Are people getting not as tolerant / faithful to each other as 10 years back ?

• I found people tends to be triggered easier on more topics and thoughts than before.

Bagful of different shamings, entilement, racial / sexual war of mouth, red lines all over the places.

It just turned a lot more critical.

Do you find it hard to make peace with ,befriend , trust on people having some of different thoughts than yours nowadays?

• Freddie235X

Changed the title of the thread from “Are people getting not as tolerant / faithful to each other as 10 year back ?” to “Are people getting not as tolerant / faithful to each other as 10 years back ?”.
  • everyone wants to have sth to fight for nowadays

Just not the right things

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think people no longer want to deal with people that have bad views and I'm not talking about those that just have a different opinion. Maybe 10 years ago they could write them off and ignore but I think many are realizing they don't have to put up with it anymore.

i agree with this. i feel like there are also a lot of ignorant people in the world who don't realize that and continue to speak how they please without fully contemplating what the consequences may be. the biggest example i could think of would be racism or homophobia, probably.

• i agree with this. i feel like there are also a lot of ignorant people in the world who don't realize that and continue to speak how they please without fully contemplating what the consequences may be. the biggest example i could think of would be racism or homophobia, probably.

Right, they spew all types of hateful things and they wonder why someone no longer feels comfortable being around them. Tolerance doesn't mean you just put up and shut up, it only goes so far and everyone has a right to remove themselves from your life.

• Right, they spew all types of hateful things and they wonder why someone no longer feels comfortable being around them. Tolerance doesn't mean you just put up and shut up, it only goes so far and everyone has a right to remove themselves from your life.

i wholeheartedly agree with you, seriously. yeah, i understand some people are seriously getting offended and defensive for no reason but the reason there's less "tolerance" is because of the clash of those who want to be treated with respect as people vs. those who don't even want to acknowledge their human rights, and continue to mock them.

• i agree with this. i feel like there are also a lot of ignorant people in the world who don't realize that and continue to speak how they please without fully contemplating what the consequences may be. the biggest example i could think of would be racism or homophobia, probably.

There are some blatant bad takes, though we still might be have differing criteria on what those might be. I'm pretty lenient and willing to have a conversation with others without resorting to ad-hominem attacks which is what users here tend to do, even if I don't agree with them.

• There are some blatant bad takes, though we still might be have differing criteria on what those might be. I'm pretty lenient and willing to have a conversation with others without resorting to ad-hominem attacks which is what users here tend to do, even if I don't agree with them.

yeah, i do think that was OP's point, i mentioned it above!

i wholeheartedly agree with you, seriously. yeah, i understand some people are seriously getting offended and defensive for no reason but the reason there's less "tolerance" is because of the clash of those who want to be treated with respect as people vs. those who don't even want to acknowledge their human rights, and continue to mock them.

• I think the rise of social media has greatly influenced people and allowed certain people to have much more controversial opinions.

I mean with covid we saw how sooo much misinformation was spread at an alarming rate and people were standoffish over their opinions. At worst there were racism and violence towards people that had nothing to covid simply because of the narrative that all Asians were responsible.

I'd say it's harder to get closer when we find out how people are truly like.

• I think due to social media people are now prone to airing opinions that they would've known better than voice publicly 10 years ago - because back then they would've still had to do it in person (for the most part). Now they can share these opinions publicly without fear of repercussions (like friends no longer talking to them) and can easily connect with likeminded folks all over the world.

I've said it before, but social media is a bit like the ability to read minds. We now have to deal with reading all the vile thoughts that, in the past, people used to thankfully keep to themselves.

• That happens cause most kids are going to be on the internet since a very young age often now. I mean when the 8 year old Lilly hears that her friend the 7 year old Michelle has her first iphone of cause Lilly wants one too and 5 years later Lilly and her friend Michelle are both on Instagram, watch Youtube and go on Discord etc. and than you see 28 year old Amber finding out that Lilly and Michelle are on her Discord-server and tell other user to STFU cause "children are online" than of cause it will get an impact on how Lilly and Michelle grow up with the Internet and oneday they are both 20 and 21 year old and see 13 year old kids going online and than they themself begin to curse at users who say stuff around kids which is not suitable for children.

Many times people nowadays allways act online as if they cannot do things around kids. You for example want to tell in a group-chat that you got pregnant at age 24 and that it took you and your fiance 1 year of trying and than the next moment someone may asks you to scensor your message or post it with "trigger warning" just cause you used the word "sex"

But that's not everything, because some people also make other feel insecure about stuff so much that you get coments of other users like "next time check someone's gender/pronounce before you talk to them!" or "You know you have to put a trigger warning next time!" or "Stop posting this, children might see that!" etc. and in the worst case you even get into useless fights since there can be people who be like: "Well but I said so!" if you try to give them an answer/comment or they even act around you as if what you just told them was not even an answer to their question even if you answered ...

There are also people, mostly teenager who think they have to rub everything into your face and it annoys me

• "Why did you call me guy? I am a girl!"
    • "I don't listen to boygroups"
    • "I hate KPop"
    • "Do not talk to me about BTS cause I hate them"
    • "Who cares that you bought ice cream"
    • "Stop posting this cause I don't want to see this"
    • "Can you delet this because (stupid reason)"
    • "Why the heck did you not scensor this coment?"
    • "I am a them/they and not a she!"
    • "Bruh I'm not a teenager"
    • "Dude why do you even said that? The guy has no idea of sexuality cause they do not talk about it in their religion"
    • "You know I'm a muslim?!"
    • "Why do you tell me this, I don't want to know that!"

etc.

And it's weird ya know, but especially young children will see this behavier and learn from it that behaving like a douchbag would be normal and so they copy this to their own behavier and next time you accidantly do something wrong they might tell you "Ey, I'm a girl you moron!"

BTW most of these behavier-things are online. In RL people often do not talk like that to eachother, except you are really that stupid and braindead in RL too. I mean what I say because the girl who might yells at you on the internet about their pronounce and that their religion and that you should not say NSFW-things are often totally different outside the internet.

I know you can see idiots on the street too but that is just a small number of people and many people have nothing that they can do in RL without getting in trouble and thats why their weird behavier on the internet comes trought way more cause nobody can punich them that easily that it hurts themself so they realise how dumb they were like if they would do it on the streets to a stranger.

Kids also often don't notice that written words can also hurt like if you would go to someone on the streets and say the same thing to them

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!