Should idols be punished for things they did at school?

• Should idols be punished for things they did at school? 105

1. Yes, if they did something bad (21) 20%
    2. No, it was so long ago! (20) 19%
    3. Depends on the severity of their actions (64) 61%

I just want to see what the consensus is on this. Personally I think people being punished retrospectively for any bad deed they did when they were kids seems way too severe. It feels rather Orwellian! Who can say they have never said or done something they later regret?

That being said, if someone did something truly horrific then I think there should be repercussions. What do you guys think?

• There is a thing called statue of limitations. When something happens after X many years, a person cannot press charges. I don't think the person making the claim, if true, should be completely dismissed. The celebrity can issue an apology so both parties can move on with their lives.

In the western world, I don't think people would be as empathetic unless the celebrity physically harmed people or grew into a bigger and bigger abusive monster over the years.

• I just want to see what the consensus is on this. Personally I think people being punished retrospectively for any bad deed they did when they were kids seems way too severe. It feels rather Orwellian! Who can say they have never said or done something they later regret?

Orwellian is the word indeed.

I replied "it depends". I lean towards the no, but of course, if we talking murder, rape, torture, it's an entirely different matter. Those things are not schoolyard quarrels. For other situations, a line has to be drawn somewhere. Nobody's gonna (nor should) hunt a 80yo disabled man down to his retirement home because he was a bully in middle school.

• It depends, but the same way some are dismissing how severe bullying is and how affected the victims feels with traumas, I would lean to the yes, they should be punished even if they are adult. If you break something, you need to pay for it.

And please, don't quote me if some are gonna say that victims should move on and be happy :rolleyes: I'm not talking about your faves. I'm talking in general, but it depends of the actions.

And yes, I was a normal kid who didn't find it funny to humiliate others kids too :clown: it's not hard to be a decent human being since young.

• Depends how bad the thing was. You don’t need to be a 100 year old to know that u shouldn’t hit your classmates, spit on them, make fun of them, scare them. They knew what they did was wrong amd still did it. Just because it’s in the past doesn’t mean it’s ok, any decent human being knows that, your faves are no exception and they deserve to lose their career if they actually did those things. However if it was something like just calling someone names then they definitely don’t deserve to be punished, the "victims" are just childish and should move on.

• I mean, if it was something less severe, like drinking or smoking, definitely not

But in case its something more serious, like bullying, if its confirms to be real, and then the accused part refuses to apologize, they should be punished, like removed from their group or something

• I don't trust knetz and their hypocrisy. They'll even fabricate rumors that a celebrity didn't attend a certain college and obtain such-and-such diploma, totally blowing up a scandal, and even when given proof multiple times, they refuse to believe it and keep harassing and pushing the issue that the artist has to sue for criminal defamation.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!