Posts by SooYoung

Should've went for the Ruka and Asa rap combo only

I actually agree, a rapper duo just feels better and more cohesive to me

If YG really wants to put Ahyeon in a rapper position fine

but at least give her vocal position to someone else

i felt kinda bad that she had a whole rap verse + she got the high note in the bridge

while some of the other vocalist didn't shine as much in the song

it wouldn't be a problem if the song wasn't so short, and giving so much position to one member in a song so short kinda overshadow some of the other members who get stripped from an opportunity to shine

2nd gen felt new because Kpop was starting to get overseas

3rd gen group concept were an inspiration of 2nd gen group but more polished and elevated you could felt the influence of each 2nd gen had on each 3rd gen group but 3rd gen group were enough to be different to not look like 2nd gen group neither

4th gen felt like the generation of experimentations, a lot of companies tried to try new things and bring something new to kpop

we got the whole Y2K/futuristic/cyberpunk/virtual concept with Aespa

Newjeans brought the 2000's nostalgia

G-idle brought back the female empowering/sexy concept

But is it me or 5th gen feel like the generations were company are starting to become lazy and doesn't want to make any effort anymore

It's just the start of the gen so it's still soon to speak about it

but we already have 2 of the most expected debut of this debut of gen with Illit and Babymonster

and ILLIT just feel like they copycat Newjeans

while Baby monster feel like YG is trying to get their Blackpink 2.0

The song is good but i didn't like the outro it felt unecessary

• The debut of the song until Rami (i think it's her name) was my favorite part of the song, they sound so good and i really want YG to push them more into this type of Chill Pop song type of Psycho song which i think would fit them so well and stop pushing them so hard to be a copycat of Blackpink because it's not working
    • I know a lot of people had a lot of problem with the chorus, i don't, it's just not as impactful that BP songs chorus and if they are going for this badass type of image they need a more hard hitting chorus
    • WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THE 3rd RAPPER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first two rapper were pretty good but it was lacking , and i was thinking that's weird " batter up rap was hitting so hard especially the 2nd rap verse", and i was kinda disappointed and then the 3rd rapper came and i was like "OK she's the rapper in the pink outfit in batter up who slayed the song", She's so fking talented, she slay everytime, i love her she's literally the reason why i'm getting so invested in BM recently
    • I said when Bada was announce as the choregrapher that i was scared because i follow bada work with SM groups she likes choregraphy with very define angles, with iconic move that makes you want to replicate them, But in Sheesh chorus choreography, i just don't feel the Bada touch, it was what i expecteed that the "perfectionnist" type of choreo that Bada like wouldn't be a good match with YG more standard type of choregraphy who are more chill and more in the vibe
    • I know a lot of people had a lot of expectations with Ahyeon and were hyping her debut, but personnally i didn't feel anything different from batter up, it wasn't worst but it didn't feel like a new breeze in the group neither

I much prefer Batter up than Sheesh

at least in Batter up they had a more youthful type of energy who at least made them a little tiny bit different from Blackpink

but for Sheesh it looks like YG just copy and paste the aesthetic of Blackpink MV and their music sound for Babymonster

it's out

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

so far we have this

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If it's really Bada who choregraphed this

i'm afraid that i might not like the Bada x YG

this choreo doesn't have the bada style at all :/

i'm mad and i'm not mad

I'm mad cuz i listening to sheesh sample and watching the mv teaser it's so obvious that YG is stripping them from any originality or personal identity to just make them look like a ripped off version of blackpink

But the bsides are really different from what blackpink used to do and i'm glad

The album is full of bops, i'm so excited "Like that " sounds amazing

I don't know who's the rapper but with this verse she became my favorite female rapper in kpop

Happy that they release a more pop version of happy the song was good but too boring as a ballad it sounds much better like this

And i guess the first person singing in the sample of batter up is ahyeon ? Cuz i've never heard this voice in the song before

If that's the case i'm actually glad BM debuted without her because i don't like the batter up version with her voice in it 🤔🤔

It's been months since i've been this hype by a kpop release

I actually agree

I've been really into 2nd gen songs recently

And it hit me how kpop before used to have its own vibe

Kpop and kpop songs before before used to just be fun and that's it

Like it feel like there was no idea behind it beside making a fun songs that people would love just

Now it doesn't have this vibe anymore

Kpop feels more like an extension of western music market which wasn't the case before

And now the fun part just disappear from kpop

Like you can directly feel it now when you listen to kpop songs that now company just have as a goal to make a viral tik tok songs it feel even more noticeable with illit debut

Where their songs just sound like a background song you would heard on a random tik tok video while scrolling