FeLiNa listens to TXT's entire discography

• after being obsessed (rightfully so) with Ghosting + jamming out to some of their title tracks, i decided that hey, i really like this group.

but recently, i saw that Taehyun was a Swiftie on weverse....

and that was The Moment I Knew (TV) (lol) that i had to become a MoA.

(also, MoAs, you should check out Taehyun's recs omg you would adore them)

so guess what? i have decided i will be listening to their entire discography and doing a full discussion afterwards. it seems fitting, especially in honor of their new mini coming out.

here's how this is going to work: i'm going to listen to each song three times. once to get a general feel for the song and listen to the lyrics. once while watching color coded so i know who's singing. and then another time just to see overall what i think.

will this be tedious looking to everyone else? yes.

will anyone really care? probably not.

i'll update as i go. obviously i can't do this in one sitting but yeah!

🔴= don't like it

🟡= it's okay

🟢= this is good

⚪= uhhh this is amazing

🟣= this is god's gift to fucking earth. i didn't really believe in god before this song, but now i do. no one else can make a song like this.

• The Dream Chapter: STAR

1. Blue Orangeade: 🟢, 🟢, ⚪

2. CROWN: 🟡,🟢,🟢

3. Our Summer: 🟡,🟢,🟢

4. Cat & Dog: ⚪, ⚪, ⚪ (FEEL LIKE CINDERELLA NAEGA BYEONHAE)

5. Nap of a star: 🟢, 🟢, 🟡(?)

How I felt:

"Blue Orangeade"- THE "YOUUUUUUUU" in the second verse is giving Soulja Boy omg forgive me ;( . real talk though this song is so good omg?! it was good from the first listen, and the lyrics are adorable (unless my understanding of Korean is wrong, (i doubt it is :eyes: )). and now on third listen i just think it's amazing. cutest opposites attract song ever. also Huening-Kai's range is insane holy fuck.

"CROWN"- I may get shot for this, but it's catchy, but not in the repeatable way? i'm so confused about how i feel right now because it's good but i feel like there's something missing. but also the lyrics are so relatable <- first listen.

update: i lied. i watched the music video and they won me over, it's GOOD. also those relatable lyrics again. FUCK. damn you Yeonjun!!!! (i say as i eye Soobin the entire mv :clown: )

"Our Summer"- i am naturally inclined to like anything summer related (personal reasons) so i thought it would be immediate love. it was not?..... it was second listen love. HAAAAA GOTEEEEMMMM. y'all thought i would dislike THIS song???!! c'mon now. it's so catchy and the lyrics are so aesthetic omg. it's giving the Red Summer mini album by RV. that is a GOOD thing.

"Cat & Dog"- there is no explanation needed for this. me when i feel like cinderella naega byeonhae: ;(^^:love::evil::sleeping:8|

so i'm almost done with the album and i'm now scared this may become a recurring theme: they have no bad songs.

it may be too early to say but like... i feel like i'm right.

"Nap of a star"- that feeling when a song starts and you know it's gonna be sad :S . the beginning was iffy but the fucking transition is so beautiful i want to throw myself on the throw and pull my hair out and cry (similarly to Ghosting but on less of an extreme level). also not my dumbass knowing Korean and still hearing "Mikasa" over and over again in the song.... looks like i've been watching too much AOT. ALSO OMG I'M WRITING THIS AS I LISTEN BUT THE SONG HAS THIS SOUND EFFECT DURING THE BRIDGE THAT SOUNDS LIKE A FALLING STAR/SOMETHING DESCENDING AND I'M LOSING IT1!!!!!

the music video is gorgeous, and the story straight up had me in tears even though i don't understand the full universe. i heard the orchestral arrangements in the music video and i actually prefer it to the officially released song. which is why it went from good to "okay" for me (don't kill me), though i'm sure this will change.

Conclusion:

One of the best debut albums I've ever heard. Cohesive. Maintains a sound, tells a story, ends perfectly. New groups seem unable to achieve this for some reason- yet TXT did it so effortlessly. Also they're all so talented wtf.

Edited 23 times, last by FeLiNa ().

