Posts by Pettywaps

The thing is hiphop never dies. It’s not a trend, it’s not seasonal. It’s always there. East asia might treat or see it as a trend, but to the rest of the world hiphop is always it.

If you do it right, which cmon this is YG.. it’s almost a guaranteed success

YG is a company that creates groups and then sabotages them. Everybody and their momma should know this by now.. This is not a business for them.. it's a hobby. They spend money and purposely lose them, for fun. YG was created for the sole purpose if trolling everybody and basking in their tears while watching all the trucks the fans sends on top of their penthouse building. The sooner everybody realizes this, the sooner you will have inner peace...

You're still going at it wrong though.. It's like bekkuh is telling u to look at the window then flash u her titties, then here u are touching the windows looking all around the nooks and crannies looking for drugs n shit. I bet you if lisa did this rap you'd call it cringy..

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

She was not careless. She was straight to the point.. there is no deep meaning in the verse mona lisa kinda lisa. It's just straight up wordplay to lisa's name being compared to the most beautiful woman in the world aka mona lisa. Bekkuh's word play is not deep. It's actually basic as basic gets. It works for kpop rap and poprap. It's when people start comparing it to the likes of kendrick, tyler, common that it becomes an issue. But then it makes me think, if people can't even get a simple word play like flintsone and jewelry, can they truly say then can understand what kendrick is talking about or are they just vibing to the song coz it's kendrick?

lol ok u got me there.. is that recent?

Again you are not getting the meaning. I get that you are trying to translate the verse and it's not making sense to you. That is the whole point of an entendre.. to mask the meaning. You're almost there but not quite... she's not talking about the movie free willy, she's doing a word play of getting it free like willy to the movie free willy. I'll give you one line... "I be waxing off her p*ssy, mr miyagi"

That meaning I understood and would probably be like okay. BUT that is fan's explanation.... Bekuh Boom herself explained in a Genius interview that the Moses thing is simply "if you can't part the sea you can't party with me". So its questionable whether she herself understood what she wrote.

LOL.. She lied that nice lady knew exactly what she was writing about. The whole song is a sexual reference don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

"Then in Ice Cream, oh she wanna write about rocking jeans, billie jean would be good??? Billie jean is a person who claimed Michael Jackson fathered her child. Like the double meaning input is just so... surface value. It is there so it rhymed and looked cool."

Actually the verse is a continuation from the word slurpee.. Snow cone chilly get it free like willy.. pardon the french ima be a little bit vulgar. it basically means u can get the vagina for free like freewilly(the movie), then transitioning from the word willy(now referred to as a penis) which is inside your jeans like billy(billyjean reference) you be poppin like a wheelie(penis inside ur pants going up a like a bike doing a wheelie).. word connect, fun stuff.

Is it tasteful? questionable, but is rap supposed to be tasteful? I think rap is whatever the lyricist wants it to be as long as it makes sense. It can be corny, it can be cringy, violent, sad etc.. fck it doesn't even have to rhyme. I suggest watching this rapper called Ez Mil. Check out his song called IDK.. it is a perfect song to showcase what a double, triple, fuck it quadruple entendre is.

I'm sorry if I derailed the thread, it just irks me when people bash a line without even getting the meaning.

I really don't get the cringy part.. Is it because the lyricist said Moses? The lyricist was doing a double entendre abt spreading your legs and keeping your vajeen fresh like roses. I think she did ok masking the sexual reference of the verse. Or is the fact that they're talking about vagina makes it cringy?

Double entendre... it's quite common in rap. I read a comment saying "what does bread have to do with money?" It was at that moment that I knew... And here we are again. I think someone should really do a breakdown when we get these english lyrics. People are quick to say cringe when in fact they didn't get the slang or the meaning of the bar. I mean this is not even a deep bar, it's so basic and people still didn't get it.

Rocks, stones are a common slang for diamonds or jewelry.. Flinstones is a cartoon based in the stone age. You probably didn't notice when lisa said bambambam, but bambam is a character in the flinstones... Also if you're going to qoute a bar do it correcty. The verse goes "You're the one been chosen, play the part like Moses." Moses being the chosen one, and part because Moses parted the sea... le sigh**...