So can we finally admit Big 2 privilege exists?

• Bullying scandals left and right are being picked up by the Korean press. Yet anything involving SM or YG, silence....

Reports on SM massive tax fraud, silence...

Nugu idols bully rumors, 24/7 coverage

Even thought not too long ago Karina had a bullying scandal of her own corroborated by:

- post on Twitter by friend who revealed Karina badmouthing Kai while shooting a CF

- post on Instagram by a person who knew of trainees bullied by Karina & friends, one trainee committed suicide

- post on Pann by former SM staff who showed his staff card and confirmed negative rumors

But none of this will ever make it to the news even though every other rumor is. That’s because SM, and YG to a certain extent, have more power to censor the news.

Irene’s case was the only exception because they had the recording.

• Well YG idols were involved in a lot of other scandals and exposed so I'm not really sure about this... :sweatr1:

YG was able to hide all the skeletons in their closet for YEARS but after the GDragon, Bom, TOP, and Seungri issues happened it was like the dam broke and YG couldn’t stop everything that was flooding out. Yet they still manage to hide a lot of things that goes beyond prostitution and gambling the media could barely hide

• YG was able to hide all the skeletons in their closet for YEARS but after the GDragon, Bom, TOP, and Seungri issues happened it was like the dam broke and YG couldn’t stop everything that was flooding out. Yet they still manage to hide a lot of things that goes beyond prostitution and gambling the media could barely hide

what are the 'a lot' scandals that are hidden by YG? You are saying this without ground. Scandals break our because there is whistleblower or confrontation by victims. They are not 'hidden' in a sense

• Seriously OP stfu please and thanks YG and SM groups and artists are always fucking dragged through the mud especially on this forum also Karina scandals were PROVEN false and Irene and Chanyeol were literally in 2 huge scandals LITERALLY MONTHS AGO Omfg you're so annoying worry about your faves and stfu about ours kthnx. Also to add all the fake ass scandals concerning Karina and Giselle were debunked by former class mates Karina classmates showed receipts going to same school as her and had letters she wrote them matching her handwriting the people accusing Karina vanished and never proved ANY proof after SM threatened legal action only a dumb ass would still fall gor those obviously fake rumours and Giselle friend came forward debunking rumours Giselle was drinking and smoking and a bully she showed pics of her and Giselle the public never saw before it's 2021 if you still gullible enough to think a SM trainee commuted suicide cause of one of the aespa girls and none of the og sm rookies said a peep you're delusional at this point.

Edited once, last by reiusagi ().

• Lol. Taeyong got bashed and trashed for 3-5 years for all kinda rumors that were later proven to be false.

SM groups consistently get massive heaps of bashing out of 'scandals' from rumors, antis and jealous/threatened other-groups before and at their debut, case in point Aespa.

For years, members from SM groups like SNSD, EXO etc got serial bashed due to fake or overblown 'scandals', with SM hardly responding or taking measures of any kind.

YG just got out of the latest chain of scandal hits involving their groups BB and iKON.

So, let me get this straight:

- if scandals hit SM and YG members and they get 'exposed' and bashed with their company seemingly doing nothing, then the rumors must be true/the artists deserved it/the companies are pushing or allowing it for publicity reasons.

- if there's scandalous rumors regarding SM/YG members, but those rumors flicker out or fade away or remain insubstantial, then it must've been SM and YG the companies that are doing rumor damage control.

- if other companies suffer rumors and alleged scandals of their artists and there are at that time no scandals regarding YG/SM artists, then it must be SM and YG suppressing all scandals regarding their artists, bribing and buying off people behind the scenes.

I think I got it.

No matter if there's rumors and scandals happening or not, SM and YG are always controlling everything, doing rumor control behind the scenes.

And alleged bullying scandal in public or not, SM and YG artists have done it and are guilty of them anyway (because they're all evil and rotten to the core).

OP's and threads like these makes me realise how much I still have to learn of K-pop, reading OP makes me feel enlightened already, thank you :claps:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Op all that you’ve mentioned has already been covered by the media. What more do you want?

Karinas bullying rumours were cleared up by friends and people she went to school with.

SM tax fraud has been talked about in Korea with multiple articles, plus it was announced like 2 weeks ago so there’s not much else to say about it.

Obviously it’s clear that you want something else to deflect from your faves.

• The way you're dragging Karina into this just because your bias group got into a controversy is just petty :pepe-clown-gear:

Fyi, the rumors were proven FALSE as testified by Karina's classmates. The accusers even vanished after that :pepe-hehe:

nothing was proven false or true

All this stuff is just rumors. Difference is the media would rather focus on rumors not involving SM right now

• It's not SM and YG fault your faves were shit kids with shit attitudes and now are being exposed. And not at only g idles fans defending this ridiculous theory to justify why Soojin scandal is so big when guess what? YG/SM scandals were bigger. It's just that you guys are weak to take the pressure of a scandal involving your fave. And she is still innocent until proven guilty, so calm down and stop trying to change the situation to others innocent idols.

