Posts by VVisual

actually they have tons of young fans, would even say that now most fans are young, and in addition to that they have a lot of female fans

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think SNH has more female fans as a percentage than AKB and I think it extends to AKB48 Team SH as well. There is a noticeable style difference too. Though both are Chinese and have 48 origins, Team SH conforms to the cute Japanese style a lot more than SNH which has gravitated more to KPOP styling in dress and dance.

AKB48 Team SH:

C517AB4A-78AD-4ADB-B88D-9B888E5874FE.jpeg

Also the last two number one ranked Queens of SNH48 -- Li Yitong and Sunrui are majority supported by female fans.

They're are considered "powerful" instead of "cute" as type of idols.

Li Yitong was dressed in black a lot and often cast as the villian in SNH MVs! She has a very sharp and had been in big feuds. But her female fans love her and voted her queen twice:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content m.youtube.com

The9 is bigger but Bon Bon Girls are better. After their debut perf of "Slay and Play" on the Chuang 2021 finale they trended on Chinese sm and many called them the standard for CPOP GGs.

BBGs' record grossed more money but The9 had a virtual concert while BBGs hadn't any concert yet. Their seniors, the Rocket Girls, had an arena tour. I hope they get one.

i found online that SNH48 planned to send six girls to Girls Planet 999 but apparently members of Team X and Team NII declined offers. So they will only send 4 members from other teams.

I think they've picked from popular members with busy schedules and girls just didn't want to give up of all promotions that they were currently doing in China. This even fits rumor that Song Xinran was supposed to be in Girls Planet 999, but girl is busy with cf's and filming cdrama so she probably didn't want to ruin her "moment" in China.

Yes, there are also quarantining issues. Two weeks after entering Korea and two weeks are returning to China. In between, a few months trapped in a hotel or resort for the show.

Holy shit! This has gone way beyond just a trainee's parents past history but has gone into drug and enforcement investigation.

Basically, China's Anti Drugs Task Force has suspended YWY3 and closed all voting.

The implication here is that drug or organized crime money might have impacted the show and also voting. This could affect the YWY franchise, IQIYI or even all Chinese survival shows.

https://mobile.twitter.com/isa…tatus/1390355036740341768

I care for the Chinese people and the China. Mainland China could have become as developped as the Republic of China if they were still under control of the Republic of China. The Chinese communist party are a bunch of liars, murderers and thieves who care more about themselve than the people. The Chinese Nationalist Party and the Democratic Progressive Party of the Republic of China care more about the Chinese people than then Chinese communist party of the People's Republic of China.

Every you said about the CCP could be applied to Viet Cong. The big difference is China is far wealthier under the CCP than Vietnam is under the VC. Maybe if the Republic of Vietnam wasn't attacked and swallowed up by the VC it would be as wealthy as Taiwan is today?

Just leave them both out of a threads on pop culture. It's fucking stupid to bring your political views into this.

Thanks for polluting this thread with the "China Virus" kinds of racist white conspiracy theories. You even piss on Biden and the Anti-Asian Violence Bill which is nothing more a bandaid when Asians have never got ANYTHING before that protected.

Forget it, you're not here to talk pop culture or idols. You're here to push far right (white) political agenda and shade anything Chinese including cultural things like a survival show for goodness sakes. Biased to the point that you are shading a show that had three Japanese and two Thais in the final lineup this year and is going international again in 2022.

Viet Cong killed millions by bringing war to south Vietnam. They killed hundreds of thousands of my people by forcing them onto boats after collecting all their valuables. Forcing them out as refugees and scattering families all over the world.

Guess what, China haven't actually attacked Taiwan yet when it is the same fucking situation as North and South Vietnam. The Viet Cong attacked South Vietnam and created death and poverty for millions. They attacked Saigon and destroyed my parents' families. Both China and Taiwan are now many fucking times wealthier than Vietnam because that war never actually occurred but the Viet Cong attack on South Vietnam did.

Viet Cong kept Vietnam poor and backwards when China, Thailand and the rest of Asia were getting rich. This is the main reason why those KPOP shows cast Chinese instead of Viets. They also cast Thais when Vietnamese visuals and culture are much closer to Korea's. You can thank the Viet Cong for making an economic backwater that is only now catching up.

