Do you think leaving a fandom because of the stans/fans is a reasonable excuse?

• What do you think? 52

The result is only visible to the participants.

• I think it's okay to disengage from a fandom if you feel like it's detrimental to your mental health.

I think people need to recognize that not engaging in a fandom is okay. You can still like a thing without having to put up with the shit that happens in a fandom. Like there's a reason I don't hang out on anime twitter and it's because it's gross and often extremely hostile for female fans... I still love anime though. I just talk about it with an extremely small circle of people.

• The question isn't unstanning a group. It's leaving the fandom.

That's two completely different things.

• Yeah it's ok. Being in a fandom and being a fan of someone aren't the same thing. You can still be a fab of someone without really interacting with like minded fans especially if you don't get along.

• I mean that’s their choice, but I still find stupid you stan artists not stans. All my fandoms are annoying me but it’s really not that serious for me to unstan my favs.

i get this side a lot too, but it can also get to the point where fans are ruining your perception and enjoyment of music as well. like sometimes the only way would be to really stop using social media because how else are you going to avoid that side. im speaking from personal experience here, there was a point when fans were making things out to be as bad, when i loved it, and if i hated something i was dragged? like if im not allowed to have my opinions and enjoy my hobby anymore, and be able to safely talk about them, i don't feel like its worth spending time on them anymore.

• I think people can leave for whatever reason they want. Maybe fandom experience is one of the reasons they get invested in an artist and It's fine.

I just think It's odd when people start to write essays about the reason of their departure. But It's also their choice after all.

yeah that's really annoying. its like they found a new religion and are like i was a sinner lord forgive me. shut up jessica, no one wants to hear it :pepe-just-smile:

• My answer is YES.

There are several groups that I listen to or listened in the past, but I will never join their fandom for the sake of my mental health.

P.S. I'm not in your personal taglist? :pepecry:

i made it in october so we weren't that close back then :pepecry:

• well yeah, obviously lmao, i think that's how most people get in LOL

this was my reasoning though:

i get this side a lot too, but it can also get to the point where fans are ruining your perception and enjoyment of music as well. like sometimes the only way would be to really stop using social media because how else are you going to avoid that side. im speaking from personal experience here, there was a point when fans were making things out to be as bad, when i loved it, and if i hated something i was dragged? like if im not allowed to have my opinions and enjoy my hobby anymore, and be able to safely talk about them, i don't feel like its worth spending time on them anymore.

• I personally think it's weird unstanning because of the fandom since it's the artist that I stan instead of the fandom. The most that I would do would be to retreat from stan acc and stanning on my own. But to each of their own since you know yourself the best

:wellr:

personally, i feel like that you may not directly unstan, but interacting with fans is a big part of liking a group for me, because that's what helps me grow as both a stan and a fan, so if one half of it rotten, i feel like eventually i'll just lose feelings for the group and their music as well..

• Yeah it can be reasonable. Stans can be toxic and you don't need to put up with it.

also @zuzuhhaa why am I not on your taglist?tae7.gif

why didn't you comment in my thread is the more important question?? 204132-tae7-gif

zuzuhhaa
  • I'm sorry I don't get what you're trying to say. It's almost midnight here so my brain is not at the best capacity too...

:pepe-just-smile:

i realized it made so sense, hopefully this gives more clarification? ;(

personally, i feel like that you may not directly unstan, but interacting with fans is a big part of liking a group for me, because that's what helps me grow as both a stan and a fan, so if one half of it rotten, i feel like eventually i'll just lose feelings for the group and their music as well..

• there is a group who I would hype up more if it weren't for their fandom ngl. But if I liked them enough it wouldn't stop me for becoming a fan so there's that.

• why didn't you comment in my thread is the more important question?? 204132-tae7-gif

zuzuhhaa

I didn't see it fam :pepe-tinfoil-hat:

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• i realized it made so sense, hopefully this gives more clarification? ;(

If you think that interacting with other fans are a big part of your stanning experiences, the only way that you could do to improve your experience is to curate your tl and find other mutual who share the same preferences with you...

People are free to express their preference but you also have the same freedom to do that...

It may be harder if your fandom is smaller, but I'm sure there's other people who match better with you eventho it's only 1-2 people...

• If you think that interacting with other fans are a big part of your stanning experiences, the only way that you could do to improve your experience is to curate your tl and find other mutual who share the same preferences with you...

People are free to express their preference but you also have the same freedom to do that...

It may be harder if your fandom is smaller, but I'm sure there's other people who match better with you eventho it's only 1-2 people...

oh yeah, i think you're right. but it happened to me with a group in like 2020-ish and it got to the point where i couldn't enjoy anything anymore, even afting leaving those places, the effects of it kinda just stayed. :pepe-in-bed:

• Yes, kpop stans are annoying and it can really mess with ur stan experience. Then people be like "stop interacting with kpop stans" they are everywhere please be serious. It's impossible to stop interacting with people that are also fans of content that you consume, that's how most social platforms are designed. No one can police what other people choose to do in their own lives, especially since someone can always stan that group again :pepe-shrug:

• Yeah fandom experience can be ruined by some stans

but leaving the fandom is different than stop liking right? lol

I feel like I left many fandom during life but I never stopped enjoying... in a way its difficult to leave 100% even if the fandom pisses you off but yeah its reasonable to go away from the fandom if the experience sucks

• Just reacting to the fact that the effects still stay eventho you already unstanned...

no, i didn't unstan them until much later ^^

i stopped interacting with fans in 2020, but nothing was the same anymore so i unstanned "officially" if you could even put it that way. :pepe-shrug:

• I feel disappointed in ppl here. seriously are you all fans because of the fandom?

as for me, I`m a fan for the music first, so even if my fandom was trash, I would still be a fan of the group.

its not like groups fault their fandom is trash.

just ignore the fandom, its not like you have to be in a fandom to be a fan and enjoy their music and other stuff.

e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj 1c0edef70bd6974f36d15be96d5399a1cfaed76e.gifv c205b019cd8a46c569e9c4e2f04194a2fde39f74.gifv e27eb299e8ce0bafba7649c82fc04d200d42a974.gifv e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj

♦ visit my aesthetic shop here

• This thread contains 23 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!