• you’d think reporters would be more interested in how a major company was able to do massive fraud to the government, the people involved, the tricks they used and how they got caught

But they’d rather devote days on the middle school lives of women with zero power

• It's not SM and YG fault your faves were shit kids with shit attitudes and now are being exposed. And not at only g idles fans defending this ridiculous theory to justify why Soojin scandal is so big when guess what? YG/SM scandals were bigger. It's just that you guys are weak to take the pressure of a scandal involving your fave. And she is still innocent until proven guilty, so calm down and stop trying to change the situation to others innocent idols.

only Irene, Hyorin and Jimin got truly exposed

When there were rumors about Baekhyun and Karina and others, nobody was calling that getting “exposed”, just rumors

• nothing was proven false or true

All this stuff is just rumors. Difference is the media would rather focus on rumors not involving SM right now

What are you even talking about this was dragged and in the media for months. And then died down.

I promise no one will care about your nugu favs after a few weeks too kpop idols aren’t that interesting eye-

• only Irene, Hyorin and Jimin got truly exposed

When there were rumors about Baekhyun and Karina and others, nobody was calling that getting “exposed”, just rumors

I’m sorry Baekhyun WHAT?

And stop bringing up Karina her situation was exactly like these other idols. Bullying scandal in the media that lasted for many weeks lol. And everyone and I mean EVERYONE dragging her.

• What are you even talking about this was dragged and in the media for months. And then died down.

I promise no one will care about your nugu favs after a few weeks too kpop idols aren’t that interesting eye-

If nugu groups got even a quarter of the hate karina or aespa got they’d probably disband lol.

it’s not about the hate they get from Pann girls, but whether the media actually reports it like legitimate news the same way they are doing for nugu bully rumors

• it’s not about the hate they get from Pann girls, but whether the media actually reports it like legitimate news the same way they are doing for nugu bully rumors

There were so many news article eye- now why are you spreading lies lol. There were NEWS articles and hate on forums.

How do you think this issue got spread without news articles eye-

• Wait - anything involving YG, silence???

Did you hatch this year?

I could argue that the real privilege comes from no accusations even surfacing. It's not like some idols come from elsewhere, they all grew up in the same toxic environments. Your faves don't get to be exceptions just because you personally wish it.

I think YG may benefit from reflected privilege for a while now though. Dispatch has probably been called off.

• only Irene, Hyorin and Jimin got truly exposed

So what? Are they at fault? You just sound really pathetic about wanting the "same treatment" when the allegedly victims are also receiving a lot of hate. Just go to the actress ig and see some of your fandom being disgusting and also "canceling" her. Stop trying to put the image that just Soojin is suffering, when international K-pop fans are being extremely evil to the other girl.

As I said she is innocent until proven guilty, but this is having such a massive chaos thanks to both sides being rude and exaggerating about it.

• So what? Are they at fault? You just sound really pathetic about wanting the "same treatment" when the allegedly victims are also receiving a lot of hate. Just go to the actress ig and see some of your fandom being disgusting and also "canceling" her. Stop trying to put the image that just Soojin is suffering, when international K-pop fans are being extremely evil to the other girl.

As I said she is innocent until proven guilty, but this is having such a massive chaos thanks to both sides being rude and exaggerating about it.

all accusers get hate from fans. doesn't matter which company.

of course im not asking for people's careers to be destroyed from rumors. im just pointing out how a more powerful company has more influence over the media compared to nugu companies.

• all accusers get hate from fans. doesn't matter which company.

of course im not asking for people's careers to be destroyed from rumors. im just pointing out how a more powerful company has more influence over the media compared to nugu companies.

except you lied about it tho. Taeyong Irene Aespa were in the news and dragged for many weeks for their bullying/attitude problems.

The fact that you made this thread is proof that those incidents were not forgotten.

• except you lied about it tho. Taeyong Irene Aespa were in the news and dragged for many weeks for their bullying/attitude problems.

The fact that you made this thread is proof that those incidents were not forgotten.

Taeyong case kept getting ignored for YEARS

Only because the victim and accuser were relentless did SM finally met with them (let’s be honest, pay them off)

Irene was no longer important to SM as she was during her debut (contract about to expire, may or may not re-sign). Also the accuser had irrefutable evidence

I didn’t see Aespa member accusations outside of Pann. Not in news reports

• So yes you agree they were in the news. Good see you agreed that you’re a liar.

• I swear you just hate SM idols. TY was defended by dispatch after years of hate, I have no clue what you mean by Irene, and Karina was in the news.

• This thread contains 28 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!