You are trying to pin a fucking virus on China and Chinese people which is what the white racists are doing in the West. We are being attacked here because of it. Many SEAsians were hurt because of idiots like you trying to blame a virus on a people -- including a Hmong girl who was raped and murdered while being called a chink and a Burmese family slashed because the racist thought they were Chinese. You are fucking idiot piece of shit.

9CD8871D-F8C8-4CD0-8322-48A1E068801C.jpeg

So fuck you for bringing politics into a thread about music and idols which should be bringing Asians together. (Well, it is bringing Japanese, Thais and Chinese together anyways. Probably Koreans too in 2022. )

"Everybody know that we have Chinese in our district but they never said to the authorities that we have Chinese origins"

That is exactly why I wouldn't pick a side here and don't want to go into politics. The well-being of your family is dependent on no one reporting your ethnicity to the fucking Vietnamese authorities.

Your family had to hide being Chinese to survive in Vietnam. You can't come out and say you are partially Chinese in Vietnam.

My family were forced out in boats. Many, many of our people died in those days because of the Vietnamese government.

On my mother side, her family was from Hanoi. Nearly all of her extended family were forced out as refugees directly to China. My mom's dad spent years trying to find his relatives in China. He was finally able to do so in the 1990s. But the families are so far apart and separated that they lost touch again. One side became Chinese and the other became American.

So if I let politics come into play I would despise the Vietnamese government a lot more because those fucking islands mean a lot less to me than what Vietnamese government had done to my family.

(To be perfectly honest, I'm nauseous at the fact that your family have to hide being hoa. You say you will never say you are neither one of those. But that is meaningless when your family claim to be kinh officially. )

I respect these women so much for standing up for what's right. They need to cast more Viet people instead of chinese on these kpop shows.

I am not shocked they only liked picking pro china countries for Chuang. Seeing Cuba and Russia included is VERY telling imo. Also notice how Korea was blacklisted from that show. Thailand government is knee deep in chinese meddling so i am not shocked they casted some half white celebrities from there

Eh, Vietnam is communist as well. My grandparents were forced out as refugees because they were Hoa, because of their ethnicity. They still spoke Vietnamese to my parents who grew up in the states despite being treated like shit by the Vietnamese communists. So Viet cong is no better. And Russia and Cuba are political allies of the Viet Cong as well.

Japan provided far more trainees than Thailand so please stop. I don't want a pissing match between on my Vietnamese and my Chinese roots. My grandparents and parents still feel Vietnamese though the Vietnamese communist government had rejected them. Because of them, I still feel Vietnamese and take interest in Vietnamese culture and artists. Staying away from politics is the only way I can reconcile being both Viet and Chinese.

I've said to my grandfather when I was a kid as to why we should still see ourselves as Vietnamese as well when Vietnam kicked him and our whole family out saying we are not Vietnamese and he said the Viet Cong don't have the right to determine who is Vietnamese. I put that statement to heart otherwise I would have dropped the Vietnamese side a long time ago. I personally think the Vietnamese government is shit for what they've done to my grandparents' generation and for being communist and keeping Vietnam poor. But they ain't going to tell me who I am.

lol they camped in front of Oppo shop because girls were coming there to promote smartphones :-D

External Content twitter.com

Holy crap! The size of that crowd for just a cellphone promo. lol

I don't think any of the overseas 48 group (former or current) even come close to this kind of fan support. Maybe only AKB48 itself would match them? But the difference between AKB wotas and the SNH support base is that Japanese wotas are mainly (older) men while the SNH fans are pretty evenly split between men and women so they might reach a larger proportion of the GP.

That's fucking sad. But it's more like the fans of the other trainees are saying he will impact the final group adversely.

A similar situation happened with Yu Yan last season because she made anti-authority comments online when she was a teenager. She stayed on the show and debuted though. And the group was okay.

This time Tony didn't even say anything but I guess the fear of blowback is much worse because the public might have made up their mind that his parents were organized crime (drugs and possible prostitution at their KTV bar) and that Tony probably benefited from their connections.

Sad and ugly that this had to blow up now.