Posts by Kahoru

I could listen to Ángela sing all day.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes! I loved it! And definitely agree that Rege is a gorgeous, gorgeous man.

I'm personally looking forward to Eloise's season. I believe Anthony's will be next, so I have a long wait, but I absolutely adored her and I think it'll be interesting to see her try and fit into society once she debuts.

I also really want to see more of Penelope, for sure.

I just finished watching the documentary about Elisa Lam's case and the Cecil Hotel and those "web sleuths" really ticked me off. They made a poor man's mere existence miserable and came up with such wild conspiracy theories with no actual evidence to back them up. That's why law enforcement wasn't going to follow up with the "maybe she was led to the roof and the tank at shotgun." That was a theory, against the very, cold hard evidence that she had not been taking her meds.

But at least the ones on the documentary ended up accepting the truth...but now the show riled up another batch of conspiracy theorists. No wonder it's so popular on Netflix.

Ew, why are Kpop fans on TikTok so annoying? Acting like everyone is purposefully not crediting RV for that one dance trend...like, you do know a ton of people don’t actually KNOW where it “originally” came from, right? It’s a trend - it took off, like many others, and most people don’t know the source. You can tell them where it came from but stop being so annoying about it. No one is trying to bully you or your faves by not “crediting” them.

Me to the students: Please don’t be calling me over and over while I’m teaching.

Them: TEACHER TEACHER TEACHER TEACHER TEACHER.

You’d think it was something urgent but they just want to talk about how they’re getting pizza later.

It makes me so incredibly sad to see InSomnia so excited about winning the pre-votes for M! Countdown and (I believe) Show Champion as well...just because, the competition is stronger than we’d hoped for. DC’s digitals...well, let’s pray for a miracle, maybe. And I hate to be a negative Nancy but I already know how this goes. This comeback has been crazy successful so far but with the competing groups...I just worry it might not end up how we so desperately hope for it to.

I’ve been going out of my way to help you find a job, and you couldn’t care any less. Sorry buddy, sometimes you have to work a menial part-time, minimum wage job to get you started. But you don’t want to even hear it.

It works well, if you truly put in the effort and don't expected to be passed just because. If you sit through your Zoom/Google Classroom lessons and pay attention, you'll be fine.

It's a little less effective for grades Pre-K thru 1st, in my opinion, because parents aren't often able to sit with them through the lesson, and it's difficult to keep the little ones engaged, as well. And often, with assignments, the parents don't really make an effort to correct them with how to hold their pencil, to correctly follow the dotted lines to trace words and letters, don't help them practice their fluency, etc.

That being said, I think it CAN work for early childhood as well, (and I would much rather we were 100% virtual) it's just that, like with older students, not as much effort is being made. Personally, I've seen major successes coming from our students who are virtual and whose parents are really going above and beyond to complement the lessons with their own time and patience with them. I know it's not easy for everyone, but just my two cents. (Sorry it's lengthy.)

If “containment” and “contact tracing” are important then, surely, tossing paraprofessionals around from one classroom to another isn’t the best idea? “But the students will be wearing masks!” Yes, and the virus lingers in the air and sticks to you. Doesn’t matter anymore.

Whatever. We’re really at the bottom of the totem pole.

I want to be active here but I find it so incredibly boring and irritating to see thread after thread about the same groups over and over. I guess it’s part of the reason why I stopped following most Kpop altogether. It’s boring now.