Posts by SooYoung

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

9 weeks and counting...

wow they are truly on the next level

How they capture playfulness and fun in some of their songs is a notable quality of the group.

and they produce/compose and write themself the song

Pentagon should be the group the most praise for their talent in composing because i never see any group being able to do something so amazing

That seems to be the issue. Clearly it wasn't commissioned work. It was basically him submitting a proposal. They didn't use his work and then not pay him.

but it wasn't him submitting a proposal

when the Producer himself said they ask him to write song for TXT and BH reach out to other producer

so no it's not the producer himself who submitted a proposal on his own

he did it base on what Big hit ask him when they reach out

i discover them on Kingdom too

i liked Shine but nothing more

i wasn't even rooting for them at first but i don't know there was something about them special

who make me go deeper in their discography and i loved their fresh and cute songs

and no i don't think they'll have a comeback soon

considering that Hongseok is promoting the drama he did with Yeri from red velvet

Let’s adress the real issue here though.

This is not about your concern that the producers aren’t getting paid or that their work is to no avail.

I’ve seen enough of your threads to know when you’re having performative concerns over this.

As an SM stan, and let’s be real, you’d take it *** ** *** *** for LSM, you’re just mad that SM is infamously known for stealing songs and creative ideas from other artists without giving any form of credit. And now you want other companies to have that same bad image so you can say ‘but you’re faves company did this this and this’ whenever SM finds themselves in yet another plagiarism, stealing content controversy :yesr:

LMAOOOOOOOO

please try next time

i was the first one to make the thread on AKP about a producer who worked with SM stealing his student lyrics

so do better next time , but nice try

No, a contract is required for someone to be entitled to payment. If there was no contract, then the producer is not entitled to payment. Currently there is no proof that a contract was even arranged in the first place.

No a contract can be finalize without having any price

bot parties will agree to the price later

and if one of the parties doesn't want to pay, the other parti can go to trial and the judge will put a price on the work of this person

UCC 2-305 :

The parties if they so intend can conclude a contract for saleeven though the price is not settled. In such a case the price is a reasonable price at the time for delivery if

• (a) nothing is said as to price

even if they don't agree on a price, BH is still force to pay them a reasonable price for the work they ask them to do

Unless you get a written contract everything is pointless.

Please when you don't know how law work avoid saying something so untrue '-'

verbal agreement is enough to create a legally binding contract at the moment there's an offer , and acceptation, consideration, and both parties have the capacity to contract

Wow people who don't know anything about law

saying that a contract always need to be written or it doesn't have any value you're clearly not a law student '-'

please avoid this type of comment if you don't know how law work

go read this , and educate yourself on how contract really work to avoid something like this again :pepefacepalm::pepefacepalm:

https://www.lawdepot.com/blog/…as%20an%20oral%20contract).

I understand it cleary. I already said this, it's the producers problem imo. They straight up making assumption without confirming first. Actually, with or without competition seems like the best way is for the producers to make it clear that they NEED to get paid anyway whether the song end up being used or not. Yk, make the term and condition clear.

no

to make a contract you need an offer, and an acceptation of the offer

and in a working relationship price is not needed

at the moment that the relation fit some criteria, a work make under the influence and the control of someone

at the moment you're in a working relationship with someone you need to be pay it's in the law

in this case, we do have a work which is the song they produce

and we also have the influence and control of someone else which is big hit, because this producer wouldn't have made these songs if big hit didn't reach out to them

so they are in a working relationship

and even if they didn't mention a price or else, a work always need to be compensated with money or a counterpart

in this case they didn't receive any money or any counterpart for their work which is not normal

but do you have proof there was a contract or formal commission made?

they don't get paid unless it's formally written to state such. The tweet would have obviously made a huge emphasis on not getting paid after being commissioned or hired. The producer does have the right to be upset, but they fcked themselves over by not getting officially hired.

the producer said himself BIG HIT MADE US WRITE SONG FOR THEM and didn't tell us will be competing with other producer that they ask to produce for them too

this producer didn't send their demo on their own , because they themselves said they reach out to them but also to other producer in their lane to produce for txt

Do you actually have any proof for your claims here?

Like signed contracts, deals etc?

Otherwise you are just talking to be talking.

I get that this is a forum, but still, this is slander without proof.

do you know even how to read

it's the producer themselves who said that big hit made them write for them

and not them who decide to make music for big hit on their own

and the other producer talk about free labor meaning they didn't get paid for their work because they are a little producer

Unless the producers make it clear in the beginning that they need to get paid for the demo songs, whether Bighit end up use it or not, and Bighit agree to that term but still didn't pay the producers in the end, then I don't see the problem tbh.

NO

many people don't seem to make the difference

there's different practice in music

the most common is Producer making a music, and sending the demo to multiple agency hoping one choose the song, but if they don't get choose they don't get paid, and just continue to send their demo to other artist hoping someone will finally pick up, they'll get paid just once someone buy the right of the song

but there's another practice , where in this case, it's the agency who reach out to a producer giving them instructions about a music , and these producers need to write and produce base on this indications

and in this case the producers need to always get paid

because they are in a work relation with the agency

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

in this video i watched last week he explains that he used to own a publishing company and that it's common for producers to send demos and not get paid because they weren't picked. I assumed it was common pratice.

yeah but in the situation he's talking

it's the producer who send their demo on their own

many people don't seem to make the difference

there's different practice in music

the most common is Producer making a music, and sending the demo to multiple agency hoping one choose the song, but if they don't get choose they don't get paid, and just continue to send their demo to other artist hoping someone will finally pick up, they'll get paid just once someone buy the right of the song

but there's another practice , where in this case, it's the agency who reach out to a producer giving them instructions about a music , and these producers need to write and produce base on this indications

and in this case the producers need to always get paid

because they are in a work relation with the agency

an someone correct me, but they all just sent in demos for the chance to compete for a chance that their song would get chosen, right?... " I wonder who prevailed "

No they didn't send demo

Big hit reach out to them asking them to produce songs for txt and didn't get paid at the end

it's different from producer sending their own demo on their own to an agency and didn't get paid, this is a common practice in the music industry

but when it's the agency who reach out to you themself to produce for their artist , it's different , and producer always get paid in this situation

because they worked for the agency , on their demand

this seems like a normal thing in kpop standards

on the other hand I know that in rap world things like that ain't happening, when you give a word, or ask someone for a beat then it means you are taking it, and if not use it now then you will use it on next album or some mixtape

I would also be mad if I would be great producer and someone would waste my time expecting me to "battle for a spot" with multiple other people, some of them which I might be friends with...

some of you didn't understand the real problem here

the real problem here is that BH didn't warn them that they'll compete with other producer

and they didn't pay them for the work they ask them to do it , that's why the producer is talking about "free labor"

they are more mad that they did all these work for free than competing with others