• The Dream Chapter: MAGIC

1. New Rules: 🟢, ⚪, ⚪

2. 9 and Three Quarters - Run Away: 🟢, ⚪, 🟣

3. Roller Coaster: 🟡, 🟡, 🟡(?)

4. Poppin' Star: 🟢, 🟢, ⚪

5. Can't We Just Leave the Monster Alive?: 🟡, 🟡, 🟡

6. Magic Island: 🟢, ⚪, ⚪

7. 20cm: ⚪, ⚪, ⚪

8. Angel or Devil: 🟡, 🟡, 🟡

How I felt:

"New Rules"- The tone of the "I think I'm feeling alright" RAN ME OVER LIKE A TRUCK. HEY GUYS??? I'M ONLY 24 SECONDS IN AND EXPERIENCING PANIC?! WAS THIS MEANT TO BE HOT??? AT THE BRIDGE AND UMMM WHY IS IT GIVING TAEMIN??? HELO ME SPMEONE PLS. AND IT WASN'T EVEN THE BRIDGE IT JUST ENDED IT LIKE THAT??? ALSO WHY ARE THE LYRICS SO DIFFERENT FROM THE VOCAL INTONATION I'M ON MY FOURTH LISTEN NOW LIKE SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME MY BRAIN I-

update: FeLiNa has passed away. her spirit lives on, only to stream this song.

update 2: my spirit has risen and i have come back to stream more songs. they ate that song up omg. literally i'm out here dancing in my seat rn.

"9 and Three Quarters - Run Away"- do NOT let JK Rowling find this fucking masterpiece. so there's a magical jungle under a pool? i'm loving this omg. WHOEVER SANG THE "OOOH WHOAAA" AT THE END OF THE BRIDGE SOUNDED JUST LIKE JUNGKOOK FOR SOME REASON??? tfw you see a group of dudes looking happy in front of a fire in a bighit mv: =O. ok ok real talk though how do i figure out a way to show this mv to everyone i know??? yk, just educate them? omg they all looked so good especially HK omg. 100 mil views and only 3.5 mil likes???? how fucking hard is it to like a video??? ARE PEOPLE NOT SEEING WHAT I'M SEEING???? THE ARTISTRY??? THE VOCALS??? also the lyrics??? same omg i related from the first line. i almost want to give it a purple ranking, but it's reserved for Ghosting.

-

update: fuck it, this song is legendary. this is everything i want in a song. the next time some dumbass says "kpop is american pop but in korean", i'll play them this song. this is my new favorite song. i am never shutting the fuck up about this song.

"Roller Coaster"- the intro played and for a second i thought it was Literal Legend by Ayesha Erotica playing💀💀💀. first listen and the vocal talent is insane but it's not necessarily something i would listen to daily. like the arrangement is interesting. second listen and it's growing on me a bit actually. it weirdly reminds me of Shinee? like it is good but compared to what i've heard so far in this album it's okay. like this is something i would listen to only while studying i think. but at the same time it's now stuck in my head a little at 4th listen. so i am confused omg.

"Poppin' Star"- okay so already this is very unique. i feel like melanie martinez listeners (me) would adore this. chorus is amazing, and hearing the bridge right now is just gorgeous. this literally sounds like a popping cartoon star? how did they capture that?! ummmmmm serotonin rush. fucking loving it. third listen and i just adore it. like this song is very pleasing to my brain.

"Can't We Just Leave the Monster Alive?"- hmmm. see this is interesting cause i'm first listen a little over halfway done and it's interesting because it sounds nothing like how the title makes it seem it would sound like. also me watching bts, taylor swift, and now txt vids: "easter egg yeah baby i'll find that"💀 ok real talk though i want to love this i do but like it's not my sound. i honestly don't think i'll ever use the red emoji bc that indicates i think a song is bad- and i do not think they can make a bad song. anyways i love the "it'll be alright" part and the lyrics, just not the way the tropical house was done here (if this is tropical house, which i think it is). pretty sure i could have a plot twist and end up loving this though.

"Magic Island"- see, this is my shit. i am only a little bit in on my first listen, but this is my shit. yes YES YES. oh my god yes. oh my god. okay time to watch the music video which is THIRTEEN MINUTES..... oh naurrrrr.

anyways.... amazing and beautiful song. um now that i'm actually settling down from the mv, it actually has some relatable lyrics that i didn't really think about the first time around. so i think this may be one of the songs i become very emotionally attached to. like.... y'all heard this??? this is a masterpiece. possible purple ranking eventually. hoping this is the vibe for the rest of the songs i love this.

