Posts by nina_red

I'm a huge Jessica fan but I would say the b-sides of Lion Heart & Holiday Night are fantastic. Yes I think the sound overall did suffer but there are still some excellent OT8 songs. Also I like that other members got more of the spotlight, it was great to see Sunny, Yuri etc get great lines and coverage along with TTS.

I'll always prefer OT9 but I wouldn't say SNSD got sub par afterwards, but I guess it all comes down to personal taste. All the members are thriving and doing really well in their respective solo careers so that says it all really - I can't really think if other inactive groups that have this.

I'm genuinely amazed at how terrible this song is. And all the constant lore references like kwangya etc??? Wtf? How is a casual listener supposed to enjoy that? SM trying to do a 2021 IGAB but it just sounds rough IMO. I feel bad for the girls, it doesn't showcase their talents.

Nope. Not possible.

They are one of a kind and I've yet to see a group that can match them in their sheer talent and versatility. Iconic vocals, visuals, songs, dance, synchronisation, variety skills etc etc SNSD has it allll. They've had a huge impact on my life, GG 4 EVA ❤️

I'm loving these SNSD tributes and all these choices!! Excellent taste. I love pretty much every SNSD Japanese track so my overall top 10 would be mainly Japanese songs. Title tracks only though - -

1 - Genie

2 - Mr Taxi

3 - I Got a Boy

4 - Galaxy Supernova

5 - Mr Mr

6 - You Think

7 - Bad Girl

8 - Hoot

9 - The Boys

10 - Gee

I could do a totally separate list for ballads! and I will cos why not, to give some extra SNSD love - ballads top 10

1 - ITNW

2 - Divine

3 - Indestructible

4- Time Machine

5 - One Last Time

6 - All my love is for you

7 - Sailing

8 - Mistake

9 - Girls

10 - Light up the Sky

♥️♥️♥️

Video was gorgeous, loved the looks and aesthetic.

Song is a bit basic for me. I find the beat drop weird and I don't think it really show cases her vocals. Felt very Taylor Swift meets Avril Lavigne meets Hillary Duff kinda 2000s vibe.

Overall, pretty whelmed by it.

But I'm glad Rose gets her time to shine and I'm happy for her.

Remember when everyone hyped up shine as some sort of tell all gossip Bible that would end SNSD and it turned it out it was just a normal story based on her experiences? :clown:

Tbh I thought Shine did have a lot of 'shady' undertones towards SM in particular but also SNSD. Bitchy members that end up debuting with Rachel as part of a nine member group called Girls Forever?? The whole last chapter talking about the fakeness behind interviews etc? And don't get me started on all the DB entertainment tea lol

There was more in Shine than people think IMO. Looks like Bright will have even more.

Ohh it's gonna be very juicy. I'm in two minds. Of course I'm super happy for Jess with her books and happy she gets to tell her story in some way. In the other mind though, I didn't like some of (what I saw as) shade in Shine which could be used to bring hate to the members. Whatever happened, I don't think sending anyone any hate rn is the right thing to do & I would prefer Jess take the high road. Hopefully this will just expose the unfair treatment she got by SM and the Kpop industry as a whole.

I despise lip syncing however let's be real. Kpop groups have to perform day in and day out when promoting on music shows. You can't do all of that live without damaging your voice. That's why so many accomplished vocal groups still use lip syncing so much as otherwise they'd just have damaged vocal chords from overuse.

Also, choreo would become way less polished and intense and all the idols in groups with weak voices (and there's a lot of them) would end up getting less and less lines and just become back up dancers for the more vocally strong ones.

It's a nice idea but with current Kpop set up and the focus on a flawless, hard choreo it just wouldn't work.

I genuinely hate the fact that NCT has so many members and is essentially a way for SM to debut all their male trainees, whereas for females all we get are very small numbered groups. Just shows SM contempt for girls and girl groups to me.

Aespa are fine the way they are and I'll support them but ultimately I do wish SM debuted a bigger group.

They were like the most besties in the group pre-debut and in the beginning of their careers but in 2013, something really happened to a point it was noticeable

:!: :!: :!:

I don't think they were ever friends. Most of their pre 2011 interactions seem fake and forced to me, they just dropped the pretense afterwards.

SNSD in general strike me as coworkers who got along very well, but nothing more than that. They're certainly not 'sisters'. I think SooFany is the only true relationship like 'best friends'.