets or wherever will continue to harass her or make sexual innuendo about her to her face? All because of stuff that happened as a 12 year old child.

Ive seen some sicko joke that she might go into prostitution once she drops out. What if this ends up being real since she has no other choice? Theres some real serious stuff that people don't really think about. And it makes me sick even thinking about them.

So far I'm still sticking to the idea that the school is just full of messy people of various levels of messiness getting into messy AF fights with each other. That one "bullied" person who threatened to bash Garam's face in says alot lol

Also none of this should have become national news. It feels SO stupid. Like we're talking about stuff that 12 year olds did, and it's not like somebody was murdered or beat to the point where they were hospitalized. Not being allowed to be an idol is one thing. But making this National to ruin some kids' lives?? Makes me feel kinda sick NGL

Also do people realistically think that Garam is coming back? Because I sure don't regardless of what happens. Too many people won't accept an idol with a school record even if the school did her dirty.