Posts by SooYoung

Dude who wrote the review follows Bang Sihyuk and Le Sserafim on IG so it's hard to say it was unbiased

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

tbh i used to love review and i often read them in the past 2020-2021 for aespa and red velvet album

But now i just doesn't care for everybody, they are like kpop reactor

Kpop fans are seen by a lot like a group of bully ready to bully them when they don't like what they see or read

So they often sugarcoat their review to please kpop fans to avoid the blacklash they might face

Ok so we don't talk about vocals because some fandom acknowledge that their favs are mid or below singer, so for them we shouldn't talk about vocals at the moment all the kpop singers aren't some kind of morisette 2.0

But then why are we talking about dancing when most of the kpop dancer are mid too at best

They wouldn't be able to handle to dance next to some dancers like The twins neither

If you are here for the performance, the stage presence and the visuals

Well you can go watch some dancers competition they have the visual, the performance and the stage presence

And THEY DON'T SING

I get they wrapped up the Fearless-Antifragile-Unforgiven trilogy but I'm not sure in a fan of their new direction musically. It's a bit messy

i'm conflicted

i didn't like perfect night or the bside of their latest album

but i liked easy even if it doesn't have the same replay value than unforgiven or antifragile

what i'm most disappointed about their current direction is in term of aesthetic and concept

they were one of my favorite gg in term of aesthetic with aespa and nj

but how do you went from the amazing teaser of antifragile and unforgiven

to the boring and generic aesthetic of easy teaser

i just hope they go back to their hard hitting powerful empowering sound

mind you it was aespa's first stage in front of a crowd. They had no live stages with a crowd before due to covid restrictions. I think this was what mainly affected their stage presence for a very long time. After 6 months of performing with an audience, their stage presence drastically improved.

yeah alot of people forget this

that coachella was actuakly the first big scene, they never had a concert etc... before

2 months after and i'm hypnotize by this performance

can't wait for this summer and see what they'll do with the new tour

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Why Aespa got trashed for their performance in COachella? I was under the impression they did good.

their performance was announce a week ago when most of the tickets were already sold out and mys couldn't buy any

SM didn't made them perform with a live band like most artist do during their coachella performance

they had no remixes or break up dance in the middle of the stage to hype up the crowd

they had no backup dancer to help them fill up the stage there was only 4 ppl on the big stage and that's it

SM just didn't care about giving aespa good director performance during their special performance

which is a bummer because they couldn't capitalize enough on this coachelka performance because of the poor effort of sm

aespa showed how skilled they were as a rookie group.Their stage presence have greatly improved sine them so I am sure that they would totally slay a Coachella scene now.

tbh aespa stage presence and energy at coachella was good people were justbeing nasty because they expected some crazy performance like bp and lesserafim

but aespa performance team under LSM was a mess he was still stuck in the 2nd gen type of performance

both lesserafim and bp perf felt much more energetic because they perform with a live band, which sm didn't give to aespa

they were 4 people on this massive stage so of course the stage would feel empty and lack of energy compare to bp and lsrf who performed with backup dancer who help them fill the stage and make it look more interesting

both groups adeed twist to their set list with remixes and dance break or new songs while aespa went out there and perform their songs like coachella was just a random music show

if you actually notice people have start to praise aespa performance during drama,the first comeback they made not under the LSM reign and actually the first era where there was no touch of lsm

that's why suddenly they have more backup dancer, gets different break up dance at every show they attend, use pyro etc....

their new team k'ow how to make their performance more engaging compare to the old school vision lsm had about performance

i will never understand how twice were cancelled in korea because of that encore and hybe gg are thriving "singing" like that :skull:

First of all i love lesserafim but i do agree that the performance at least vocally was disappointing too many cracks, off pitch, shaky voices etc...

But the context between lesserafim and twice is completely different and need to be take into account

Twice awful encore stage happened during more &more era, so 5 years after their debut, they were veteran in the industry and had enough stage experience, did multiple concert tours for people to not give this type of performance

Lesserafim is a 2 years old group koreans are more open to forgive because they are still young so they have more room to improve, didn't have much opportunity to perform in front of such a large audience yet etc....

You can't compare their situation to one another cause it's completely different

+ The fact that lesserafim performance happened during coachella a total different crowd that they are not used to so they must have been much more nervous, while twice happened during a simple encore stage that they already have experience dozen of times

If this performance happened during their 5th year of activity trust me koreans would have been heartless to drag them

the performance were great but there's some part where i was really throw out

sakura in antifragile and kazuha during fearless screaming in the mic during their part, it really looked like they wereout of breath and felt that they couldn't stay on pitch so they prefered to scream in the mic and it really throw me off because it didn't feel like it was one of this moment to scream in the mic to hype the crowd

External Content twitter.com

hybe should stop giving songs where yunjin and chaewon have to try to hit higher note because at the end of smart when they had to hit the high note they were off pitch

and kazuha really need to work on her volume when she sings because in easy at the debut of the second verse, she's singing for 2-3 seconds and there's absolutely no sound coming out of her voice

i also really really really dislike the new song, this genre just doesn't fit lesserafim image in myopinion, i don't know if it's with the band that it didn't work or the song itself was bad

besides this the performance were good, the girls had a lot of energy and didn't feel very nervous on stage

I absolute adore brown eyed girls and Spica since i discover them

Especially Spica they were so good and had such a bright future, i really thought "tonight" would be their breakout moment

So much memory

Every international fans were talking about kiss&cry when they debuted and how much they liked their debut and expected their comeback sadly it never came

As for Seeya, i never listen to their songs but i really liked The Seeya debut song but like all their gg

MBK totally ruined the group and never made any effort to promote them really

Even their debut Mv was very low in budget and qulaity

I wonder if this girl is debuting with them

External Content youtu.be

It would be a waste if she dont debut

I bet SM promise her to debut her in their next gg after aespa to make her sign with them

I don't think she would have sign if it was not to debut quickly especially considering that she would have just kept her ytb channel and continue to make money here