I don't know how I feel about multi-fandom people...

• I COMPLETELY ABSOLUTELY understand that there are so many great talented gorgeous artists (groups and soloists) today that it might be difficult to only get into a single group or artist, saying this, I'm not against multi stans or anything like that.

However, I've come across people claiming to be part of several SEVERAL fandoms, to stan like 50 groups, and I wonder if there's the possibility that they are considering themselves to be a fan too easily, too lightly (?). But at the same time, who is to say whether you are a fan or not, there's not an established criteria to tell whether you are "qualified" to claim yourself to be part of a particular fandom.

I guess I just miss those times when it was more common to be fan of one, maybe two groups, there were clear cut fandom groups and it was more fun to be part of a fandom cause belonging to a fandom was more meaningful (don't want to use the word 'meaningful' cuz it would undermine? the value of fans today, which I don't mean to do, but I'll use this word for the sake of expressing myself).

Anyways, just ranting here, just wanted to say this somewhere, wondering if there are others who share my thoughts. It was kinda a lot of words, appreciate if you read the whole thing.

Okay, byeee

• idk i've heard from a lot of 2nd gen stans i've talked to that fans back then were much more willing to like multiple groups and fandoms were less clear cut. i guess different people remember it differently.

for me, only stanning one group is restrictive when there's so many diverse concepts out there. i have my ult(s), but i talk about way more groups than just them, so if someone asks me how many groups i stan i'll include groups i am a more casual fan of since you never know if you might bond with someone over them. and i guess there is less "criteria" for stanning groups the more you stan since let's be real, you're not gonna feel some "personal connection" with every single idol you stan or like. but that's okay. it's just music after all.

i feel like this thread is gonna pop off, so shout out to my piece of peace multi guild! check it out here: 🌺 ☮ Piece of Peace ☮ 🌺 Multi Guild

• I have a main bias group that I keep with all the time. And then I have other groups and artists I occasionally check on for updates and listen to their music. There’s nothing wrong in being a multi in my opinion being a fan for over 7 years, I’ve come across lots of groups. But I know what you mean, I myself can only keep up with at max 3 groups. There’s no way someone can keep track of more than 10

• I think those 50+ group fans are using the term "Stan" very liberally

I think there's a difference between liking a group and stanning.

The first would probably be enjoying some of the group's music and may/my not watch other content such as variety shows and vlives and such.

Stan on the other hand would probably mean that you've opened your wallet for the group at least once or at the very least consumed all of that group's content.

You may like 50+ groups but I don't think its possible to stan 50+

• I stan 43 boy groups and i follow all 43 on several platforms and own several group cd's

sooo yeah what kind of questions can i answer :P

'cause i got no shame lol

I also have one ult = ateez 2 2nd ults = e'last and noir

sooo yeah...i can tell you i have 2 binders full of ateez, one of e'last one of mixed

2 e'last autographed cd's, i own all of ateez and e'last cd's and all of onewe's cd's all of superm's cd's i mean

i can show and list off my entire collection lol

• What do you consider taking "being a fan" too lightly? Anyway I'm glad it's more common to see huge multistans nowadays, most nugu fans are from that subset

Yah... didn't know what words to use to best express myself...

Calling themselves fans too easily? Kinda like liking a a few songs and being like "I'm a fan"

Ayways they HAVE ALL THE RIGHT to do so so yeah

• y shame

it's cool u have a collection

• Are you serious FORTY-THREE groups??????

8|:rolleyes::wow:?(:S=O8o

and like you remember the names and positions of each one?

You did say stan (I double checked that) as oppose to like so like do you have an album for each group that you stan?

have you heard each song from each of your groups?

have you like watched all of their content like variety shows and each group's own shows like that?

How the F*** do you even have time for all those things?

• Yah... didn't know what words to use to best express myself...

Calling themselves fans too easily? Kinda like liking a a few songs and being like "I'm a fan"

Ayways they HAVE ALL THE RIGHT to do so so yeah

I see! I say I stan a lot of groups but I at least know the full discographies and their voices for all of them :'D I think it's mostly people new to kpop who start saying they stan a group that quickly

𝒮𝐻𝐼𝒩𝑒𝑒 - 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 - 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓇 - 𝑀𝑜𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶 𝒳 - 𝒯𝒳𝒯
    6d1cd54bd9cf85dd3a13023e979e42328bdc2168.gifv

• y shame

it's cool u have a collection

yes dead serious

like 2 of them haven't debuted yet

most are nugu

Full List Of BG's I Like (43):

A.C.E, **Ateez, Ciipher, CIX, Cravity, D-Crunch, DKB, Dongkiz, **E'Last, Enoi, Enhypen, EXO, Ghost9, Got7, Imfact, Kingdom, MCND, Monsta X, MustB, N.Cus, NCT (All Units), **Noir, Nu'Est, OneUs, Onewe, ONF, P1Harmony, Pentagon, Seven O'Clock, Seventeen, SF9, SHINee, Stray Kids, SuperM, Target, The Boyz, Treasure, Up10ion, Vanner, VAV, VeriVery, Victon, Vixx, WEi

Favorite to Least Favorite:

Ateez, E'last, Noir, Oneus, Onewe, VeriVery, Pentagon, D-Crunch, SHINee, NCT (All Units), Victon, SuperM, Treasure, Enoi, The Boyz, Ghost9, P1Harmony, ONF, Monsta X, Stray Kids, Nu'est, Vixx, VAV, Seven O'Clock, SF9, Got7, EXO, MustB, Cravity, Enhypen, Dongkiz, Up10ion, CIX, Wei, A.C.E, MCND, Vanner, Target, Imfact, DKB, N.Cus, Kingdom, Ciipher

I do not own an album from EVERY group i have heard EVERY group who has debuted's music, I follow over 50 on twitter and instagram

I haven't watched all their shows no, and how do i have time? i have no life in this pandemic :)

Screenshot_6.pngScreenshot_7.png

enjoy my spotify too :)

well if it would f'n work

open.spotify.com/user/12124316263

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!