Posts by Tic_tac_toe

i think explicit art is inapropriate tbh. it's different when it's a character but these are real people. and a lot of times it looks very realistic and similar to the actual idols. so i feel like they're very similar to deepfakes.

fanfiction however, is just words. the authors use the persona of a real person as a character in their story. it's not like they're claiming the situation in the story is real or that the characters are actually the idols. i just see it as a part of teenage fan culture.

There’s so much suggestive art. Nude art. Sexual art. And it’s very common and even admired. I mean to say 2D style drawing or cartoon ish drawings and other stuff it’s obvious it’s not real. But I guess some are really realistic and those seem worse.

Going off this thread

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Let me preface by saying I do read shipping or RPF fics. Or well I used to at least when I initially got into the EXO fandom not so much now but none the less I have greatly enjoyed them and it was a big part of my fandom experience. Some stories used to be written so well I swear they were even better than books! There’s a lot of talent in the fanfics/art community.

However. Just because I enjoy it and think it’s harmless it doesn’t mean it’s necessarily so. And honestly I can’t really offer a concrete reason why writing sexual content or drawing suggestive art about idols isn’t ‘bad’.

I do think the intent behind deep fakes and such things is different than writing fanfics because yes there are adults writing it too but the kpop fandom is predominantly teenagers and the vast majority of the people participating in it are indeed teens.

I’m conflicted tbh what do you guys think about it?

You can report if that is how you want to “argue“. The mods can delete this but it shows that the majority of user actually have no problem with this except you. That says enough for me. Also who are you to limit my freedom of speech? I am not breaking any law. Also why would you report my threads too? Makes no sense.

What does freedom of speech have anything to do here lol. Freedom of speech isn’t freedom from consequence. Oh man this is why I dislike kpop stans talking about and making light of things they don’t understand.

The report button is for any one to use and freely available. I find your post harmful so I reported it. That’s how forums work.

There are somethings you can’t use as analogies and this is one of them. I’ve reported your threads so MODs can decide what they want to do...have fun making light of bigger issues for the sake of kpop and your LOLs I guess and you do you <3

But by saying that we need to have a discretion I am partially admitting to saying that Trump Supporters are as bad as NAZIs. For me Trump Supporter are and will never be a sensitive topic as the Nazis. Comparing ignorant fools to the likes of genocides, war and dictatorship does not sit right with me. Also I still think that my analogy fits but you are taking my analogy out of context and ignore crucial parts of it. Also the argument that Donald Trump is in power which is obvious and that Seungri isn’t in power like that (also obvious) is not that one sided as you might think since both of them have a huge influence on a certain group of people who would do anything for them. Thus this lead to my analogy that Seungri stans are the Trump supports of K-Pop. I don’t even know what I should explain or argue about this obvious statement and analogy. Also I would say agree to disagree since you are obviously derailing my thread by putting it into a context which was not even intended in the first place.

Yes making comparisons to Trump Supporters should be an extremely sensitive topic. That’s the point I want to make. The amount of suffering people underwent isn’t something you can use for your silly kpop comparisons. And you going on to say how they both have “huge influence” is exactly the problem. You’re even justifying yourself by making your argument even worse eye-

I wanted to say such threads and comparisons shouldn’t be made. There’s nothing for you to defend or explain. It’s not derailing this is completely on topic. Your comparison shouldn’t be made that’s my in topic response to your thread.

Anyway please don’t continue explaining yourself. There is no explanation you can offer.

Okay but to compare Nazi with Trump supporter seems more of a bad analogy than mine. Since the Nazi Ideology (even if a lot of people might not know that) is entirely different to that of a Trump supporter or Kpop stans who blindly trust their idols and falsify every other information.

Who said they had the same ideology(Although they do have many overlapping ones but that once again wasn’t my point)

I said use the same discretion. You cannot casually make certain comparison and analogies. This is one of them.

I quote myself

“... of kpop“

The thing it is not a challenge. It is about the blind following and culture of double standards that is almost so obvious that it is funny or seems like something out of a comedy

The point of my reply wasn’t about “of kpop” or not. It was to say liking bad celebrities is not the same thing as supporting a bad person who is in a position of power. And that they should not be equated.

Not really no. Supporting celebs with bad principle doesn’t have the same consequences as supporting a person in power with bad principles.

Bad boy celebrities always were and always will be liked. Kpop has a squeaky clean image but outside of kpop the sex drugs and scandals are seen as a mark of notoriety to be admired.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.