LE SSERAFIM "Fearless" : BOP vs FLOP

• Considering the fact that those 4 members brought a lot of talents into izone (3/4 members who were considered aces in izone appear here), maybe those producers did what they had to do to make this group survive the “talentless” criticisms :sweatr: :pepe-life-support:

• Love it. I like how chill and low-key is. Also Yunjin is a star. I’m glad Hybe kept her after Produce 48.

The only thing I hated is that one part of the choreo. When you have minor members in your group you should be a bit more mindful. At least from what I’ve heard it was only for the mv and won’t be doing it on music shows and whatnot but still.

• the description actually meant “funk”, not “punk”. The problem is there’s no f sound in the korean alphabet so it has to be substituted with the p sound, causing confusion for translators and they ran with the wrong translation lol

Oh that makes more sense! I was wondering, because it's not even a "squint and you can kinda hear the punk influence" lol

68dbac6cf6b12b62e3786a2d59c0b7ec2e1fb613.gifv

Don't mind the others and smile <3 No matter what anyone says

• Considering the fact that those 4 members brought a lot of talents into izone (3/4 members who were considered aces in izone appear here), maybe those producers did what they had to do to make this group survive the “talentless” criticisms :sweatr: :pepe-life-support:

You can also add the fact that IZ*ONE had a super unique charm with almost all members being standout members, something that Kep1er is really struggling with.

• The musical elements they tried probably required a bit more power than they had put in.

I think they might have had a middling problem. they wanted to do a billie eilish chill type but also wanted to have power moves so they tried to do both sides as best they could.

• I can describe experience with this song as: I like it, but I am not in love with it yet I want to watch/listen to it again) Song isn't too much into your face, not some noisy strange frankenshtein's monster made from 5 different songs, without any high-pitch screeching, without try-hard badass attitude or hip-hop when they don't even write their bars, there is no typical cuteness or girl crash in it, finally more or less mature concept - really interesting debut for kpop.

Bsides are fine, although I don't really remember them after first listen.

MV is also not smth I like and it doesn't look expensive (for real, where is the budget?) but still I enjoy rewatching it.

I have checked out their performances as well already and everything looks really good, honestly very promising group. I liked school uniforms outfits, but had some questions for black outfits.

Also I have to say that for a group that trained in full membership for not so long they have a great harmony. They also really suit each other visually, every member has her own energy and thing going on, they all are quite memorable and you can distinguish them pretty easily, it's really good, not very typical for kpop tbh.

• I like it but (and I know this isn’t exclusive to kpop) I really wish producers would add runs and adlibs back to the bridge of songs. Like what is the point of main vocals if they’re not going to be able to show off their voices? The whole latter half of the song needed vocal buildup.

Disservice to Yunjin and Chaewon, who have beautiful voices. Sadly there’s not anywhere on the album where I feel like either one was pushed vocally.

• I like it but (and I know this isn’t exclusive to kpop) I really wish producers would add runs and adlibs back to the bridge of songs. Like what is the point of main vocals if they’re not going to be able to show off their voices? The whole latter half of the song needed vocal buildup.

Disservice to Yunjin and Chaewon, who have beautiful voices. Sadly there’s not anywhere on the album where I feel like either one was pushed vocally.

I think they are more of a performance kind of group and vocals don't seem to be the main focus

• I think they are more of a performance kind of group and vocals don't seem to be the main focus

I agree with you. Even still, someone has to sing their songs lol. I feel like adding in a buildup after the 2nd chorus would’ve made the song seem less boring to people. I really like the album but since we already know what two of the members are capable of vocally, seems like a disservice to them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!