BTS military exemptions allegedly "cancelled" due to Jimin's "foreclosure" scandal

• BTS military exemptions allegedly "cancelled" due to Jimin's "foreclosure" scandal

bts%20jimin.png

Article: "Hul, BTS military exemptions have been cancelled because of Jimin"

Source: Pann

Because of his foreclosure, military exemption is practically lost due to worsening public opinion.

bts%20jimin%20exemption.png

comment1.png

1. [+436, -235] They just want to place blame on Jimin somehow. They're just looking for a way to push things back and get ahead of the health insurance leak. He seriously needs to sue the agency for the poor way they handled this.
    2. [+434, -59] It doesn't matter whether it works out or not.
    3. [+247, -11] This is an article written by a reporter anti that only looked at reactions from antis.
    4. [+245, -16] Looks like the agency is using Jimin as a shield. Why were his insurance premiums delayed? And what happened to the leak, isn't the first thing to do filing a complaint over the security? What a useless company ugh~
    5. [+238, -5] We're tired. Just go to the military on your own.
    6. [+138, -22] Still no apology?
    7. [+124, -20] Their image deteriorated because of articles saying his officetel even got seized.
    8. [+111, -24] Is he not going to apologize?
  • It wasn't gonna happen in the first place. That's why they kept dragging their feet about it. Just like every other political promise it was just something to get good press.

• Alright let me do some fact checking:

it's from this article: https://www.seoul.co.kr/news/newsView.php?id=20220509500090

(outlet has published a lot of anti exemption articles before)

Rough translation of the part from the article (intro) that the folks on pann copied

Nowhere in the article(which is pretty bad and incoherent) does it even mention the word "cancelled" in regards to the process surrounding enlistment/exemption

and oh yeah let me for fun also just post some of the random comments(which sadly don't get as much engagement as the lovely netizens on pann or the qoo but still) underneath this article while we're at it:

- Opposition? Looks like the reporter is trying to get the atmosphere into it. I am 60 years old tomorrow after finishing my active duty, but I greatly appreciate BTS's contribution. If there are young people who bloomed as a cultural powerhouse through their efforts, it is likely that they are simply opposed by their own logic. Encounter the world with such a narrow inner shell creates unnecessary conflict forces of conflict. Be envious when others do well, but don't be jealous. That way, others will gladly applaud you.

- BTS should be exempted from military service for national interest

- This article is really weird. People around me are saying that I should be exempted, and men in their 50s should be exempted. Why is the public opinion cold and who is against it so much?Are their achievements worse than gold medals? Is it worse than winning a prize at a national and international competition?It's a world I don't understand.

And this article is full of lies. As can be easily seen in many surveys conducted so far, the majority of the public are in favor of BTS's exemption from military service. It's as easy as that. If musicians and sportsmen are always exempt from military service, BTS, who has made more contributions to the country, should also be exempted. I have never seen anyone complain when Son Heung-min was exempted from military service.

So imo this wasn't one of the best translated articles posted here (don't know if they even exist...) but let me just recommend everyone who's interested in following this situation to watch mbc's pd note special on it. They at least did some real journalistic work into it :-)

Moved the thread from forum Deadzone to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!