Is Day6 actually doing better than I thought in terms of their popularity in SK?

• Just want to point out that any groups I mention here are just for comparison sake to gauge the popularity on Melon platform.

So I was curious to see how well Day6 album is actually doing on Melon. I don't know how to find the actual streams but I can find the Melon likes for them

pasted-from-clipboard.png

So yeah I was thinking eh that actually seem not bad. Zombie with 80k is actually pretty good I mean not god tier but pretty good. And their B-sides are all within the 20k - 30k range

So I was wondering how those numbers compare to other JYPE groups so first group I went to find was Twice, and found out that Day6 numbers are actually higher? EWO had lower numbers but that may be attributed to the reason the album was released at a later date. Like in general even Day6 B-sides are x2 the B-sides of Twice

I was curious about other JYPE groups so why not check out ITZY too. Not Shy had lower numbers so I'ma use IT'z ME for comparison, and same the B-sides are higher. Title track wise Wannabe is higher but kinda expected it was pretty big.

I thought maybe try look at other BGs and see how they compare. Obviously not going for BTS because there's no comparison. So I tried SVT and yeap their numbers are higher for their B-sides, whereas title track Left & Right is almost the same as Zombie

So just to clarify I'm not trying to bring down any groups I'm just thinking how Day6 in terms of popularity vs other groups.

Physical sales wise, they aren't actually doing fantastic not even selling 100k, but somehow when we look at Melon likes (this is not the most accurate measure I know but just for comparison) the numbers seem not bad? Maybe I've been underestimating them or something.

Or is it that Day6 albums, like entire albums not just title tracks, and generally pretty well received by the GP? I suppose maybe MyDays aren't as dedicated to buy a lot of albums, but then our fandom is big enough for them to actually go on 2 World Tours.

Just a random thought that come to my mind. I do hope that they can get even more recognition this year, that is if all the members are well rested especially mentally to make a comeback together.

• I am starting to get into day 6

Any album recommendations.

Here are some songs I would recommend to a first timer

Their debut single, which remains to me a MyDay favourite

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Their most popular song in SK

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Their most popular song on Spotify

The song that got their first win

Their latest OT5 comeback, which also won Best Band Performance MAMA2020

Albums wise you can start with their first full album Sunrise

External Content open.spotify.com

Also, wanna be added to the Day6 taglist? I do appreciation threads and song recommendations time to time, and also updates on their latest activities

:danceb::danceb::danceb:

• thanks.

just finished shinee's dont call me album. onto day 6 next

• If their physical sales are a bit low, but their streams relatively high, then yes, it means they are at least partially supported by the GP, as niche-y as they might seem sometimes.

Which I'm not too surprised about to be honest ? Their music is very pleasant, and they don't have this 'kpop bg' image stuck to them that the korean GP seems sick of recently. From what I know, their concerts were doing well too, before the pandemic ?

Here is hoping that 2021 is Day 6's year !

• If their physical sales are a bit low, but their streams relatively high, then yes, it means they are at least partially supported by the GP, as niche-y as they might seem sometimes.

Which I'm not too surprised about to be honest ? Their music is very pleasant, and they don't have this 'kpop bg' image stuck to them that the korean GP seems sick of recently. From what I know, their concerts were doing well too, before the pandemic ?

Here is hoping that 2021 is Day 6's year !

Yeap. In fact 2017 they had a series of Day6 Everyday6 Concert, basically they had concerts every month the entire year.

2018 and 2019 they had World Tours, one in each year. 2020 stopped because of pandemic and also mental anxiety of members. If everything went well they probably would have toured in 2020 too, since touring is probably their highest source of income.

I do hope they rested well because they deserve the rest. Imagine writing and producing over 100 songs in 5 years, that's like what 20 songs a year, which is more than 1 song per month that they wrote and co-produce. And that is only the songs they put out, usually they write like 20 - 30 overs songs, just so that 6 - 10 songs can be approved on the album so that's basically almost 3 songs per month or something.

Seeing how Day6 is highly involved in their music creation, I really appreciate everything the boys have done. :danceb::danceb::danceb:

• it seem like gp like them and they got many casual fan listening to them

ofcourse they dont have rabid fan like kpop group but rock band usually like this

its fine this way..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!