(G)I-DLE's Yuqi to perform her solo songs today in Show Champion

• info:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

link to stream:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Very few things in Kpop shock me anymore.

But holy hell what did i just watch?

Yuqi got a rando long ass interview session on Show Champion, something i've never seen done in any music show.

Then she performed Giant, which was expected.

But then she did a rock version of SOTY contender Bonnie and Clyde from last year that blew me away.

And the coup de grace? She literally put on a Gibson and started jamming right in the middle of the song!!!

External Content twitter.com

• I didn't even know she had a solo song :whatr:

Because her solo songs were mostly catered towards Chinese market

• I didn't even know she had a solo song :whatr:

She has two. They're both in English and were released last year when she was in China. She was able to promote them there but never had the chance to do it in Korea.

And the coup de grace? She literally put on a Gibson and started jamming right in the middle of the song!!!

lol I doubt she's playing the guitar for real. But I agree this stage was unexpected since she's not promoting right now and the songs aren't new releases. I wonder what motivated MBC M to book this stage, who made it possible because it's rare that an idol gets such an opportunity out of the blue.

It seems like TOMBOY's success opened a lot of doors for the members.

• She has two. They're both in English and were released last year when she was in China. She was able to promote them there but never had the chance to do it in Korea.

lol I doubt she's playing the guitar for real. But I agree this stage was unexpected since she's not promoting right now and the songs aren't new releases I wonder what motivated MBC M to book this stage, who made it possible because it's rare that an idol gets such an opportunity out of the blue.

It seems like TOMBOY's success opened a lot of doors for the members.

Yeah, i highly doubt she was actually playing the solo, it just looked so cool. She mightve been playing the rhythm guitar part.

I can feel it, Kpop will finally eventually give me what i want, 80s rock/Kpop fusion :pepe-pray: .

Also, i think what Gidle is doing deserves its own thread. They are literally blowing up right now, they are everywhere in Korea. I could list like a dozen things going on with them.

• External Content www.youtube.com

Here is rocker Yuqi just killing it. I will need an official rock version of Bonnie and Clyde like NOW.

• Yeah, i highly doubt she was actually playing the solo, it just looked so cool. She mightve been playing the rhythm guitar part.

I'm pretty sure that nobody was playing anything live in this performance.

Notice that the drums aren't mic'd up, which is an obvious giveaway that we don't have live instrumentals.

Also, the song features acoustic guitar, yet no one is playing one, only electric.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!