"20cm"- EXCUSE ME?! NO CAUSE WHO'S IDEA WAS IT TO PUT *THIS* AFTER MAGIC ISLAND??!! HELP?? YALL HEARING THIS???? LIKE IK YALL HAVE HEARD IT BUT LIKE HAVE YALL HEARD THIS OMG WTF. UMMMM IT'S GIVING.... :eyes: . okay this is a fucking serve. the lyrics are so cute but at the same time.... YALL HEARING THE BEAT AND VOICES??? IT'S GIVING ME NEW RULES WAR FLASHBACKS FR. NO I WOULDN'T MIND IF YOU APPROACHED ME, TAEHYUN. LORDT SAVE MEEEEE.

"Angel Or Devil"- seems upbeat and nice. also Boy In Luv ref?? cute. after the rest of the songs, this is lackluster imo. i'm sure this could change but yeah

Conclusion:

This is a good mini album. There are less songs I like overall but the quality of the songs I did like were out of this world.

Edited 48 times, last by FeLiNa ().

• minisode1: Blue Hour

1. Ghosting: 🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣🟣. their magnum opus. best fucking song.

2. Blue Hour:

3. We Lost The Summer:

4. Wishlist:

5. Way Home:

Conclusion: haven't listened to the whole thing yet but I need to say this right now- Ghosting is such a good song. it's so good. it's just so fucking good. i have a personal attachment to that song that goes beyond words.

Edited 4 times, last by FeLiNa ().

• The Chaos Chapter: FIGHT OR ESCAPE

1. LO$ER=LO♡ER: ⚪,⚪,⚪

2. Anti-Romantic:

3. 0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) feat. Seori:

4. Magic:

5. Ice Cream:

6. What if I had been that PUMA: (is this a callback to their earlier puma song omg i can't wait to find out)

7. No Rules:

8. MOA Diary (Dubaddu Wari Wari):

9. Dear Sputnik:

10. Frost: ⚪,⚪,⚪

11. 0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) fear. Seori (Emocore Mix): EMO???? EYOOOO?!!

Conclusion:

Edited 2 times, last by FeLiNa ().

• Blue orangeade is honestly so addicting :pepe-sad:

• waiting to see if you give Lovesong the correct emoji :pepe-narrow-eyes:

also tempted to lowkey steal this idea

• :pepe-hips:

look I am lazy ok, I haven't listened to BTS and Twice's whole discography either and they are my ults! Not only that, I have this weird thing when it comes to albums. I don't like listen to them before I buy them.

For example, when I was buying Blackpink The Album I didn't listen to any tracks on the album for a good month. I do this because the songs hit different when you haven't listened to them in a long time.

Another example, I am planning to buy BTS's love yourself tear soon so I try my best to not listen to the bsides I have already hard and make sure I don't listen to the bsides I have heard already. And probably starting summer I will put a complete ban on Fake Love too.

I do this because the songs hit different when you haven't listened to them in a long time.

So when it comes to songs on albums I have never heard I like to keep it that way unless I am not planning to buy that album.

Basically, I might buy a txt album in the future(most likely Freeze, perhaps Thursday's child, I am liking the vibe so far). So I am not going to listen to any of the bsides(just the title tracks).

In conclusion, I buy albums the old way.

But I should probably start listening to their earlier albums since I don't think I am going to buy any of them.

• Loved your review :pleading:

• if 9 and Three Quarters - Run Away has a million fans, i'm one of them

if 9 and Three Quarters - Run Away has a hundred thousand fans, i'm one of them

if 9 and Three Quarters - Run Away has thousand fans, i'm one of them.

if 9 and Three Quarters - Run Away has a hundred fans, i'm one of them.

if 9 and Three Quarters - Run Away has fifty fans, i'm one of them.

if 9 and Three Quarters - Run Away has twenty fans, i'm one of them.

if 9 and Three Quarters - Run Away has ten fans, i'm one of them.

if 9 and Three Quarters - Run Away has a five fans, i'm one of them.

if 9 and Three Quarters - Run Away has a two fans, i'm one of them.

if 9 and Three Quarters - Run Away has one fan, it's me.

if 9 and Three Quarters - Run Away has no fans, i am no more. passed away from this earth.

• This thread contains 18 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!