Posts by BlackpinkHouse

Twice and BP alone have more 9s and 10s amongst their singles and promoted B sides than all five 4th gen GGs combined. Hell, Twice or BP alone have more.

Twice:

WIL

Heartshaker

Cry For Me

Scientist

Knock Knock

Signal

DTNA

More and More

Feel Special

Blackpink:

BBY

AIIYL

PWF

HYLT

KTL

Lovesick Girls

Ice Cream

Ready For Love

Pink Venom

vs

4th Gen:

Dumdi

OMG

Next Level

Impurities

I Am

Kitsch

Afterlike

OMG

But 4th gen groups trounce the 3rd gen groups when it comes to other stuff that is just as important as the music, like fanservice content.

yeah let’s not lie like that. Halle gave one the most amazing performances ever with this song. It’s down right insulting to say anything can be better than that masterpiece quite disrespectful.

:uh-uh-bunny: . She doesn't have the range to pull this song off.

The best is mah girl Morissette, then Danielle, then Halle.

Aint no one on Planet Earth right now that can do this song live the way Morissette can and did... ;(;(

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

bc you only listened to the english version that went viral

the korean version got rap

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rap is literally the best part of the song. Otherwise, it's just a Doja Cat retread, still good, but fairly generic.

Vocals are not important. At least vocal technique. Idols arent singing Nessun Dorma or reimagining LesMiserable :siptear: . This is dance pop music afterall.

Vocal color can make a difference though, the best technique in the world can't mask an unpleasant or grating vocal color. The best vocalists have the most unique, catchiest tones like Miyeon, Yuqi, Karina, Yena, Lisa, and of course the best of them all, Yuri :flower-cutie:

Wut? U serious? The only song i would rate a 7 or above is their ballad ;( . I honestly dont remember any other song except Spicy.

Ive's album wasn't that great either, it was carried by their two singles which were, tbf, unbelievably good.

I haven't listened to Idle's yet.

Pending Idle's listen through, i'm tentatively calling LSRFM's album the best. Lamppost is a 10 out of 10, Flash is a 9, Fire is an 8, even the intro is an 8, and No Return/Unforgiven hug the 6-7 line. Only Bluebeard is a flop.

Too close to call at every level except vocals (Ning has them all beat handily). But not sure the vocals advantage will carry Team China. The dance/performance levels are also identical, XT and Kaz are mid tier, Rei and Ning are lower tier.

I will let the song quality of their respective groups be the tiebreakers (only singles and promoted B sides that rank a 9 or higher).

XT has Wadada, We Fresh, and Le Voyage.

Ning has Next Level.

Kaz has Impurities.

Rei has I Am, Kitsch, and Afterlike.

It's still a dead heat.

And the thing is, Soyeon has the resources. All she has to do is give her jobless pal Somi a call, tell her she's gonna treat her to some delectable samgyoepsal and soju, and have her edit the lyrics omg.

My Boob and Booty So Hot :excited-bee:

Yes, preach sister!

I'm not asking poor nugu companies or non native speakers to do this. But how about the upper tier labels that obviously have the resources including their very own staff and IDOLS ffs? No longer will we stand to be tortured by lyrics like "Do u wanna upside down" or "Why ain't pretty". Lyrics that ruin some pretty great songs actually.

NO LONGER.

WE DEMAND BETTER.

WE DESERVE BETTER.

:pepe-pitchfork:

I'm not sure if you're serious with this one. Hopefully not.

8 percent serious. I listen to it despite all my problems with it, but i think Soyeon made some really effed up mistakes with this one, it's still catchy if you can ignore the cringy lyrics.

With respect to this specific point about kwinka, i get where Idle fans are coming from, i see the rationalization and arguments you're making. If it was just a one off incident, i wouldnt be talking about it.

But have you seen Soyeon's history with the English language? The girl has not one ounce of respect for it lol. The butchering is McDonalds and Burger King combined. It's hard to give Soyeon the benefit of the doubt on any debate when it comes to her relationship with English.

And tbh it IS a bit of a passing annoyance of mine. Especially when i know that certain idols or labels can do better. I've ranted about Twice and BP as well, because i know they have good enough English speakers in the group or in the company, even fluent ones, to fix every dumb English lyric or grammar issue or pronunciation issue before it gets published. I still have a hard time listening to one of the best ballads in recent history, Happiest Girl, because both Lisa and Jennie chose to mispronounce the effing basic ass word "the" and Teddy himself somehow let that happen omfg. It literally ruins the song for me.